Dec.17th Beterbiev vs Marcus Browne Top Rank

Beterbiev failed to impress last time he laced them up and Browne may be a handful. This one should be close IMO.

Beterbiev failed to impress last time he laced them up and Browne may be a handful. This one should be close IMO.
did beterbiev really look bad in that fight?

he got hit more than he should have, but it seemed to me like a classic artur fight. he seems to always get hit more than he should have... but he moves forward and batters his opponent until they finally break.

did beterbiev really look bad in that fight?

he got hit more than he should have, but it seemed to me like a classic artur fight. he seems to always get hit more than he should have... but he moves forward and batters his opponent until they finally break.

Well, he ended up doing the job but Browne is still a step up.

Well, he ended up doing the job but Browne is still a step up.
oh i agree he's a step up, but unless artur has suddenly fallen off a cliff - which is actually possible considering his age - i still expect him to finish browne.

oh i agree he's a step up, but unless artur has suddenly fallen off a cliff - which is actually possible considering his age - i still expect him to finish browne.

Prime Beterbiev would certainly do it.

I don't get how Beterbiev is so underpromoted and so so inactive. I know he had a few injuries (but it was nothing major) and the contract issues with Yvon, but damn, he makes someone like Ward who was in a similar spot look like Sugar Ray Robinson.

He's not very popular either, and he has exact fan friendly style KO artist style that made a lot of other EE fighters fan favorites in recent times like GGG, and Kovalev, Arthur Abraham etc. Even in Montreal he's barely known, and this is a city that really got behind their fighters since Lucas, with Bute (who is probably responsible for the boxing surge), then Pascal and then Adonis. But with Beterbiev it's like "who?" maybe not to that extent but compared ith all the others mentioned he is reallllly underwhelming in terms of popularity.

After this fight, if he gets past Browne (which he should do unless something has drastically changed with him), I think he should try and get a fight with Callum Smith and KO him so he can have that over Canelo in terms of negotiating power since, if that fight even happens, since he'll still likely have to fight 1-2 more times at the very least. He should also be vocal in calling out Canelo imo since he's getting up there in age and a Canelo payday, regardless if he wins or not, is what his ultimate goal should be.

Even if Canelo fights the big 4 names Reynoso mentioned, the order should be clear. He'll wait out until Beterbiev gets to 38-39 and fight Benavidez at the earliest so that he doesn't get too experienced in the meantime (maybe another fight max after this Saturdays') since these two pose the biggest threat. Likely he'll start with Charlo after his break since he is the biggest profile fight and seems like the least risk atm, and go Benavidez after.

I don't get how Beterbiev is so underpromoted and so so inactive. I know he had a few injuries (but it was nothing major) and the contract issues with Yvon, but damn, he makes someone like Ward who was in a similar spot look like Sugar Ray Robinson.

He's not very popular either, and he has exact fan friendly style KO artist style that made a lot of other EE fighters fan favorites in recent times like GGG, and Kovalev, Arthur Abraham etc. Even in Montreal he's barely known, and this is a city that really got behind their fighters since Lucas, with Bute (who is probably responsible for the boxing surge), then Pascal and then Adonis. But with Beterbiev it's like "who?" maybe not to that extent but compared ith all the others mentioned he is reallllly underwhelming in terms of popularity.

After this fight, if he gets past Browne (which he should do unless something has drastically changed with him), I think he should try and get a fight with Callum Smith and KO him so he can have that over Canelo in terms of negotiating power since, if that fight even happens, since he'll still likely have to fight 1-2 more times at the very least. He should also be vocal in calling out Canelo imo since he's getting up there in age and a Canelo payday, regardless if he wins or not, is what his ultimate goal should be.

Even if Canelo fights the big 4 names Reynoso mentioned, the order should be clear. He'll wait out until Beterbiev gets to 38-39 and fight Benavidez at the earliest so that he doesn't get too experienced in the meantime (maybe another fight max after this Saturdays') since these two pose the biggest threat. Likely he'll start with Charlo after his break since he is the biggest profile fight and seems like the least risk atm, and go Benavidez after.
For most part American audience does not care much for non English (Spanish) speaking fighters, GGG was kind of exception he had Jordan sponsorship and was being promoted unfortunately later in his career

For most part American audience does not care much for non English (Spanish) speaking fighters, GGG was kind of exception he had Jordan sponsorship and was being promoted unfortunately later in his career

True, but I mean even in Quebec/Montreal, Beterbiev is so far removed from a household name compared to some of the other adopted fighters that I mentioned it's not even in the same ballpark. Those were all major stars even if they may not have achieved that status across Canada. His whole promotion/marketing has been so underwhelming overall and it just feels like he's being passed off across different promoters that half ass it.

Biev gets so much love around here, I’ve always thought he is overrated. Doesn’t mean bad or anything, just not as good as some here seem to say he is. He is extremely almost animalistic in his strength but everything else is very average.

still, all he needs is to connect against anyone to win. Biev by nasty KO

I thought he looked good personally. I didn't get the criticism. He's just so damn inactive he can never get any momentum.

He needs to call out Ramirez, Bivol or Smith after this but probably won't fight again until 2023.

Artur isn't just a brute with insane kayo power, he's got legit technical skills as evidenced by his amateur record (295-5) and fight with Gvozdyk.

I thought he looked good personally. I didn't get the criticism. He's just so damn inactive he can never get any momentum.

He needs to call out Ramirez, Bivol or Smith after this but probably won't fight again until 2023.

Maybe I’m too harsh with him. It’s just that the flat-out monster that broke Gvozdyk wasn’t there to be seen - and he’s being missed.

Biev gets so much love around here, I’ve always thought he is overrated. Doesn’t mean bad or anything, just not as good as some here seem to say he is. He is extremely almost animalistic in his strength but everything else is very average.

still, all he needs is to connect against anyone to win. Biev by nasty KO

Apparently all you need is a 100% stoppage rate vs a bunch of cans in 16 fights and your a certified killer

Back