Social DEI is so dead

I'm sure that's what the speaker meant by diversity bringing in different viewpoints, lol.
I don’t think so, to the lefties and those who push crap like DEI, diversity just means that everyone looks different, but they all have to think the same.

Well, a massive mining company very close to home is regretting hiring a pile of women miners. They can't lift the tools and will not progress beyond the bottom jobs. Not exactly a formula for success for a company with any forward thinking.
Basically what I meant. Diversity doesn't automatically equal positive outcomes. In fact, such as in your example, they can lead to some embarrassing and tragic circumstances.

So I'm in this corporate group with leaders from a lot of different companies, and they bring in different speakers to talk about business trends, leadership, strategy, etc.

The speakers are generally pretty good. The facilitator asks the audience to have their cameras on so it'll be a more interactive experience and usually 90% of us do leave our cameras on.

But today they brought in a speaker with a background that was all related to DEI stuff, so I turned my camera off and decided to listen while I got some actual work done.

About 10 minutes in, I happened to click back to that screen and saw that everyone else's camera was turned off too. I started scrolling to see if I could find a single person with a camera turned on and I found maybe 5 or 6 people out of 70ish had actually left their cameras on.

This was unusual for this group. Never seen anything like it. I think they all had the same thought I did as soon as they heard DEI, they just decided they're was no reason to pay attention anymore.
A turd named Kamala Harris is about to become president. That is peak DEI, man. Come on!

Basically what I meant. Diversity doesn't automatically equal positive outcomes. In fact, such as in your example, they can lead to some embarrassing and tragic circumstances.
Dude, diversity and equity are all that matters to leftists. It's all about making things "fair". Why do you think they have so much hatred for corporations, capitalism, Jews, whites, Asians or minorities that don't hate any of the groups just listed?

Basically, anybody or any groups who has been successful is despised. The system must be righted and those who haven't found much success must be given what they can't get for themselves. That's where Kamaltoe comes in! Her and her leftist army of dumbfuck Marxists are here to save the day!

I don't know about "DEI", but if you can't design systems and converged infrastructure that works effectively for people with wide ranging backgrounds, including different first languages, vision impairments etc, you simply won't get the bigger clients in my industry.
Hence the system requirements are usually derived from user stories focused on diverse characters with input from the most diverse users.
That applies to everything from the concepts used in designing skeuomorphic GUIs for intuitive use, through to simply offering a range of options for user customisation rather than a one size fits all solution.

I don't know about "DEI", but if you can't design systems and converged infrastructure that works effectively for people with wide ranging backgrounds, including different first languages, vision impairments etc, you simply won't get the bigger clients in my industry.
Hence the system requirements are usually derived from user stories focused on diverse characters with input from the most diverse users.
That applies to everything from the concepts used in designing skeuomorphic GUIs for intuitive use, through to simply offering a range of options for user customisation rather than a one size fits all solution.
In what industry?

Don't take anecdotal threads for any value but there is a growing list of major companies stepping away from DEI
Anecdotal or not, we all know what hes talking about and I HOPE we all knew this would happen.

I gotta take inclusion training as a re certification every year. We all do. Also the Active Shooter videos.

Never have I thought about these things, but we have to take annual courses to remind us about diversity.

The speaker was parroting that same old line too, about how diversity is so important to a company's success, because it brings in different viewpoints...

That's such bullshit. Can you imagine everyone in a meeting, and the boss says, "I like Maria's idea. Good thing her grandparents were from Mexico or else she never would've thought of it."
Well yeah it is bullshit when you put it in a comically stupid way. Different experiences in life do give people different perspectives. Sometimes that really does lead to better results. It’s not about someone being Mexican by blood, but the life experience they bring

Well yeah it is bullshit when you put it in a comically stupid way. Different experiences in life do give people different perspectives. Sometimes that really does lead to better results. It’s not about someone being Mexican by blood, but the life experience they bring

Not really

Anecdotal or not, we all know what hes talking about and I HOPE we all knew this would happen.

I gotta take inclusion training as a re certification every year. We all do. Also the Active Shooter videos.

Never have I thought about these things, but we have to take annual courses to remind us about diversity.

I work for a fortune 500, and while they pay lip service to the whole DEI thing, I've never been required to partake in any of that training or seminar crap. But again, i don't really care for anecdotal OP's

Dude, diversity and equity are all that matters to leftists. It's all about making things "fair". Why do you think they have so much hatred for corporations, capitalism, Jews, whites, Asians or minorities that don't hate any of the groups just listed?

