Media Demetrious Johnson: "Boxing Is MORE Exciting Than MMA/UFC Right Now"

That is what I said in the UFC event thread this weekend. UFC needs to give incentives again for finishes because fighters are just doing enough to win. Nobody is taking any risks. BKFC and Boxing are just more exciting than dull as shit UFC at the moment. The roster needs a huge cull also, no idea why these bums who should be on regional shows at best are in the UFC.

All I know is, boxing is the sport of punching. Joe Rogan already told you this.
MMA is the sport of actual fighting.
The problem with actual fighting is when fighters just want to hold a man down for 15 minutes and not do anything, that isn't fighting, imagine that happening in an actual fight in the streets. Sure it is a method to win when there are 'rules' to fighting but fights don't get stood up because someone is playing pat-a-cake whilst resting on top of someone. I don't care if it annoys purists like bellend Rogan, if you aren't trying for submissions/advancing position/actual postering up and hitting, stand them up or bring in yellow cards.

The UFC needs to let their fighters use PED's like they do in Boxing. We could have fighters like Mark Kerr, Trt Vitor, Wanderlei Silva, Ubereem and the likes in this era but we're stuck with fatties taking up the heavyweight division and fighters like paddy pimblett and the mexican Muppet kid. We need fighters who's veins are about to explode from their necks for the excitement to return to the ufc.

Plus the ufc has a bunch of filler fighters taking up the roster instead of signing top talent from outside the ufc because they're too cheap to dish out the dough.

Yup. Apparently Lomachenko is next in the fall, which is going to be a ridiculous fight and mega event. Probably a joint PPV between Prime and ESPN.

All combat sports fans should be in the moment, these are definitely some golden years for boxing with some all time great level talent spread across many divisions.
I really hope it happens. That is an incredible fight.

He's not wrong. And most of the excitement is with the little dudes. Bud, Tank, and Monster are must watch fighters.

Have to agree. I've been gravitating more towards boxing lately. Just seems like there's more "must-see" fights happening in boxing in the last few years, some of them with historical significance.
I'll always have love for both sports but boxing has the upper hand atm which wasn't the case in the 2010's.

They're right. Boxing has been on fire these past few years. They have way more stars than UFC does right now

At this moment in time hes right. I think most people who watch both sports are leaning closer to the boxing side then they have in years. Myself included. I have not been this into boxing since like 2012.

There is a sense of enthusiasm and excitement in the boxing world I have never seen in my short life.

Back