185 x 5 x 3

DB Flys
15 x 12 x 3

Landmine rows(need to add more weight)
45 x 12
55 x 12 x 5

Hammer curls
25 x 12 x 12

really loving the landmine rows. I’ve never done them. I needed a heavy row for my home gym. I really feel it in my back and not my biceps which I like. The handle I bought is a beast too. All 12 lbs of her

View attachment 818125

Those handles have my interest for sure. I'm loving the landmine attachment, but I didn't get the handles. I do the one handed rows and my grip is garbage and exacerbated by the thickness of the sleeves.

Did you get the fat bar handles or the regular?

Those handles have my interest for sure. I'm loving the landmine attachment, but I didn't get the handles. I do the one handed rows and my grip is garbage and exacerbated by the thickness of the sleeves.

Did you get the fat bar handles or the regular?

I wanted the fat grip but I went with the standard because the kids are using it too. You should get that handle, bro. It’s fucking solid. When you row you feel like damn Conan the Barbarian.

I wanted the fat grip but I went with the standard because the kids are using it too. You should get that handle, bro. It’s fucking solid. When you row you feel like damn Conan the Barbarian.
I’m going to add some form of rows to SS to get my bench back better. Big back, big bench! You think these are better than just barbell rows? I have just a regular close grip handle that I hook around the bar with my landline attachment in the past

I’m going to add some form of rows to SS to get my bench back better. Big back, big bench! You think these are better than just barbell rows? I have just a regular close grip handle that I hook around the bar with my landline attachment in the past

I feel like the back benefits from all types of pulling. Barbell rows are great too, but for me they irritate my paper thin SI joint so I don't really do them. With the landmine rows my back is more upright and that takes the pressure off my SI joint. I'd definitely add whatever back exercises you have at your disposal to your routine. That back is a greedy sumbitch!

Heavy barbell rows are hard to beat. Or, if you have a loadable dumbbell handle, load it up heavy as hell (use a strap, if necessary) and do some rows from the bench. Feel free to use a good bit of body-English on either variation.

/unsolicitedadvice

BW 227

Deadlift
135 x 5 x2
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5 x 5

BP
Bar x 20
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 5

Landmine rows(still need to go heavier)
45 x 12
60 x 12
70 x 12 x 3

Ez bar curls
80 x 12,10,8

COME ON!

EKGPugN.gif

Monday, December 7, 2020

BW 231.8

AM Training:

15 minutes on mini stepper

PM Training:

Normal warmup

15-degree Incline DB Press
25X6
35X6
40X4
45X4

50X12
50X10

30-degree Incline BB Press
Bar X 8
75X5
95X5

110X5
110X6

Dips (Band Assisted)
EFS Blue Band
10/7 (failed on 8th rep attempt second set)

Band Pushdown
Green Rogue Band X 15/15/20-12-10

Reverse Crunch
12X3

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Normal warmup

Dead Stop 1-Arm DB Row
25X8/8
35X8/8
40X4/4
45X4/4

50 X 10/10 X 2

Neutral Grip Chin (Band Assisted)
Green/Black Bands
8/6

Rack Deadlift
Bar X 3
95 X 5
155 X 5

195 X 8 X 2

Low Incline Rear Delt Fly
20 X 15 X 2

Alternate Standing DB Curl
30 X 8/8 X 3
20 X 8/8, 15 X 8/8 10 X 8/8 (burnout after last normal set)

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Afternoon walk - 2 miles

PM Training

Normal Warmup

One-Arm Landmine Press
Bar X 6/6
25 X 6/6
35 X 4/4

45 X 6/6
45 X 5/5

DB Floor Press
25 X 6
35 X 5
45 X 4

50 X 10 X 2

Pronated Inverted BB Row
12 X 3

One-Arm Standing DB Lateral Raise
25 X 12/12 X 3

Planks
45 Seconds X 3

BW 225

Squat
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5 x 5

BP
Bar x 10
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 5

Landmine rows
45 x 12
90 x 12 x 4

Tricep pushdowns
50 x 12 x 3

Felt strong. Tweaked my lower back on the 4th set of rows. My dogs ran in and I lost tightness in my core. Had one more set but called it to be safe. I don't think it's an issue. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Nice work, Rex. Is there a specific reason you do two squat sets with just the bar? Back when I was training at Renegade and was taking things seriously, I struggled with just the bar. My form was all wonky. Then I'd put 135 on and and it would get better. I guess I needed that extra little bit to help control me down? I dunno.

Friday, December 11, 2020

2-mile walk at lunchtime

PM Training
Normal warmup

Seated Band Single Leg Curl
Green X 8/8
Black X 8/8 X 2

Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats
10 X 12/12 X 2

SS Yoke Bar Front Squat
Bar X 5
85 X 5

95 X 8 X 2

Braced Single Leg DB/KB Romanian Deadlift
25 X 5/5

44 (KB) X 12/12 X 2

Goblet Squats of Death - (Down in 4 seconds, pause for 2, go back up 3/4 of the way so not locked out)
35 X 23 (failed on 24(

Happy Friday, Death Triangulars.

Nice work, Rex. Is there a specific reason you do two squat sets with just the bar? Back when I was training at Renegade and was taking things seriously, I struggled with just the bar. My form was all wonky. Then I'd put 135 on and and it would get better. I guess I needed that extra little bit to help control me down? I dunno.

Just to make sure my hips and SI joint are really warmed up. I'm always a bit paranoid about my SI joint since it takes so long to heal if I tweak it and I don't want to miss any squat or deadlift days. Doesn't feel like a true lifting session if I'm not doing a lower body movement.

Just to make sure my hips and SI joint are really warmed up. I'm always a bit paranoid about my SI joint since it takes so long to heal if I tweak it and I don't want to miss any squat or deadlift days. Doesn't feel like a true lifting session if I'm not doing a lower body movement.

My current program is lifting 4 days per week, but it's 3* upper body days and one lower body day (today). I wasn't sure I'd like that, but so far I really do. I got into lifting with SS/Stronglifts, so it 3 days fully body, lots of squatting, and even training at Renegade, I feel like we did mostly full body stuff. Jay has gotten away from that for these kind of splits more and more, especially for us old guys. I'd probably be making faster progress if I was squatting more, but I'd also probably end up feeling banged up and dreading sessions more too.

*It's basically Push/Pull/Upper/Lower, and on the Pull day we do rack pulls.

This log reminds me of the team competitions logs from a few years back. Great way to promote accountability.

Yeah, I had a log here for a few years about 6 years ago that I kept up regularly. It’s simple but it does help stay accountable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back