Basically, anybody or any groups who has been successful is despised. The system must be righted and those who haven't found much success must be given what they can't get for themselves. That's where Kamaltoe comes in! Her and her leftist army of dumbfuck Marxists are here to save the day!
Equity is the dumbest shit ever. Our county motto is "through equity and diversity we will become the healthiest county in ....." and meanwhile we're the most crime ridden and anyone with money flees in a heartbeat. It's the biggest Smoke and mirror bullshit in existence.

Im glad this one anecdotal instance is proof positive that DEI is on its way out. I'll sleep better knowing so.
Some more examples might help

Microsoft
In July 2024, Microsoft laid off its entire DEI team, citing "changing business needs". The decision sparked internal criticism and questions about the company's commitment to diversity efforts. A former DEI team leader sent an email to thousands of employees expressing concern over the decision.

University of Texas at Austin
In April 2024, the University of Texas at Austin laid off dozens of DEI employees and dissolved its Division of Campus and Community Engagement. The school cited a new state law as the reason for the layoffs.

Google and Meta
In 2023, Google and Meta reduced the scope of their DEI programs and cut staff.

John Deere
John Deere announced that it would scuttle nearly all its DEI policies in favor of a quality-based workplace.

Tractor Supply
Tractor Supply announced that it would axe all DEI goals and positions.

Some more examples might help

Microsoft
In July 2024, Microsoft laid off its entire DEI team, citing "changing business needs". The decision sparked internal criticism and questions about the company's commitment to diversity efforts. A former DEI team leader sent an email to thousands of employees expressing concern over the decision.

University of Texas at Austin
In April 2024, the University of Texas at Austin laid off dozens of DEI employees and dissolved its Division of Campus and Community Engagement. The school cited a new state law as the reason for the layoffs.

Google and Meta
In 2023, Google and Meta reduced the scope of their DEI programs and cut staff.

John Deere
John Deere announced that it would scuttle nearly all its DEI policies in favor of a quality-based workplace.

Tractor Supply
Tractor Supply announced that it would axe all DEI goals and positions.
imagine all the grifters without a job now.
oh lawd

What’s your point? Even black people try to move out of black neighborhoods.

Edit: remember where those BLM fuckers bought houses?

My point is that minorities prefer living in mixed neighborhoods more than whites.

Nah, guys like that are ok with diversity as long as a couple of things happen:

-It's small. So if 20-30% are nonwhite, it's fine. I mean, it's not 1950 anymore.

-They're at the bottom. It's cool if the oil change guy, or the hotel housekeepers, or the bar backs are nonwhite. But seeing too many them in upper management or a "corporate group" will make them feel uneasy.

If we're pushing diversity, shouldn't we be firing hispanic hotel housekeepers and hiring white hotel housekeepers?

Also going back to Jordan Peterson's argument, shouldn't 50% of bricklayers be female?

You should probably think about your positions before projecting falsehoods onto others. The first sign that you're saying something radically out of left field is when Sinister likes your posts. That is the first red flag that should make you immediately reevaluate your position.

We literally have a DEI presidential candidate in Harris that is polling at around 50%, so I'd say DEI is far from dead. Should she win it will supercharge institutionalized racism against white people on a federal level.

If we're pushing diversity, shouldn't we be firing hispanic hotel housekeepers and hiring white hotel housekeepers?

Also going back to Jordan Peterson's argument, shouldn't 50% of bricklayers be female?

You should probably think about your positions before projecting falsehoods onto others. The first sign that you're saying something radically out of left field is when Sinister likes your posts. That is the first red flag that should make you immediately reevaluate your position.

Speaking of signs, a sign that you're making a dumbass argument is when you quote Jordan Peterson. This guy has been rightly branded "the stupid man's smart man" (google it, it's a thing).

And it'd be great if there were tons of white women just yearning to be hotel housekeepers but that keep getting passed over by Hispanic women. But there's not, it's a shitty job and only the people at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder are willing to do it. And, surprise-surprise, it's mostly brown and black women.

This shows you how much higher whites are than Latinos and blacks socioeconomically... which is the whole point of "pushing diversity." Society is tremendously unequal which creates a ton of built-in biases towards gender, race, disability, etc., so in order to overcome these biases, extra efforts should be made to consider groups on the losing end of these biases in positions of power and influence.

Back