Deontay Wilder will be remembered as an All-time great and one of best ever legends

If he beats Fury, then beats Joshua there's no debate.

Beating Fury alone would be enough.

Absolutely agree. if any of these 3 guys beat the other 2 and take all of the belts, they fully deserve to be an ATG

Salty Furys boy eh?
I think Fury is great also. Him and Joshua will be an epic fight but he goes to sleep for a 2nd time against Wilder.
A lot of it is they are just scared of not being the experts they pretend to be.
Remember, a few of these guys have a lot invested in saying Wilder was all hype and a joke.
The more Wilder sleeps guys the dumber their post look. So a lot of them are super defensive and rustled about it.

Salty Furys boy eh?
I think Fury is great also. Him and Joshua will be an epic fight but he goes to sleep for a 2nd time against Wilder.
Usyk and Wilder actually are my favorite hws

Absolutely agree. if any of these 3 guys beat the other 2 and take all of the belts, they fully deserve to be an ATG
This.

I think they need eachother to reach any sort of historical notability

He wasn't knocked out cold. Anyone who has been knocked uncocncious in the ring will confirm that. you didn';t see his eyes rolling around in the back of his head as they were closed. His head didn't bounce repeatedly off the canvas because he wasn't out. you can not recover that quickly from a full concussion. Funnily enough he reacted very similar in his knockdown to Cunningham; composing himself rather than jumping to his feet as quick as possible. As you are taught to do as a boxer. I don’t remember people saying Cunningham was stitched up or the fight should've been stopped

a ten count in boxing is usual. the rules don't get changed because 'your fighter' might not win the fight. He got lucky with the score cards and gets to keep his belt. Anyone with half an ounce of sense accepts that

MMA has nothing to do with boxing’s HW status. Most people couldn’t even give you an MMA fighters name other than mcgregor.

and it’s an assumption that he will even fight Joshua ‘if’ he wins. He’s done nothing but avoid the fight in the 2 years since he called him out after the first Ortiz win

Composed himself after the punch like the Cunningham fight???
Wishful re-imagining of what actually happened.

Definition of KTFO. Eyes were rolled up like the frigging undertaker.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9774448/tyson-fury-deontay-wilder-ko-killed-rematch/amp/

He even stated the punch could've killed him even tho he recover quickly.
Wilder has frightening power.

Composed himself after the punch like the Cunningham fight???
Wishful re-imagining of what actually happened.

Definition of KTFO. Eyes were rolled up like the frigging undertaker.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9774448/tyson-fury-deontay-wilder-ko-killed-rematch/amp/

lol and now you are taking fury at his word!

as per my initial post he wasn’t out cold. I gave you reasons as to why that is the case, and your proof is an article from the sun newspaper! lol
Fckin laughable. You’re clueless pal

A lot of it is they are just scared of not being the experts they pretend to be.
Remember, a few of these guys have a lot invested in saying Wilder was all hype and a joke.
The more Wilder sleeps guys the dumber their post look. So a lot of them are super defensive and rustled about it.

lol you obviously don’t understand irony based on this nonsense

I agree with this. They can drive each other to greatness.
We can all agree on that i think. We need these guys to fight eachother

lets talk once he manages to beat someone other than Ortiz....and then another half dozen top fighters.....thread title is an insult to true boxing greats.

Fury also said he is masturbating 7 times a day and soaking his hand in petrol 5 minutes a day to toughen them up! Don't believe 90% of what he says as that's him just selling the fight

I'm not sure he'll be remembered as an ATG based on resume and skills, but he will probably be looked on fondly because of how entertaining he is. Massive power and killer instinct but also a degree of vulnerability, it makes for exciting fights. If we get an era of safety first jab and grabbers in a decade or two I can definitely imagine people being like "remember guys like Wilder?"

I'm not sure he'll be remembered as an ATG based on resume and skills, but he will probably be looked on fondly because of how entertaining he is. Massive power and killer instinct but also a degree of vulnerability, it makes for exciting fights. If we get an era of safety first jab and grabbers in a decade or two I can definitely imagine people being like "remember guys like Wilder?"
Only if he beats Fury.....if he looses I can see him dropping away pretty quickly

I suppose he has potential. He needs quite a few great wins though.

That said, boxing historians and fans are reluctant to revisit "all time" lists. If a fighter's career began after 1980, historians don't want to give them a slot in the lists, for some reason.

He's 34yo and got a gift decision against the only true contender he's ever faced.

With his power he may have a longer career than most, but if he ages like most fighters time is running out to make his mark.

Last edited:
lets talk once he manages to beat someone other than Ortiz....and then another half dozen top fighters.....thread title is an insult to true boxing greats.
Meh, is it really though? How deep was Marciano's resume? Or Frazier's? Or Holmes'?

Some ATG heavyweights really only have one or two real standout wins.

Meh, is it really though? How deep was Marciano's resume? Or Frazier's? Or Holmes'?

Some ATG heavyweights really only have one or two real standout wins.
Back then the 50th ranked hw would be title holder now

We established this

Back