Demetrious Johnson on Jos

every fighter fights injured somehow.
but I don't believe some of the injuries are so extensive ad we hear fighters claiming them to be.

This really doesn't mean anything.

KO/TKO, it's whatever, Aldo is getting put down like a sick cow.

Oh, and at least McGregor can actually finish a fight, unlike Aldo who can't finish anybody unless their striking is awful (Mendes' striking was pretty crappy back in those days) and they run into his knee, or his opponent busts their own shoulder. :icon_lol:

McGregor via KO/TKO, 3 rounds max.

Conor bless.

conor blessed you but who blessed conor? That's right. Duffy

Duffy Bless

conor blessed you but who blessed conor? That's right. Duffy

Duffy Bless

I find it hilarious how people bring that fight up. I see a lot of people talk about how Duffy beat McGregor even though it was almost 5 years and 14 (soon to be 15) fights ago.

It's seriously as dumb as me bringing up Aldo's loss to Luciano Azevedo even though it was 10 years and 18 fights ago. Or bringing up Junior dos Santos' loss to Joaquim Ferreira even though that was 7 years and 14 fights ago. It's seriously the same kind of shit, lol.

Yes, McGregor lost to Duffy, so what? It was ages ago. McGregor was a one-dimensional boxer at the time. He relied on his hands and didn't use kicks nearly as much, not even close to as much as he does today. His ground game was literally nonexistent at the time, too.

That loss to Duffy was a good thing for McGregor. It made Conor go back and work on everything, that fight is a huge reason why McGregor ended up becoming a real mixed martial artist and the best featherweight in the world.

For so many people to bring up the loss to Duffy, man, it's just funny. It was so long ago in terms of the fight game, 5 years is a long ass time in combat sports, especially MMA.

Everybody loses.

Shit, I won't be surprised that if/when Duffy destroys Dustin Poirier, there's going to be loads of threads about how he would beat Conor in a rematch again, because it happens every time Duffy wins a fight, it's hilarious.

It doesn't matter, though. McGregor is going to put Aldo away, and then people can go on and make tons of excuses for Aldo's loss, then McGregor beats him again in a rematch - then all the sad Aldo fans will jump on Frankie Edgar's jock. The usual bullshit.

Then if McGregor happens to beat Frankie (not saying he will, that's a very, very interesting match-up for McGregor, toughest in the division for him, IMO), all the sad Aldo fans will be like, "well, Duffy will beat him again!! :icon_cry2"

/walloftext

What does DJ know about fighting?

I find it hilarious how people bring that fight up. I see a lot of people talk about how Duffy beat McGregor even though it was almost 5 years and 14 (soon to be 15) fights ago.

It's seriously as dumb as me bringing up Aldo's loss to Luciano Azevedo even though it was 10 years and 18 fights ago. Or bringing up Junior dos Santos' loss to Joaquim Ferreira even though that was 7 years and 14 fights ago. It's seriously the same kind of shit, lol.

Yes, McGregor lost to Duffy, so what? It was ages ago. McGregor was a one-dimensional boxer at the time. He relied on his hands and didn't use kicks nearly as much, not even close to as much as he does today. His ground game was literally nonexistent at the time, too.

That loss to Duffy was a good thing for McGregor. It made Conor go back and work on everything, that fight is a huge reason why McGregor ended up becoming a real mixed martial artist and the best featherweight in the world.

For so many people to bring up the loss to Duffy, man, it's just funny. It was so long ago in terms of the fight game, 5 years is a long ass time in combat sports, especially MMA.

Everybody loses.

Shit, I won't be surprised that if/when Duffy destroys Dustin Poirier, there's going to be loads of threads about how he would beat Conor in a rematch again, because it happens every time Duffy wins a fight, it's hilarious.

It doesn't matter, though. McGregor is going to put Aldo away, and then people can go on and make tons of excuses for Aldo's loss, then McGregor beats him again in a rematch - then all the sad Aldo fans will jump on Frankie Edgar's jock. The usual bullshit.

Then if McGregor happens to beat Frankie (not saying he will, that's a very, very interesting match-up for McGregor, toughest in the division for him, IMO), all the sad Aldo fans will be like, "well, Duffy will beat him again!! :icon_cry2"

/walloftext
Word.

I'm worried the most about Aldo actually showing up.

Everybody loses.

/walloftext

This is how you reacted to a simple joke about Conor losing? Lol you could of avoided the Duffy bless comment if you didn't come trolling in with Conor bless.

Worry about Dodson, forget Aldo.

I'm worried for him too. I'm going to worry a lot that night, for Aldo, for Luke...Poor guys.

This is how you reacted to a simple joke about Conor losing? Lol you could of avoided the Duffy bless comment if you didn't come trolling in with Conor bless.

Lol, I'm not mad or something - I'm just saying it's funny how people bring up that loss to Duffy even though it was nearly 5 years ago, which is a long time in MMA. Like I said, it's as dumb as bringing up Aldo's submission loss to a no name and same with Junior. Hell, it's as dumb as bringing up RDA's loss to Jeremy Stephens. It's as if the majority of MMA fans don't understand that fighters improve.

Oh well, I don't expect much from almost everybody's posts on here because it's usually just a bunch of mindless shit - calling fighters overrated, saying they're exposed, how one guy will beat them because.. well, they don't even know why, they just say it because they don't like the guy they're picking against most of the time.

It's kind of sad how uneducated most of the fans are. Most of them don't even know what they're watching. I don't know about you, but I prefer to talk about the technical shit of what's going on, it's not just pure entertainment for me, I want to learn something when I'm watching the fights and that's why I'm able to clown so many people on here when it comes to actually knowing what the fuck is happening and breaking down the striking aspect or whatever.. because I'm a muthaphukkin real G!

anybody_wanna_buy_a_bike.gif

Everybody loses.

/walloftext

I actually read your wall of text believe it or not. you know what's hilarious though? people using conor bless yet getting pissed by people using duffy bless

and as I said on my first post on this thread, aldo will duffy conor. why?

because duffy bless

This really doesn't mean anything.

KO/TKO, it's whatever, Aldo is getting put down like a sick cow.

Oh, and at least McGregor can actually finish a fight, unlike Aldo who can't finish anybody unless their striking is awful (Mendes' striking was pretty crappy back in those days) and they run into his knee, or his opponent busts their own shoulder. :icon_lol:

McGregor via KO/TKO, 3 rounds max.

Conor bless.

Duffy Bless.

Seems strange that they interviewed Mighty Mouse in the middle of his stay at a bed-n-breakfast with Ben Stein.

Everybody loses.

/walloftext

They'll never listen.

Back