Social DeBlasio didnt learn his lesson

Madmick is right. Not many people likely die from going to the park without a mask. Considering the fact that they dont wear a mask, they are likely reckless in other containment efforts and spread it to others, who will actually die and keeping the virus alive.
True, but you start making exceptions like not at a park is fine, while on the phone is fine, while on a block alone is fine, etc etc etc and it all goes to shit. You give an inch, they'll take a mile. If you really want to control the virus then it's either masks everywhere or don't bother with the policy.

Did you not read my post? I was saying shut down mass transit(minus essentials) long ago

But back to what we were discussing. People at parks and/or beaches is not a problem. For you or 22K to say it is, is just flat out wrong.

But ACTUAL STATS do point to sitting in your run down dwelling to be very bad for you.
I didn't single out people frolicking in the part. He latched onto that observation from 22K's post. I had already responded to that post by mentioning the case of the woman in the subway who refused to wear a mask when confronted by the police, threw a tantrum, got arrested, and precipitated Bitch de Blasio reneging his order to arrest those in public who didn't wear masks. I then pointed out to you if the parks are filled, people are getting to those parks via mass transit, like this woman, and that shows just how dangerous it is if more people aren't wearing masks than are, and if they're casually ignoring the standing shelter-in-place order.

If you don't see why this is a disaster in the making, then you're as blind as the Wisconsin Supreme Court whose ruling against shelter-in-place orders immediately preceded a spike to record levels of daily new cases in their state.

It's asinine. Don't be asinine. The presence and danger of the disease isn't the same everywhere. In New York City, it's imminent.

I didn't single out people frolicking in the part. He latched onto that observation from 22K's post. I had already responded to that post by mentioning the case of the woman in the subway who refused to wear a mask when confronted by the police, threw a tantrum, got arrested, and precipitated Bitch de Blasio reneging his order to arrest those in public who didn't wear masks. I then pointed out to you if the parks are filled, people are getting to those parks via mass transit, like this woman, and that shows just how dangerous it is if more people aren't wearing masks than are, and if they're casually ignoring the standing shelter-in-place order.

If you don't see why this is a disaster in the making, then you're as blind as the Wisconsin Supreme Court whose ruling against shelter-in-place orders immediately preceded a spike to record levels of daily new cases in their state.

It's asinine. Don't be asinine. The presence and danger of the disease isn't the same everywhere. In New York City, it's imminent.

Then do something about mass transit. You assuming everyone at the park to mass transit is debatable.

This shit is NOT being spread in parks. SCIENCE is now telling us this. It. Is being spread in closed spaces. So forcing everyone to lock down in crowded dwellings is the last thing we should do.

People should be encouraged to go outdoors...be it the park, beach or mountains. And a mask is not needed there.

And dude, your WI theory is so incredibly wrong and that was pointed out to you earlier when you thought gatherings caused a spike 2 days later. How do you still think that is possible? This is not February, we have known for months now how this virus manifests symptoms wise

Last edited:
Then do something about mass transit. You assuming everyone at the park to mass transit is debatable.

This shit is NOT being spread in parks. SCIENCE is now telling us this. It. Is being spread in closed spaces. So forcing everyone to lock down in crowded dwellings is the last thing we should do.

People should be encouraged to go outdoors...be it the park, beach or mountains. And a mask is not needed there
I gather you don't understand how New York City works.

The streets are clogged during the day, ALL day, every day. Included in that bustle are the Uber/Lyft cars and Yellow Cabs combining to account for ~1/8th of daily trafficking cars. That's with the MTA's subways and buses running simultaneously, and the sidewalks stacked with pedestrians. Within Manhattan itself this is greatly relieved by the shutdown of businesses, since you'll have only a portion of the some 10 million people who commute into the island every day from the outer boroughs, Long Island, and New Jersey, but you CAN'T shut down New York City's mass transit and expect people to get anywhere. There's just not that much space. The vast majority of those who live in the city don't own a car, dude.

