• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DEATHSTROKE Movie in the Works from The Raid Director

Deathstroke is basically the villain/anti-hero version of Captain America. Soldier who takes a super soldier serum and becomes better/stronger/faster/smarter. He uses a staff/sword/armor made out of volatile promethium (basically the DC equivalent of vibranium). Slade works as a gun-for-hire and is an extremely accomplished mercenary and team leader. He's not on any real crusade, he just does whatever needs to be done to complete a contract. And his planning skills, while not on the same deus-ex-machina level as Batman, are so refined that he can handle threats quite a bit higher up the power-tier than his raw stats would suggest.

Deadpool started life as an unabashed Deathstroke ripoff, but since then have become very different characters. While Deadpool went towards meta and black-comedy Deathstroke stuck to his roots of being a gritty no-nonsense character.

Very good summary description.

As far as the bolded text goes, i'd say "Yes and no". Deathstroke is definitely on par with Batman as far as intelligence, strategy and fighting skills go, but for the planning, i'd say even beyond that. While Batman is paranoid (thus his planning goes a much deeper and complex level), Deathstroke has the PED advantage.

Que Deathstroke almost defeats the JLA link
https://arousinggrammar.com/2012/08/26/deathstroke-fights-the-entire-jla/

All that said, i sometimes wonder why Deathstroke was not made the primary Batman villain lately. While i definitely don't recommend the DC animated movies that have Robin in them (yuck), Son of Batman and Judas Contract have good Slade stories in them.

How many of those directors listed will still be attached to the movie a year from now?

After the Aquaman movie, here is a list of the DC Extended Universe films in various stages of development:

SHAZAM! - The next DC film to go into production after Aquaman. David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) to direct. April 2019 release date.
- I'm lookign forward to this one. Captain Marvel was the first comic book I introduced my son to. Most ten year olds look up to superheroes. Billy Batson is a a ten year old and a superhero.

WONDER WOMAN 2 - Patty Jenkins returns to direct. Dec. 2019 release date.
- Just give Patty the keys to the DC movie Universe

CYBORG - Premature announcement of movie and release date. Both are now unsure.
- Boyah!

BATGIRL - Joss Whedon to write and direct.
- Is it a Batgirl movie or an Oracle movie? I envision a "Enemy Of the State" type of flick with a female lead.

THE BATMAN - Matt Reeves to write and direct, probably with a new Batman actor.
- Not needed.

FLASHPOINT - The Flash movie already lost 2 directors. Still looking for a director.
- I sense this will be bumped to a much later date.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS - Doubt this will get made since David Ayer badmouthed WB.
- Isn't there already another reboot of Charlie's Angles in the works?

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Lost director Doug Liman. Script is rewritten from scratch.
- My gut tells me this ends up on Netflix.

NIGHTWING - Adam McKay (The LEGO Batman Movie) to direct.
- I like this idea much better than another Batman movie. NightWing is like a blue color version of Batman. Heck, Dick is still a carnie at heart.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 - Gavin O'Connor (Warrior, The Accountant) to write and direct.
- Harley and the Crew Part 2!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS - David fucking Goyer to write the script. June 2020 release date.
- It's like guardians of the Galaxy, but with tighter fitting clothes.

UNTITLED BLACK ADAM MOVIE - Dwayne Johnson to play Black Adam.
- Is this in accordance with Executive Order #231, also known as "Dwayne Johnson must be in at least five movies each year or else corn subsidies will drop by 15% law"

UNTITLED DEADSHOT MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff with Will Smith to star.
- Because, why else would Will Smith be willing to be second fiddle in two Suicide Squad movies?

UNTITLED JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff from Crazy, Stupid, Love directors starring Jared Leto and Margot Robbie.
- I hope she leaves him

UNTITLED JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 MOVIE - Originally planned for June 2019 release, pushed back to unspecified date. They'll now wait and see how the first JL movie will do before proceeding.
- Wonder Twins & Gleek the Blue Monkey meet the Justice League. Hilarity ensues.

UNTITLED LOBO MOVIE - Jason Fuchs to write the screenplay.
- Dany Trejo on line 2.

UNTITLED MAN OF STEEL 2 - Matthew Vaughn in discussion to direct.
- Superman 2 : This time, he smiles. We promise.

UNTITLED JOKER ORIGIN MOVIE - Todd Phillips (The Hangover) to direct. The first film in the new DC banner that will be Not be connected with the DC Extended Universe.
- Red Hood. There, I saved you a few dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of differences between Deathstroke and the Punisher. Castle was career military, then became a vigilante after his family was killed. His sole reason to live is to punish the guilty. He's a soldier in a war he knows he can't win, and that will never end. Arguably, the only thing he hates more than criminals is himself; Castle blames himself for his family's deaths.

Wilson was a soldier as well. He entered a Super Soldier program that gave him enhanced strength, speed and durability. After leaving the military he became a mercenary and assassin, working for whoever paid the most. He switches between outright villian and anti-hero depending on who is writing him. Unlike Frank, Wilson doesn't give a fuck about collateral damage.

Deathstroke is pretty much Captain America without the moral code.

Update: October 27, 2017

Joe Manganiello Teases a Photo of Deathstroke's Battle-Damaged Mask

Joe probably threw out the costume in the garbage a few months back when Deathstroke was erased from Matt Reeves' reworked script for The Batman. When WB called him about the solo movie two days ago, Joe frantically rummaged through the garbage and retrieved the Deathstroke costume. And thus, the "battle damage."

I so don't like his bad orange color costume.

And this actor doesn't do it for me he can't carry a movie the heck are they thinking.. this movie will bomb.

I'm sure Joe Manganiello is a lovely human being, but I wish they could find a stronger actor for Deathstroke.

