Demian Maia criticizes allowing trans fighters to particate in wmma

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Demian Maia a fighter with a reputation as being one of the nicest individuals in mma gives his honest opinion on trans fighters competing in wmma after the recent victory by Alana Mclaughlin.

“I think it’s absurd for you to put a person who was born a man to fight a woman. I’m going to talk about my sport, which is fighting. The person (who faces the trans athlete) will get hurt. There is no comparison. ‘Oh, but she started taking (female) hormones early on.’ Does not matter.

“The development there… And it’s not prejudice, none of that. But you have to understand that to work on the issue of prejudice in society, it’s not like that. This is not what will make people more or less prejudiced.”

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/09/demian-maia-scoffs-at-transgender-fighter-facing-women/

Last edited:
He's not wrong

Demian being a BJJ guy talking about trans just reminded me of this from King of the Hill
535y7q.jpg

Most UFC dropouts in the same weight class would beat her.

Common sense is common sense. I’m sure even the trans community would agree that a man beating up a woman is counter-productive towards their cause

I have zero problems with trans people. But especially in combat sports, I don’t think it’s a level playing field.

Ironically combat sports is probably the most fair since at least there are weight classes. Imagine trans Shaq in the WNBA or something. Trans Albert Pujols or Randy Johnson in softball, etc.

Absolutely.

I support your right to be whoever you want, dress up how you're happy, and sleep with whoever...

But I don't support your right to overrule science, especially here where you can seriously hurt women.

The only people who don't see a problem with it are people who don't understand or follow sports.

They don't realize that at the highest level of basically every athletic competition, the best females in the world simply cannot compete with the best males.

I had to explain to a guy once that the pro sports leagues technically aren't 'Men's' leagues. If a woman was good enough to compete with the men, she would. Like if there was a woman as good as LeBron, she would be able to play in the NBA, she wouldn't be forced to compete in the WNBA lmao.

Common sense is common sense. I’m sure even the trans community would agree that a man beating up a woman is not going to make any positive progress for their cause
The problem with that statement is that most of the trans community would hold the opinion that he was a woman all along. Even when he was in the ARMY and had a beard

huge-52.jpg

Back