Depressed after lifting. Blood-sugar? Advice please.

Nodecaf

Its still real to me, **** it!!
Reaction score
OK, I need some advice from you guys.

Hmm, never heard of this, it would be interesting to find out why though.

It sounds hypoglycemic, and yes, that is blood sugar related. If you're eating a high amount of carbs then that will do it.

possible symtomes of over training also. I used to be somewhat the same way, after the training I could sit and stare on the floor for about 15-20 min before I could even take a shower.

but if you have no other symtomes it's probably like mathias said, your energy is drained.

Thanks for your advice.
So what do you think I should stuff my face with right after lifting? I do a carb and protein shake. My brother (who has diabeetus) tells me to drink a coke or eat some candy. but I cant stand that. I will do it if it helps tho..

I think it might be a combination of both here. I`ve taken one week off, and gonna take it easy on the weights the next week.

See your physician, and get a fasting blood glucose done, along with a full workup; I honestly don't think it's hypoglycemia, though. Your pre/post intake sounds fine, but only your physician has the definitive answer

Are you using preWO stims? IMO your symptoms sound like someone "coming down".
Do you have a history of depression?
Are you on any SSRI or SNRI drugs for depression/anxiety?

^Nope, I`ve never been depressed. And dont take any medications what so ever.
I guess I`ve might been overtraining, but I didnt know it would bring mental side-effects.

if you overtrained, sadly one week of rest wont do it. but of course that depends on alot of stuff.

you should be able to google you to some information or talk to people on the gym. try to find other with the same symtoms.

I honestly don't think it's hypoglycemia, though.

Diabetes is in his family, so there's actually a good chance of it being hypoglycemia. It's usually the first step for full-blown diabetics. A lot of people think that they have depression but what they really need to do is control their blood sugar. For every glucose-high, there is an equal and opposite low.

Diabetes is in his family, so there's actually a good chance of it being hypoglycemia. It's usually the first step for full-blown diabetics. A lot of people think that they have depression but what they really need to do is control their blood sugar. For every glucose-high, there is an equal and opposite low.

Can I do something about this, something diet-related?

Can I do something about this, something diet-related?

Eat low carb and only eat carbs PWO if you need them. Either high fat, moderate protein, low carb or high protein, moderate fat, low carb - whichever suits you best. Excessive Insulin is your worst enemy.

Back