We still have little data on the spread of the disease outdoors. Studies in first world countries mostly did not begin until people had ended their usual outdoor activities, and mass crowds in places like parks no longer existed.

I gather you don't understand how New York City works.

The streets are clogged during the day, ALL day, every day. Included in that bustle are the Uber/Lyft cars and Yellow Cabs combining to account for ~1/8th of daily trafficking cars. That's with the MTA's subways and buses running simultaneously, and the sidewalks stacked with pedestrians. Within Manhattan itself this is greatly relieved by the shutdown of businesses, since you'll have only a portion of the some 10 million people who commute into the island every day from the outer boroughs, Long Island, and New Jersey, but you CAN'T shut down New York City's mass transit and expect people to get anywhere. There's just not that much space. The vast majority of those who live in the city don't own a car, dude.

We still have little data on the spread of the disease outdoors. Studies in first world countries mostly did not begin until people had ended their usual outdoor activities, and mass crowds in places like parks no longer existed.

I live in a suburb and do not need a car. Especially when I'm being told not to do shit....so what?

Limit the subway to essentials only.

Why the hell are we worried about EVERYTHING EXCEPT what is causing the spread of this virus

And I do not need studies to tell me people are safer out in the sun than in a run down dwelling with shitty AC with the virus circulating 24/7. Why do you think most people being hospitalized are people staying locked up.

Believe me, the sun and air is your friend

[..]
So in New York state, in 4 or fewer months, two of which were under lockdown, this disease spread from a first case to over 350K confirmed cases, and from randomly sampled antibody tests, an estimated 2.9 million unconfirmed cases by late April (meaning probably more well over 3 million by today). That's how quickly the seeds of this disease become a tree.
[..]

Just wanna come back to this and highlight that people should take this seriously. A few close friends have been largely asympomatic and just recently found out via an antibody test that they had Covid. Who knows how many they have unknowingly infected in that period. However, on the other side if you only perform an antibody test weeks after you had the virus and were mostly asymptomatic and that test comes back negative, that still could be a false negative, as was evidenced in a famous German comedian.

Why the hell are we worried about EVERYTHING EXCEPT what is causing the spread of this virus

That's been NY policy from the beginning. They shut down tons of stuff that posed very little danger, just to show they were doing something I guess. But when it came to the critical areas that really need to be protected, like nursing homes, Cuomo forbade nursing homes from closing their doors to folks with coronavirus. The predictable result was thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Just wanna come back to this and highlight that people should take this seriously. A few close friends have been largely asympomatic and just recently found out via an antibody test that they had Covid. Who knows how many they have unknowingly infected in that period. However, on the other side if you only perform an antibody test weeks after you had the virus and were mostly asymptomatic and that test comes back negative, that still could be a false negative, as was evidenced in a famous German comedian.

That is why people should use common sense. Wearing masks in any enclosed areas.

That's been NY policy from the beginning. They shut down tons of stuff that posed very little danger, just to show they were doing something I guess. But when it came to the critical areas that really need to be protected, like nursing homes, Cuomo forbade nursing homes from closing their doors to folks with coronavirus. The predictable result was thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Yep. They really did everything backwards

So Bill D’Blasio is an anti-Semite, and so are his voters?

What is all of this based on?

You just implied over 700,000 New Yorkers are anti-Semites. Including all the Jewish people in New York that voted for him.

Deplorable accusation.

Madmick is right. Not many people likely die from going to the park without a mask. Considering the fact that they dont wear a mask, they are likely reckless in other containment efforts and spread it to others, who will actually die and keeping the virus alive.
<Y2JSmirk>

Never change Queenie

Suspected super spreaders must be killed! If you don't wear a mask in the park, you are likely a murderous disease vector innit, that's just facts and science and logic

<Y2JSmirk>

Never change Queenie

Suspected super spreaders must be killed! If you don't wear a mask in the park, you are likely a murderous disease vector innit, that's just facts and science and logic
Not only are they indirectly killing people, you are also keeping the virus circulating so the city cant open up.

