Deontay Wilder vs Ngannou (kickboxing match)

Does Wilder kick? No? Then he loses.

Depends if Francis lands a couple of leg kicks before eating a punch really. I would favour Wilder cos with training he'll know to step in if Francis gets lazy with kicks but it's a coin toss really

Ngannou probably. It wouldnt take more than 4 unchecked kicks from someone with his size and power to take you out if you're not used to them.

He'd have to be very, VERY careful though. Wilders right hand is lethal, and he can throw it from miles away. Plenty of risk that you'll get caught with it midway through throwing a kick if you make mistakes.

I have never ever seen Ngannou throw anything but fists....wtf are they thinking in that camp ? I have seen the dude throw leg kicks in training and it seemed like he could kill his coach and destroy that kick bag at the same time with one freakin kick. But he NEVER EVER uses that weapon in a fight.......does not use elbows does not clinch and brutalize his opponents with the insane power he has he does not try and ragdoll people even though ( and I have to mention this again ) HE IS STRONG AS AN OX ! He just throws leather, that's it. He could be much more dangerous if they just implement more aspects of MMA in his gameplan....

I have never ever seen Ngannou throw anything but fists....wtf are they thinking in that camp ? I have seen the dude throw leg kicks in training and it seemed like he could kill his coach and destroy that kick bag at the same time with one freakin kick. But he NEVER EVER uses that weapon in a fight.......does not use elbows does not clinch and brutalize his opponents with the insane power he has he does not try and ragdoll people even though ( and I have to mention this again ) HE IS STRONG AS AN OX ! He just throws leather, that's it. He could be much more dangerous if they just implement more aspects of MMA in his gameplan....

He hasnt really needed to use anything but punches so far though. Throwing kicks or clinching just puts him at greater risk of being taken down where he is much more vulnerable. As you say, hes obviously got those things in his arsenal if he needs them, but you dont need to diversify just for the sake of it if you're already killing dudes in the first round with your punching power.

Imagine wilder connecting on ngannou with 4 ounces on. Francis would be counting to potato for the rest of his days

The goat has better things to do than ref a matchup between these 2 scrubs

mzRKFSR7.jpg

Bow to the king!

I believe Ngannou would KO him. He is bigger and hits harder. Plus, he is very durable. If he threw a few kicks, it would get ugly fast for Wilder because any time a pro-boxer tries K-1, they can't take the leg kicks. Anythony Joshua will ko Wilder if they ever meet.

If ngannou had the skills of badr hari then I would say yeah him all day, but all ngannou does is punch from distance and he is going to lose that battle 10/10 times with wilder.

I wanna see him throw inside leg kicks with power and then mixing in Hendo's infamous inside leg kick feint to plant his leg into a super right hand.

Has Francis ever even thrown a kick in the ufc?

I don't that it's even a question. If it's boxing only. Wilder would make almost all of the UFC HW roster look like what they are... Not boxers. As in the MacMay fight, it is very obvious that the footwork and stance required to box effectively is MASSIVELY different to the footwork and stance required to compete in MMA .. thuse, REALLY effecting the power of a man's punch. It's not JUST the gloves. It's the fucking feet and leverage as well.... MMA guys suffer from a real lack of power in boxing ... Ngannou would land a punch worth shit most likely. The power just doesn't translate.

Same way that if DW went in to an MMA match against a genuine MMA fighter ranked higher than 457 with any sort of ground game .. he'd look as ridiculous.

Back