Deploying to Afghanistan, tell me what I need!

My unit really doesn't care about what you wear, issued or not. Everyone has their own stuff and wears what they want. We will see if that changes downrange though.

If you ain't gonna be out wandering about think about how you spend your loot.

As in the issued plate carrier will be good enough, free and its a known quantity.

Unless you are going to be a grunt in the foothills or the grape rows the kit isn't as important. Prioritize

Thanks for all responses. So who can recommend a good laptop, external hard drive and sleep mat for me? Also what did you guys do to kill time, I've heard depending on your mission and MOS you can have a ton of down time.

Thanks for all responses. So who can recommend a good laptop, external hard drive and sleep mat for me? Also what did you guys do to kill time, I've heard depending on your mission and MOS you can have a ton of down time.

Don't spend a lot on a laptop, you're interwebz if you have it won't be that good and will be used to watch movies mostly.

Get one of the terrabyte ones that runs off USB

Don't bother with a sleeping mat, no need you will almost surely have a bed.

Download tv seasons and trade hard drives with other dudes for more media

Get some kind of e-reader and read books. You can find some for free and get calibre and you can format them to your reader type.

If you get somewhere with AMK9 dudes they had mad gigs of media

Get a cheap used laptop. Sand is absolutely awful for electronics and if you buy a band new Macbook before there's a good chance that you'll be replacing it shortly after you get back.

Good point. I'll probably pick up a cheap refurbished one, don't want to bring my nice one and ruin it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back