News Deontay Wilder too dangerous for MMA

Lmmfao. That boy would get humiliated in mma

Right, I forgot how in boxing they teach you to stuff takedowns with a guillotine/arm tie sprawl. Silly me!

Your brother sounds poor, and I've never heard of him. Or you.

<{poor?}>

Don't forget about the pivotal Boxing lessons that every Boxing head coach teaches concerning having as many Cody Garbrandt tattoos as possible and how to be decapitated by Doug Funnie/Dillashaw in two different wars.

What a joke. He won't fight MMA like any boxer because he would be a white belt on the ground.

His power is so overrated. Those guys get up. He's been knocking out largely bums in the worst era of boxing ever.

although he hasn’t faced the competition I think AJ has overall, Deontays power is not overrated at all. He is the biggest puncher in the HW division currently. Idk how you think it’s overrated, he literally KOs everyone he fights outside of Tyson.

The key to beat Wilder is pretty much what Couture did to James Toney.

Lol. Wilder would get owned. What are we even talking about here.

Lol Wilder could fight at LHW or even middleweight. If he connects on the jaw of a middleweight with 4oz gloves he could kill a man.

I don’t agree with this

If he was to fight MMA his power would be less as he couldn't box the way he does in a boxing ring

He could be successful but his chances of killing his opponent are much less in MMA than in boxing

He knocks people the fuck out with glancing blows.

Let’s not pretend there are that many grapplers in LHW/HW to take him down anyway.

lmfao bro.

he doesnt give a shit about "winning a round", he wants to KNOCK YOU OUT.

stick to WWE whitebelt
Imagine trying to pretend you knew anything about boxing and MMA calling people white belts, while you have a blue, and telling em to stick to WWE while posting 'Knock you out' in all caps as though it was some kind of valid point or insightful expert opinion.

I suppose on some level you thought you were doing something.

LOL, fighter thinks he is too much for other sport, so he wont get into it as it might be unfair...LOL, and this crap makes headlines? Jones would toy with him inside the octagon, LOL at anyone buying that shit.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Wilder is lean as fuck and im sure he could make MW ... so a guy with his athlecism, power & 4oz gloves ... it would be funny.

Jones looked like shit in his last fights. I bet Lewis would knock him the fuck out LOL
They have ask him about fighting at a lower weight class and he just doesnt want to cut weight, but yeah, him trying with a proper diet might make MW, he is clearly LHW for MMA standards, fights lighter than Jones iirc in the 217-220lbs, Jones has fought at 222-225lbs, LHW for sure, MW is a stretch, he packs power and reach for days, can he grapple? Clinch? TDD? Ground game? Kicks? Jones would toy with him as he will keep his distance and take him down at will, punch for punch he knocks UFC HW's easy, but its not boxing, its MMA.

Taken down a spanked like a little toddler..easy fight

He was 207 vs Fury and hes super lean = water cut for the win. I know amateurs who cut 15-25 lbs of water.

lol@ Kicks Wilder would kill Jones in KB, thai boxing, but I get your point.
212 vs Fury, but he was 209 on fight night, 219.5 vs Ortiz 2, he has fought heavier, so cutting to MW is a stretch, LHW its basically it, my point is that we should go by Canelo's take on this matter, different sports, he might not be the KO machine that Wilder is, but he made a point that are different sports where they get schooled by the opposite athlete, just like Conor was by Floyd, smaller and older against an MMA killing machine Conor was a the time.

If Wilder seriously trained anti-grappling for three years, he would absolutely fucking decimate every other UFC heavyweight on the planet. It would not even be a contest.

UFC heavyweight are absolute shit, and only survive because they face other pieces of shit.

LOL, fighter thinks he is too much for other sport, so he wont get into it as it might be unfair...LOL, and this crap makes headlines? Jones would toy with him inside the octagon, LOL at anyone buying that shit.
Exactly. Boxer seem fond enough of this these days. Acting like they could easily come to MMA and walk through the competition-some even claim to be training for fights Fury, Khan, etc-yet when push comes to shove none of them ever go any further than shit talking and making headline grabbing statements like this.

I mean I can only imagine how easy of a time some of these guys would have in UFC and what a quick buck they could make according to them...yet they always find a reason not to do it.

Back