Rumored Deconstructing MMA Myths... [Part 39.1] - Chasin´The Wolf ´round the Ring... [Fedor vs Arona]

Akira Maeda was quoted as saying "in my show, horn was the winner"

RINGS was known for its controversial judging system where certain criteria such as bjj positioning weren't factored in the decisions.

Henderson besting nogueira wouldn't have happened in elsewhere and they gave kosaka the majority win over nogueira which was corrected to a draw due to negative feedbacks from the audience.

hmm..yeah... but there´s actually some story behind this, we´ll try to assess it in the 2nd part...
When's part 2 coming out ? I know you put in a lot of time and effort to make these threads , so Im not rushing you , just wondering .

When's part 2 coming out ? I know you put in a lot of time and effort to make these threads , so Im not rushing you , just wondering .
Helax, Boss. Itz 95% ready...

Im Cool - Oleynik.gif

Still tryin´to figure out all the potential parameters of the equation since its the most complex part of this Decons.

Is there anyway for me to get a notification or something when you post part 2 ?
Sorry, mate, some unfortunate delay. Im doin´multiple researches [art cinema, traditional musics & dances etc ] at the same time, this month was a busy one, indeed...

I´ll drop the 2nd Part this week. Word.

Really what it comes down to is a match were one guy dominated one round and the other won two much closer rounds.

Arona to me was really impressive in just how good he was almost right from the start of his career, pretty much everything that was there during his best wins was on display here, the lowkicks, the timed shots, the positional grappling. To be pretty much at your peak form from debut is dam impressive.

By modern standards though Fedor also evolved pretty quickly, we get people talking about fighters being "green" 3-4 years into their careers these days but this was less than a year into his career. By the following year against Babalu I think you'd seen a shift tactically towards valuing position more realising the difference no resets like in sambo/judo made.

Should be noted that while Volk Han is a legend, He is a very shady character. He was arrested in the last 5 years or so for extortion of a furniture business.

Maeda is a criminal whose crimes span decades.

My honest opinion ? Arona was screwed, the only part that is unclear is where the orders came from..plenty of suspects..

@gono btw

Have you considered making a thread on the crimes commited by Maeda ?

Last edited:
Great read, thanks Gono!

I already knew some parts of this controversy, but I had never seen it compiled in such a way; you made a commendable effort in dissecting each side's arguments...

Volk Han's claims about convincing Maeda to give that fight to Fedor always seemed fishy, but that was a time before everyone had a camera in their pocket, before regular folks cared about MMA, and before tweeter...
nowadays, a billingual Russian fan could immediately ask Maeda if that is true or not.

and in the span of a few hours, we could have some (for example) "lol who the fook is that guy" comment under Volk Han's interview, with a bunch of camera angles proving that he never went close to him during the fight.
Back then, realistically, who had the means to verify Volk Han's claims, and then confront him with whatever Maeda could have said in return?

That's why most of us had to rely on guys like Bas Rutten to ask someone who speaks Russian who knows a fighter from that first guy's camp who speaks Japanese, etc...

And we also had to take whatever a fighter would claim in their book for gospel...
Thanks for helping clarify muddy situations like this GONO

Should be noted that while Volk Han is a legend, He is a very shady character. He was arrested in the last 5 years or so for extortion of a furniture business.

Maeda is a criminal whose crimes span decades.

My honest opinion ? Arona was screwed, the only part that is unclear is where the orders came from..plenty of suspects..

@gono btw

Have you considered making a thread on the crimes commited by Maeda ?

Any source on that Maeda allegations?

Volk and Arona's takes reek of pro wrestling shoot interviews. I wouldn't trust either as far as I could throw them.

A Decons requires some controversy, tho... What would be your angle here?

Was thinkin´about a 'The Day...' thread...

I think Maeda definetly deserves a thread from you, but there are many "days" where Maeda did a bad thing

His self admited bashings of regular citizens in his youth (taking advantage of Japanese youth protecion laws). He would bash regular people half to death for the smallest thing...

His sadistic behaviour towards rookie wrestlers including beatings and sexual harrasement.

His sexual perversions and depratvations and beating his wife.

His match fixing and general association with criminals. He has association with korean communists in Japan, Russian criminals and Japanese-Korean Yakuza (this one seems to be rocky tho, lol).

Him cultivating the outsider to appeal to wannabe Yakuza

His fake MMA record including that abusrd match vs Karelin.

Honestly this is just what I remember

Takada gets a lot of hate on here but compared to Maeda he is a saint.

His

Any source on that Maeda allegations?

You can read interviews with him about his past, he admits some things he did in his youth but it's only the tip of the iceberg.

His underworld assosciations and ill treatment of rookies is well known on here. His wife beating is public record in Japan. I don't know why Sherdog lists his fixed fights on the fight finder but you can view them on youtube to see that they are indeed not real. His outsider show is designed to appeal to people like him, selfish Yakazu wannabies and those shows are full of fights breaking out.

The mods here are using forbidden psychological technologies on me and so I cannot edit my post for grammar etc.

Other people on here know a lot more about him than me

Back