Deleted for Trolling.

It would change the game. Grappling is checkers, grappling with the gi is chess.

As for the actual reason, it's simple, grappling heavy fights aren't good for entertainment value.
Spoken like someone who has never done BJJ lol

Yup. I mean there's a few things you could potential gain like friction, Ezekiel's, side control chokes, etc but hell... you'd even open yourself up to a number of new sweeps. I train Gi because I don't believe i'd ever be naked in a street fight but it has some big disadvantages in MMA.
You would never be wearing a gi in a street fight either

There should be a street clothes gimmick MMA promotion. The argument in favor of the gi has always been that a random street brawl opponent would statistically be more likely to have sleeves to grab than be shirtless & in his boxers.

Let them dress like John fuckin wick in the cage but watch out for even the weakest looking of baby leg kicks tho cause shoes are on the table and assume they got steel toe boots, where 1 leg kick is a KTFO win. You wanna emulate “what a real street fight opponent would probably be wearing”well you can’t have it both ways…Sleeves n steel toe boots or shirtless & in yur underwear… what’s it gonna be mma duckers but career grapplers?

Last edited:
They don't have to use gi. Rash guards would be a good compromise that would make submissions more interesting while not totally hampering wrestlers. Defend FC for example has it and puts on good fights:

I remember when UFC started and they allowed them but why did they stop. Was it to give wrestlers an advantage and stop them from getting choked out easier. I think they should be allowed. BJJ guys need all the help they can get and they should be allowed to use what they train it. It's put them at a unfair position to take away something they need.

Look how easy this dude uses his GI to choke out frank trig.

Guy like Iseral wouldnt be champs if they let the BJJ guys use the GI.

There is already a sport called combat sambo similiar. Think they might be avoiding a sport that's een around longer than the UFC...

God. Just imagine an entire gi covered in those vomit venom designs

Spoken like someone who has never done BJJ lol
....do tell theno_O. I wanna hear your hot take on this. It better end with who trains you/is responsible for you being so wrong. So go ahead, enlighten me....

....do tell theno_O. I wanna hear your hot take on this. It better end with who trains you/is responsible for you being so wrong. So go ahead, enlighten me....
I just think it's ridiculous to say No Gi is checkers, and Gi is chess. I agree Gi is a bit more technical just because there are more options, but both are extremely technical

I don't really have a hot take, in the BJJ world saying Gi is Chess, and No Gi is checkers would be a very hot take everyone would disagree with lol

I’d like to see an Mma event where everyone wears a gi
Who’s the best fighter in the world if everyone wasn’t near naked

I just think it's ridiculous to say No Gi is checkers, and Gi is chess. I agree Gi is a bit more technical just because there are more options, but both are extremely technical

I don't really have a hot take, in the BJJ world saying Gi is Chess, and No Gi is checkers would be a very hot take everyone would disagree with lol
<Dany07>

...that's so not true.

<Dany07>

...that's so not true.
You seem to have a tough time making actual arguments

Why do you think Musumeci is destroying everyone in No Gi? Because he's a physical freak? Or because he's extremely technical?

Again, everyone who does Jiu-Jitsu, or pays close attention to Pro Jiu-Jitsu would disagree with you

The only reason I brought up you not training, is it's hard to understand if you have never trained

You seem to have a tough time making actual arguments

Why do you think Musumeci is destroying everyone in No Gi? Because he's a physical freak? Or because he's extremely technical?

Again, everyone who does Jiu-Jitsu, or pays close attention to Pro Jiu-Jitsu would disagree with you

The only reason I brought up you not training, is it's hard to understand if you have never trained
There's technical no-gi fighters, never said that...but no matter how you frame it, it's just nowhere near as technical gi fighting. Not sure how you can claim to know jitz and not agree with that. Checkers and chess may not have been the best, but was a decent analogy in this case. If you have a better one, by all means....

Why did they though. What was the reason that the UFC Banned them?

Because they had to standardize the sport. Football players aren’t allowed to just not wear pads.

Because they had to standardize the sport. Football players aren’t allowed to just not wear pads.

No they have options, like neck brace, shoulder pad heights and a cast even. uFC doesn't allowed any options. Boxing is the same but they have a little freedom with Glove manufacturer and size.

I remember when UFC started and they allowed them but why did they stop. Was it to give wrestlers an advantage and stop them from getting choked out easier. I think they should be allowed. BJJ guys need all the help they can get and they should be allowed to use what they train it. It's put them at a unfair position to take away something they need.

Look how easy this dude uses his GI to choke out frank trig.

Guy like Iseral wouldnt be champs if they let the BJJ guys use the GI.

Bwahaha the gi is primarily a disadvantage to the one wiring it because it gives grips to your apanyent.

Bwahaha the gi is primarily a disadvantage to the one wiring it because it gives grips to your apanyent.

If the one is training in a GI all the time and pratices a close combat style, wouldnt grabbing the GI be playing right into the GI fighters hand. He wants you to grab in so he can be close, I would think.

Back