News Deontay Wilder too dangerous for MMA

he get beat buy any wrestlers or bjj guy any way.
he gets beat by any 155 + UFC fighter that uses a grappling game plan against him, grappling based fighter or not.

Any UFC fighter that we consider to be "strikers" are more than competent enough in wrestling & grappling to beat someone whose only hope to prevent himself from being grapple fucked by professionals who have trained grappling on a consistent basis for many years, is by being big/strong & more athletic. Lol.

This is a stupid discussion to be having in 2020

Just like Hardy, Roz, Jimmy etc? These guys trained MMA for maybe 2 years max. and they destroyed wrestlers.

I get your point but come on.

i know he was old but did you how bad the pure boxer went for james toney. you think dc would have any issue submitting wilder.

This was a boxing match ... wtf.

Floyd stuffed Conors double leg with ez in a boxing match .... this says a lot about Floyds godlike reflexes.
I know it was a boxing match?

The point is that, even with the element of surprise, if a concussed non-grappler can just dive at your legs to get you on your back, then the idea that he's going to stop people who have spent years training wrestling/grappling just because he's big & athletic is hilarious

Last edited:
he gets beat by any 155 + UFC fighter that uses a grappling game plan against him, grappling based fighter or not.

Any UFC fighter that we consider to be "strikers" are more than competent enough in wrestling & grappling to beat someone whose only hope to prevent himself from being grapple fucked by professionals who have trained grappling on a consistent basis for many years, is by being big/strong & more athletic. Lol.

This is a stupid discussion to be having in 2020

haha wilder would be a not old james toney. he be looking for the ko and leave himself open to be signel legged taken down and look like a turtle on his back

Imagine watching Wilder, a man who barely wins a round in his chosen sport, come to MMA....

His canon might bail him out sure, just like boxing, or he would more likely be taken down and be beaten into submission or unconsciousness...

But we'll see if he'll be like all other boxers who shit talk about how easy MMA would be but never developed the nuts to enter the cage.

How many pure boxers are mma champs? Or even top 10 in any division?

How many pure boxers are mma champs? Or even top 10 in any division?

Codys style is 90% boxing, a modified boxer, but still a boxer.

And we both know that knowing how to get up and boxing (HW) is all that matters.

Garbrandt was a State Champion wrestler in Ohio, and a Senior National All American wrestler as well.

lmfao bro.

Cody uses his boxing footwork (99% of the time) vs TDs. He used his offensive wrasssssling 1 time against Cruz.

His style is basic TDD, boxing footwork and counters.

TDD is just one aspect of wrestling.

My brother is a muay thai guy with a modified boxing stance ... is he an MMA guy? HAHA

Petr Yan is another boxer and hes the next BW goat.

Garbrandt was a State Champion wrestler in Ohio, and a Senior National All American wrestler as well.
& that's how boxing skills shine in MMA, friends. but no can grapple, no can defend grapple.

If Wilder wanted to make the switch, he could probably learn at a much quicker rate than most. but he'd still be behind a pretty big learning curve in the grappling. he could probably be top 10, given how weak HW is if he focused solely on MMA for a few years.

but as is right now? I'd bet on Cejudo lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back