• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Demian Maia is half Russian

This dude looks more Chechen/Dagestani than Cuban.

Jorge-Masvidal-UFC-211-Media-Day-v2.jpg
Not at all lmao

And there are some theories out there that the Basque are related to Caucasians.

Mas is Chechen confirmed.
There really is, basque language at least is the oldest language in europe i belive and yes i heard its conected to the caucasian languages but im no linguist so i don't know

That's true. But he could be from anywhere from Yurrp outside of those countries and GB and Scandinavia.

Kinda, because there are more dark features in most other European countries. But if he would walk around in many of those countries, I'd bet he'd still get spotted as a foreigner, based on his physical features alone. In some countries he would fit in perfectly though, like Spain, France and Portugal.

He doesn't look Czech either, though.

Kinda, because there are more dark features in most other European countries. But if he would walk around in many of those countries, I'd bet he'd still get spotted as a foreigner, based on his physical features alone. In some countries he would fit in perfectly though, like Spain, France and Portugal.

He doesn't look Czech either, though.

Yes he certainly looks more southern euro than anything else, I would even say south eastern euro.

That being said you also see some dudes looking like this on the northern part of the Alp regions, too. For example he would not be out of place in upper Bavaria and certainly not in Austria.

Czech people don't look very homogeneous in my experience. Some look very northern euro, some have darker features. I have seen Czech people that could look a lot like Maia.

Bottom line is that central Yurrp is a convergence point of many ancient people so that everything East of the Rhine and south of Danube is a bunch of mutts.

He just said it in his podcast. That explains the his lack of expression as a Brazilian and maybe his raw strength in the clinch.
When the beautiful brazilian sun comes out,and the cariocas rush to the beach,Demian Maia is filled with a longing for Frost,and Cold misery. If the night's watch existed,he would go there.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-12-at-15.22.33-min.png

When the beautiful brazilian sun comes out,and the cariocas rush to the beach,Demian Maia is filled with a longing for Frost,and Cold misery. If the night's watch existed,he would go there.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-12-at-15.22.33-min.png

Ok now looking at this Maia does look quite south american.

But is he Slav or Caucas, that is the true question.

Could have never guessed that one. I am speculating that Masvidal has some Russian in him. He doesn't look like a typical Latino. Cuba had a number of Russian immigrants back in the Soviet days afaik.
I been knowing it. It says it on his wiki for long as fk.

But is he Slav or Caucas, that is the true question.
st pettesburg (at least i understanded that) he said every year when he goes to do a seminar in the north of finland he understand his grandparents behavior cause its close from where they're from in russia

Last edited:
He just said it in his podcast. That explains the his lack of expression as a Brazilian and maybe his raw strength in the clinch.
Vitor Belford is has Greek blood, shogun Has Italian blood, machida is half Japanese and Italian, Petr Yan is of chinese and I think Georgian decsant, Rose is Lithuanian, Michael chiesa is Italian, and I’m pretty sure Jessica Andrade has native blood in her because she has that Aztec warrior tattoo on her, I think it’s a Aztec... lol. Oh yea, Robbie lawler is 25% asian :) . His mom is half Filipino.

Dont say that. Open your gates. Quebec's cold will serve.

3rKD.gif

Flag_of_Quebec.gif

Wut

Funnily enough there are many Québécois men that look like Maia.
In a flannel shirt and a Habs cap literally nobody would assume that he s not home bred.

Reactions: HHJ
Wut

Funnily enough there are many Québécois men that look like Maia.
In a flannel shirt and a Habs cap literally nobody would assume that he s not home bred.
It's painful for me not to be able to go out there. I usually go out there 5 or 6 times a year.
Last time was in november.

Open your gates to me too lol

Wait we need to nail down exactly what ethnicity from Russia he is. Then we gotta decide if he counts as a “true” African or not

That's the one hand Lannister? That guy looks North Euro.
Maia doesn't look North Euro to me. Looks Southern to central to Eastern euro to me. If I had to guess I would say he's from the Balkans, like Romanian or something.
I was thinking French or Spanish but Romanian makes perfect sense, he does look like Romanians I've seen.

Yes he certainly looks more southern euro than anything else, I would even say south eastern euro.

That being said you also see some dudes looking like this on the northern part of the Alp regions, too. For example he would not be out of place in upper Bavaria and certainly not in Austria.

Czech people don't look very homogeneous in my experience. Some look very northern euro, some have darker features. I have seen Czech people that could look a lot like Maia.

Bottom line is that central Yurrp is a convergence point of many ancient people so that everything East of the Rhine and south of Danube is a bunch of mutts.

It also depends on how keen of an eye the person has for spotting (possible) subtle differences in regionally developed physical features. Maia has some very distinct finer facial features and very straight ones, too. And he is pretty tan, too, compared to the locals in many places. Though obviously he could stay out of the sun long enough, but as he most of the time is, dude is well supplied with vitamin D (no pun intended lol).

I agree that he could easily pass for South Eastern Euro, too.

Vitor Belford is has Greek blood, shogun Has Italian blood, machida is half Japanese and Italian, Petr Yan is of chinese and I think Georgian decsant, Rose is Lithuanian, Michael chiesa is Italian, and I’m pretty sure Jessica Andrade has native blood in her because she has that Aztec warrior tattoo on her, I think it’s a Aztec... lol. Oh yea, Robbie lawler is 25% asian :) . His mom is half Filipino.
Benson Henderson is Blasian. Black + Korean

BJ Penn is a hapa
Travis Brown too

Back