• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)

Nothing about this looks fun at all. It's like a AAA version of one of those PC survival games I always see. The world itself does look great but other than that I saw nothing else I liked.
It just doesnt look interesting.

Im still buying day one, I hope im not disappointed, I feel like he may be pulling a tanker type deal like he did with MGS 2.

Yeah, I’m gonna take a wait and see approach with this one.

I know right.

I think Kojima's cheese has slid off his cracker.

I was talking to my buddy and I was telling him how I always felt like the split between him and Konami was more of a him issue than a Konami issue. I never had any proof was just a feeling I got when reading about the situation. When I saw him partner up with Sony I knew I would get to see who was really the problem at that point. Sony is pretty well known for giving devs their freedom. Well this is what Kojima with no one telling him what to do creates.

Like someone said earlier I hope this is some sort of troll job.

I was talking to my buddy and I was telling him how I always felt like the split between him and Konami was more of a him issue than a Konami issue. I never had any proof was just a feeling I got when reading about the situation. When I saw him partner up with Sony I knew I would get to see who was really the problem at that point. Sony is pretty well known for giving devs their freedom. Well this is what Kojima with no one telling him what to do creates.

Like someone said earlier I hope this is some sort of troll job.

Yeah that's exactly how I see it, too. I think Konami figured out how they hard to treat this guy in order to get him to finish a project. Eccentric artists need to be reigned in sometimes, or they end up getting way too far out there.

Last edited:
Yeah that's exactly how I see it, too. I think Konami figured out how they hard to treat this guy in order to get him to finish a project. Eccentric artists need to be reigned in sometimes, or they end up getting way too far out there.

I always equate it to M. Night Shyamalan back when he left Disney. He left because they gave him honest criticism about his script for Lady in the Water. They just didn't understand it. So Night just up and left, and went and made Lady in the Water....an incoherent mess of a film. I get the impression Death Stranding is gonna be Kojima's Lady in the Water.

EDIT:

For anybody that wants to see what I mean, check out this vid. It's really good. And if you watch this with Kojima in mind, you will see how many parallels there are between M. Night and Kojima (there are a LOT!). They both have the same main issue....ego.

Very nice you see this in TV Shows as well. The first season will be great and interesting and then almost like the network gives the creator more room shit gets weird and to out there in the second. It happened with Mr Robot. First season was great and interesting then the second season he tries to get to far out there. Also felt the same with that Legion show on Fox.

Is this a simulator game about a guy stuck in an alpha version of a simulator game?

But... But... If you piss in the very same place twice, something beautiful will happen in the world! And it has urine counter in ml's!
Ya'll just haters! Kojima's a genius!

Seriously though I will wait for the reviews when this comes out. Seems weird as of yet.

But... But... If you piss in the very same place twice, something beautiful will happen in the world! And it has urine counter in ml's!
Ya'll just haters! Kojima's a genius!

Seriously though I will wait for the reviews when this comes out. Seems weird as of yet.

you deliver packages for Fedex or USPS. This results some how in the reunification of the united states
you level up to a hardcore amazon prime worker with cooler gear, and ghost people try an kill you because......well.....

i have no idea.

I was so excited when I heard Kojima was back in the game.

Now...

Meh.

Will also wait and see on this one.

Excuse me, youre a Fedex delivery guy...ok? Get it right...

dougheffernan.jpg

There must be a secret gamplay/system to this game we haven't seen yet. Maybe what we are seeing is the beginning of the game to set the story and action later on? I don't know.

It can't just be a FedEx delivery game system. Sony would have shitted on Kojima. He has loose support from the Guerrila Games who practically donated their game engine to Kojima. If the game isn't fun someone would have told him...

It can't be this bad. But let's see the reviews...

There must be a secret gamplay/system to this game we haven't seen yet. Maybe what we are seeing is the beginning of the game to set the story and action later on? I don't know.

It can't just be a FedEx delivery game system. Sony would have shitted on Kojima. He has loose support from the Guerrila Games who practically donated their game engine to Kojima. If the game isn't fun someone would have told him...

It can't be this bad. But let's see the reviews...

Back