Deconstructing MMA Myths... [Part 16] - Siamese Brothers, The 2 HW GOATs...

@gono btw hey.. I keep seeing this people with their HW GOAT lists and what the heck there is an disturbing amount of lack of Nog but in some cases they do respect Fedor and rank him on top so what gives.

Other just looking at CroCop's record and putting him down for not getting the W as much as they want for their own vision of a GOAT candidate. Dudes you really think CroCop for example wouldn't had handle people like Lewis that DC made a tittle defense on for crying out loud. I'll take a hard fought loss vs a top fighter then a win vs Lewis but it doesn't look good in fight finder doesn't it ? :D

Why are so many resisting Stipe for top GOAT ? well he looks human that's why he lost most of those rounds vs DC arguably he only has 1 max 2 if you are generous. His defense are what they are vs over the hill JDS vs Reem touch him and he drops vs Francis to high on his horse. Yea good luck with that a week ago most of this forum was laughing at him but hey he got the W so it's all good now right ? or DC at HW the mythical beast.. his best win at HW was decision Barnett that's it before he got Stipe that is and in the HW UFC he looked average did any of his performances really impressed anyone ? (before he went back and got the belt).

So chilax on the GOAT lists and wait a tad let things settle before your proclaim your new king.. I wonder what happens if Francis KO's him I guess that's a new goat right ? :D
Indeed...givin´props to Fedor & not to Nog makes absolutely no sense...

Fedor´s legacy depends heavily on Nog, & the more ya dishespect Nog, the more ya belittle Fedor´s legacy too.

Meanwhile, most fans are indeed obsessed with 'wins' & losses... But sometimes, 'quality losses' are more important than random wins, legacy-wise...

Last edited:
a9c.png

Cain, jds ,dc and stipe would maul these two

Far better hw's
Ffs hendo bigfoot and werdum already beat 1 of that guy u mentioned

dc throwed that old mw who ktfo fedor

That old mw look like a helpless boy.
Imagine what dc would do to fedor
Please stop
Santa aint real too
Done with your rant?

'Inaccuracy':

1) Rings Era [Ring] :

> Big Nog:

Quality Wins:

Jeremy Horn (Dec.) [@ WEF 8]

Controversial Fights:

The truth is... that fight was kindah tricky to score, very close one, even the commentators were divided.
Should have been scored a Draw at the end of the regular time.
Horn was really game in that fight, surprised Big Nog...

Consequently, this win should be downgraded:

Problematic Quality Wins :
Jeremy Horn (Dec.)

Edited.

Last edited:
Hey Gono based off this is it possible that neither Fedor nor Nog are the best HW of all time?

what do you think of Werdum,Lesnar,Couture and Mir

20200426_002359.jpg

Two #1's.

<mma4>

I remember a few people still ranking Nog #1 (and Fedor 2) shortly after he lost his belt to Fedor. Of course most sites had Fedor at #1 but many believed Nog could regain the title and they respected his resume at that point. Over the next several months though, Fedor had so many epic fights and amazing performances over guys like Fujita and Goodridge. Then in the 2004 GP, the classics with Coleman, Randleman and Ogawa. Fedor was looking like an unbeatable cyborg. Then in the tournament finals, Nog would get his chance for revenge and he sure looked great for a minute there! It's a damn shame it ended by cut

maxresdefault.jpg

But then in the 3rd fight, Fedor had another amazing performance. That was the greatest "punch into clinch" or "punch directly into takedown" display I have ever seen. It was pretty unanimous who was #1 at that point, even though over the next few years Nog was the one picking off more of the other top heavyweights. A lot of Nog's best wins of his career actually came after losing his title to Fedor. Wins over guys like Werdum, Barnett, Sergei, Ricco are actually the wins that puts Nog's resume slightly over Fedor's IMO. (Especially since they both have common wins over Mirko, Sylvia, Coleman, Herring, Schilt, Goodridge, and then of course they both have a ton of other wins against different guys too)

Thanks @gono btw for another amazing thread. Wasn't watching when those people fought in their prime. Enjoy learning all the fascinating history.

View attachment 763479

Two #1's.

<mma4>

I remember a few people still ranking Nog #1 (and Fedor 2) shortly after he lost his belt to Fedor. Of course most sites had Fedor at #1 but many believed Nog could regain the title and they respected his resume at that point. Over the next several months though, Fedor had so many epic fights and amazing performances over guys like Fujita and Goodridge. Then in the 2004 GP, the classics with Coleman, Randleman and Ogawa. Fedor was looking like an unbeatable cyborg. Then in the tournament finals, Nog would get his chance for revenge and he sure looked great for a minute there! It's a damn shame it ended by cut

maxresdefault.jpg

But then in the 3rd fight, Fedor had another amazing performance. That was the greatest "punch into clinch" or "punch directly into takedown" display I have ever seen. It was pretty unanimous who was #1 at that point, even though over the next few years Nog was the one picking off more of the other top heavyweights. A lot of Nog's best wins of his career actually came after losing his title to Fedor. Wins over guys like Werdum, Barnett, Sergei, Ricco are actually the wins that puts Nog's resume slightly over Fedor's IMO. (Especially since they both have common wins over Mirko, Sylvia, Coleman, Herring, Schilt, Goodridge, and then of course they both have a ton of other wins against different guys too)

BJ no.gif

snake great team.gif

Back