Demetrious Johnson on Jos

How do all these fighters keep getting cleared if they are so 'injured' all the time before fights? I think they aren't and just bring that crap up to make their victories seem that much more impressive. Gullible fans that live vicariously through fighters eat that trash up.

Fighters are constantly injured. Its usually a question of whether or not their injury is debilitating enough to call off the fight.

Lol silly Mouse, at this point hes willing to say or do anything just to get #respect and sell PPVs, even if it means trolling.

BTW:

yxaLJB.gif

Nobody is commenting about how Conor cuts weight and how that may have affected his performance against Mendes?

I watched the Halloway vs Conor weight in the other night and its amazing how different Conor looked, for me he looked fresh and healthy at 146 pounds Conor was in great shape for that fight.

I think Conor is cutting too much weight at the last minute recently and its showing. If Conor cuts weight properly and on time i think he will look phenomenal against Aldo.

The only thing that will beat Conor is the weight cuts he needs to do it right.

Nobody is commenting about how Conor cuts weight and how that may have affected his performance against Mendes?

I watched the Halloway vs Conor weight in the other night and its amazing how different Conor looked, for me he looked fresh and healthy at 146 pounds Conor was in great shape for that fight.

I think Conor is cutting too much weight at the last minute recently and its showing. If Conor cuts weight properly and on time i think he will look phenomenal against Aldo.

The only thing that will beat Conor is the weight cuts he needs to do it right.

Conor had about 6 months to get ready for the fight including the weight cut, Mendes had two weeks to cut about 20-25lbs lol

Conor had about 6 months to get ready for the fight including the weight cut, Mendes had two weeks to cut about 20-25lbs lol

Mendes is a overblown bantamweight. He doesn't cut that amount of weight for a fight. Conor however had to cut 24 pounds in two weeks its obvious Conor has less time to cut weight, then most fighters, due to the pressures of the media and his fame.

Conor needs to cut weight properly there was a reason Mendes had a easy time taking him down. Conor energy levels are likely very low due to that hard weight cut.

that moment when you click on a thread just to realize that TS is on your blocked list

Mendes is a overblown bantamweight. He doesn't cut that amount of weight for a fight. Conor however had to cut 24 pounds in two weeks its obvious Conor has less time to cut weight, then most fighters, due to the pressures of the media and his fame.

Conor needs to cut weight properly there was a reason Mendes had a easy time taking him down. Conor energy levels are likely very low due to that hard weight cut.

I dunno about Mendes being an "overblown" BW dude, he's short but hes lean as heck. That kinda weight isnt as easy to drop dude.

19a7a566b46711e3a3aa1276ee31129e_8.jpg

I dunno about Mendes being an "overblown" BW dude, he's short but hes lean as heck. That kinda weight isnt as easy to drop dude.

19a7a566b46711e3a3aa1276ee31129e_8.jpg

Difference is Mendes can make bantamweight. Conor hasn't got a hope to fight at that weight hes too big, like Conor could fight at welterweight if he wanted, Mendes can't.

Mendes making weight at featherweight is easy, for Conor its an ordeal a struggle. Conor has to do it right or it will zap hes energy i felt he was not in great shape against Mendes. Conor is so good he can still win, but against Aldo he needs to cut weight ahead of time.

He knew in January he would be fighting in July.

He knew in January he would be fighting in July.

I said he was not cutting weight properly did i not! Its obvious hes doing it at the last minute before the fight. Cutting 24 pounds in less then two weeks is not healthy.

I said he was not cutting weight properly did i not! Its obvious hes doing it at the last minute before the fight. Cutting 24 pounds in less then two weeks is not healthy.

Well you also said he has less time to cut weight than other fighters. Which isn't true.

How do all these fighters keep getting cleared if they are so 'injured' all the time before fights? I think they aren't and just bring that crap up to make their victories seem that much more impressive. Gullible fans that live vicariously through fighters eat that trash up.

Welcome to the world of professional sports. Athletes are almost never 100%. Every NBA game, very NHL game, every NFL game, and every MMA fight these guys are in less than optimal condition. I just watched an NFL preseason game in which a bunch of guys sat out with injuries and when they asked the coach how serious they were he laughed and said, "If it was a real game every one of them would be dressed and playing."

Was Conor actually injured in this fight? For a guy with a history of knee problems it seems easy enough to believe. Your attempt to imply that you are smarter than other fans, and less apt to live vicariously through sports, seems unwarranted.

Well you also said he has less time to cut weight than other fighters. Which isn't true.

Conor is always doing media of some sort everywhere he goes he is followed. What other fighter in that division is scrutinised like that?There is big difference lately in hes weight cutting it started with the siver fight, explain that then?

Conor is always doing media of some sort everywhere he goes he is followed. What other fighter in that division is scrutinised like that?There is big difference lately in hes weight cutting it started with the siver fight, explain that then?

He knew back in January he would be fighting in July. I don't care about how much media he chooses to do, that's hardly an excuse.

Then dude has to work on his priorities.

Connar likes to exaggerate with everything wouldn't surprise me if he does the same with his "injury".

Back