defeating ronda

Budd and Kaufman are two good kickboxers who both tried to stick and move away from Ronda, do you need fightfinder to know the results of those fights? Add to that Ronda keeps evolving her game to play perfectly to her strengths.

was she many levels against those opponents we'll have to wait and see
Her fight against Pennington was pretty close and her most recent fight against Marion Reneau was pretty easy decision win and those are the only 2 fighters that she has faced that I have heard of.

The only way to beat Ronda is tag her with a bomb and finish her when she's hurt. She's not going to lose a decision, and since 135 is grappler heavy there isn't a good enough striker to beat her on the feet because behind the jab and right heater is her clinch game.

Remember how GSP, Fedor, and hell even Rashad Evans used to follow strikes immediately with takedowns? That's Ronda, except instead of defending a traditional double or single leg you're defending clinch throws, reaps, sweeps, and hip throws from every angle.

And how do you pronounce her name, anyway? Someone explain it to me, please.

B-e-th-e - Beth. Right?

Where does Rogan get Bet-ch-e from?

I think it's Betchy but others say it's Betch. It isn't Beth.

Someone who is good at sprawl n brawl and is smart enough not to try to clinch with her. All of the women so far that RR has fought have had horrible or non existent game plans.

RR's best takedown is her judo throw but her single leg is average at best so anyone smart would avoid the clinch at all costs.
A good jab and sprawl n brawl is what it will take to beat her.

Bethe is too slow and her TDD is terrible though so RR will have no problems with her. Another easy win for Rousey unfortunately.

I wonder if Holy Holms TDD is good enough to stop Rouseys take downs? Holms would wreck Rousey on the stand up.

Someone with good striking and a killer TDD.

As far as the takedown defense goes, strength is a given. However, a good strafe or a sidestep out of her clinch like Machida used to do when he used strategy. I guess that requires quickness and excellent footing.

All that adds up to fighter that doesn't exist. I would say Cyborg but her grappling remains a mystery for the most part.

Cyborg.. seriously have you people even seen a single one of her fights? She is a haymaker swinging brawler who falls down half of the time due to her own clumsiness.. She has less chance to beat Ronda than McMann

Someone who is good at sprawl n brawl and is smart enough not to try to clinch with her. All of the women so far that RR has fought have had horrible or non existent game plans.

RR's best takedown is her judo throw but her single leg is average at best so anyone smart would avoid the clinch at all costs.
A good jab and sprawl n brawl is what it will take to beat her.

Bethe is too slow and her TDD is terrible though so RR will have no problems with her. Another easy win for Rousey unfortunately.

I wonder if Holy Holms TDD is good enough to stop Rouseys take downs? Holms would wreck Rousey on the stand up.

Holly doesn't wreck anyone standing, she just outpoints them from the outside. It's effective, she's winning, but it's in no way "wrecking" anyone. And she doesn't have huge power, which leads me to...

And the clinch isn't all that easy to avoid unless you have amazing footwork AND crazy power. Because if Ronda isn't scared of your power, good luck stopping her from getting in tight.

Cyborg probably has that kind of power, but her footwork isn't good enough. She pretty much has one direction when she fights and that's forward. Which leads her right into the clinch.

Basically, there's nobody out there that will beat Ronda as of now.

Holly doesn't wreck anyone standing, she just outpoints them from the outside. It's effective, she's winning, but it's in no way "wrecking" anyone. And she doesn't have huge power, which leads me to...

And the clinch isn't all that easy to avoid unless you have amazing footwork AND crazy power. Because if Ronda isn't scared of your power, good luck stopping her from getting in tight.

Cyborg probably has that kind of power, but her footwork isn't good enough. She pretty much has one direction when she fights and that's forward. Which leads her right into the clinch.

Basically, there's nobody out there that will beat Ronda as of now.

Holm has no power? She has 6 KO/TKO wins and her record is only 9-0. She has put several girls to sleep.

She is almost unbeatable and the scary thing is that she is still improving. The time to defeat her was when her striking was weak (around the time she first fought Miesha).

I think she retires undefeated.

The only way Ronda loses is if she hangs around past her prime... Or maybe if she faces Cybor. I'm 50/50 on that fight.

The person to beat her would have to have good tdd and stopping power. WBW doesn't have anyone with that kind of power and they would need special tdd to stop those Judo throws.

Zingano was capable of beating her but she went full retard and just ran directly into her clinch which is exactly the opposite of what she should have done.

Tate kept trying to clinch with Rousey which is the dumbest thing you can do. Tate is a grappler though so Rousey is just stylistically a bad match up for Tate.

McMann was the only one who went in with a good game plan. She kept good striking distance and avoided the clinch to the best of her ability. She even got out of the first clinch where RR walled and stalled her which was impressive and she brawled really good I thought. She still came up short though.

I think if Zingano fought like McMann did she would have the best chance.

while a tdd is a staple imo ronda td anyone in her grappling range

Back