Super Spreaders shouldnt be killed, but they should be bitchslapped and jailed.

Not only are they indirectly killing people, you are also keeping the virus circulating so the city cant open up.

<{pranko}>

I hear IRobotics Inc is working on a bitch slapping Robocop

Same logic applied to Trump voters every day in these forums, and I've never heard you complain.

Still, if you don't think good old-fashioned Judenhasse has anything to do with this, then why does De Blasio keep singling out Jews and making sure to mention they are Jews, even after acknowledging the surge in anti Semitic hate crimes in New York during his tenure as mayor? Why is he intentionally increasing tension after Jews have been attacked based on his own words?

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...0200511-md2wb4ljmngv5le6jvemp4wftm-story.html
key quote: “The mayor says you Jews are the reason we’re getting sick.”

It's being widely reported that the lockdown in New York is being broadly ignored, but guess who De Blasio tries to make an example of.

"Because DeBlasio specifically uses the word 'Jewish' in what strikes me as a suspicious manner I deem he and his voters anti-Semites. The fact that the vast majority of NYC Jews voted for him is irrelevant. Also Trump." - Inga Logic

Its mockery on the general population. Theres literally no limit to what we will tolerate for our "safety", as has been demonstrated. The more ridiculous the better.

Its mockery on the general population. Theres literally no limit to what we will tolerate for our "safety", as has been demonstrated. The more ridiculous the better.

I think this lockdown nationwide has shown there are limits to how long folks will obey orders they find unreasonable.

"Because DeBlasio specifically uses the word 'Jewish' in what strikes me as a suspicious manner I deem he and his voters anti-Semites. The fact that the vast majority of NYC Jews voted for him is irrelevant. Also Trump." - Inga Logic

I love it. It's the last refuge.

What if De Blasio isn't bigoted against all Jews, but just the orthodox? You know, the ones who've been subjected to increasing attacks during his tenure, the ones he keeps singling out as if they are the only ones breaking quarantine, and the ones being attacked by New Yorkers motivated by the mayor's words?

Because those guys, they didn't generally vote for De Blasio. So the argument that he's not bigoted because one flavor of Jews voted for him doesn't excuse De Blasio singling out another flavor of Jews to the point that they are being attacked because 'the mayor says you are spreading the disease'.

Same logic applied to Trump voters every day in these forums, and I've never heard you complain.

Still, if you don't think good old-fashioned Judenhasse has anything to do with this, then why does De Blasio keep singling out Jews and making sure to mention they are Jews, even after acknowledging the surge in anti Semitic hate crimes in New York during his tenure as mayor? Why is he intentionally increasing tension after Jews have been attacked based on his own words?

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...0200511-md2wb4ljmngv5le6jvemp4wftm-story.html
key quote: “The mayor says you Jews are the reason we’re getting sick.”

It's being widely reported that the lockdown in New York is being broadly ignored, but guess who De Blasio tries to make an example of.

I'm not going to take a stand as a De Blasio appologist, but there has been a consistent pattern of negligent behavior in Hassidic communities in NY and NJ that directly correlates to localized hot spots.

From what I understand (and I'm not an expert) there are some cultural reasons for this apparently related to the communities rules regarding access to media, some related to a staunch observation of religious custom above all else.

Compare infections in Lakewood NJ to any other town in Ocean County for example. The hotspot is due to consistent communal group activity throughtout the lockdown leading to news stories like this, this, and this. Unfortunately it's difficulte to talk about any group or community without it having the stink of bigotry and particularly within a deeply religious Jewish community.

Around here it's been my experience that the police don't have any patience for people fucking around with these rules because a lot of cops got it and some either died or killed a loved one. I try to be pretty level headed about things and I lean towards being a bleeding heart progressive and I personally don't believe there is any bigoted malice in how they are treating it.

Back