DC are too focused on casting for physicality, and don't seem fussed if they have the acting chops to really nail the role. Henry Cavill looks the part of Superman, but he"s too bland an actor to really nail it and suffers badly in comparison to Christopher Reeve.

Of course physicality matters a lot for some characters, but not everyone needs to be 6"3 gym bunny, which is basically a requirement to be cast as a main DC character. Marvel seems to have a bit more variety in size and physique for its main protagonists. It also frees them up to cast better actors.

DC are too focused on casting for physicality, and don't seem fussed if they have the acting chops to really nail the role.

Ares, bad guy in WW turned full CGI, weakest part of that movie was the ending.

Update: October 27, 2017

Joe Manganiello Teases a Photo of Deathstroke's Battle-Damaged Mask

Joe probably threw out the costume in the garbage a few months back when Deathstroke was erased from Matt Reeves' reworked script for The Batman. When WB called him about the solo movie two days ago, Joe frantically rummaged through the garbage and retrieved the Deathstroke costume. And thus, the "battle damage."

Don't cock tease me Joe Mang. I couldn't stand another disappointment with DC movies.

I'm sure Joe Manganiello is a lovely human being, but I wish they could find a stronger actor for Deathstroke.

DC are too focused on casting for physicality, and don't seem fussed if they have the acting chops to really nail the role. Henry Cavill looks the part of Superman, but he"s too bland an actor to really nail it and suffers badly in comparison to Christopher Reeve.

Of course physicality matters a lot for some characters, but not everyone needs to be 6"3 gym bunny, which is basically a requirement to be cast as a main DC character. Marvel seems to have a bit more variety in size and physique for its main protagonists. It also frees them up to cast better actors.

Henry Cavill isn't a bad actor.

Thanks. I posted it in the JL thread, forgot to repost it here.

Update: November 25, 2017

Official Image of Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke from JUSTICE LEAGUE Post-Credits

Ok90G08.jpg

Here's a behind-the-scenes pic of Joe Manganiello with Lex Luthor's bodyguards.

nTse2iB.jpg

Update: October 25, 2017

DEATHSTROKE Movie in the Works from THE RAID Director Gareth Evans

vipvpZU.jpg

Warner Bros. is giving the DC villain Deathstroke the leading man treatment. The Raid director Gareth Evans is in early talks to write and direct a solo film based on the assassin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film would be a starring vehicle for Joe Manganiello.

No deals have been completed with Evans or Manganiello. The actor was previously cast as the villain in Ben Affleck's solo Batman film, back when Affleck was both starring in and directing The Batman. It is unclear if he will still appear in a solo Batman film, which director Matt Reeves is now helming.

Deathstroke was introduced in the comics in 1980 in New Teen Titans No. 2. The character, whose real name is Slade Wilson, is an expert assassin with super strength and stamina. On TV he has been played by Manu Bennett on The CW's Arrow.

Evans rose to prominence as the director of the 2011 Indonesian martial arts film The Raid and its sequel, both of which are known for their ambitious fight sequences. He next has the period thriller The Apostle set to debut via Netflix. Magic Mike star Manganiello has Dwayne Johnson's video game adaptation Rampage due out in April.

DC Villain 'Deathstroke' Movie Starring Joe Manganiello in the Works from 'The Raid' Director
<20><20><20><20>

[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]

After the Aquaman movie, here is a list of the DC Extended Universe films in various stages of development:

SHAZAM! - The next DC film to go into production after Aquaman. David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) to direct. April 2019 release date.

WONDER WOMAN 2 - Patty Jenkins returns to direct. Dec. 2019 release date.

CYBORG - Premature announcement of movie and release date. Both are now unsure.

BATGIRL - Joss Whedon to write and direct.

THE BATMAN - Matt Reeves to write and direct, probably with a new Batman actor.

FLASHPOINT - The Flash movie already lost 2 directors. Still looking for a director.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS - Doubt this will get made since David Ayer badmouthed WB.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Lost director Doug Liman. Script is rewritten from scratch.

NIGHTWING - Adam McKay (The LEGO Batman Movie) to direct.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 - Gavin O'Connor (Warrior, The Accountant) to write and direct.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS - David fucking Goyer to write the script. June 2020 release date.

UNTITLED BLACK ADAM MOVIE - Dwayne Johnson to play Black Adam.

UNTITLED DEADSHOT MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff with Will Smith to star.

UNTITLED JOKER AND HARLEY QUINN MOVIE - Suicide Squad spinoff from Crazy, Stupid, Love directors starring Jared Leto and Margot Robbie.

UNTITLED JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 MOVIE - Originally planned for June 2019 release, pushed back to unspecified date. They'll now wait and see how the first JL movie will do before proceeding.

UNTITLED LOBO MOVIE - Jason Fuchs to write the screenplay.

UNTITLED MAN OF STEEL 2 - Matthew Vaughn in discussion to direct.

UNTITLED JOKER ORIGIN MOVIE - Todd Phillips (The Hangover) to direct. The first film in the new DC banner that will be Not be connected with the DC Extended Universe.

Studio bankruptcy would loom.

Years ago I was getting out of a relationship and started meeting women online. I messaged a Raven haired beauty with full D-cups and we hit it off. Then we met. She was about 5' 4", a chubby faced 170 lbs, and a C-cup if wearing a padded bra. That is the experience DC usually gives me when I get amped up for one of their movies.

Joe looks like absolute shit as deathstroke. Embarrassingly horrible.

Not to mention he can’t act to save his life

Manu Bennett = Deathstroke. One of the greatest villains ever & one of his ass hairs could act circles around joe.

DC can fuck off and stop ruining these movies

It must be nice for a studio to have money around just to throw away

Back