So since the most I've DLed has been 340 for 4 my 3x3 would look like:

135x5 warm up
225x3 warm up
315x3
320x3
325x3

?

there is one rule to deadlifting:

singles, doubles, triples, and 5s are okay. the random high rep "challenge of the month" is okay once in a while (once a year is plenty) but under no circumstances......

NEVER EVER DO 4 REPS.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?
Are you making fun of me?

I knew Bill Starr was lieing to me... that bastard.

Bill Starr didn't do 5x5 for deadlift like those crappy Elitemadcow programs that use his name without permission.

2pr5np1.jpg

161g7yu.jpg

So since the most I've DLed has been 340 for 4 my 3x3 would look like:

135x5 warm up
225x3 warm up
315x3
320x3
325x3

?

Something like that would be a good starting point. I think ChaseT posted a good article, and it's worthwhile to think about alternating weeks of heavy 3x3 deadlifts with power cleans. Andy Bolton is the best deadlifter in the world and usually alternates weeks of high pulls with deadlifts. Not that it will work for everyone, but it's a good idea to think about.

3x3 sounds like such low volume to me. I would think something like 6 sets of triples every other week would be more appropriate. Am I off the mark here?

Bill Starr didn't do 5x5 for deadlift like those crappy Elitemadcow programs that use his name without permission.

I can't just let this one skate. They may not be justified in using his name, but i use the madcow varient and it kicks ass. It is NOT crappy. I have never done the original Starr 5x5 and maybe it is superior, but that doesn't make madcow crappy. [/$.02].

OP: If your form is falling apart, then you are lifting too heavy for the number of reps your performing. If you want to maintain the reps, go lighter. If you want to maintain the weight go fewer reps. Whatever you do don't keep doing a set/rep scheme that makes your form crap. You are making a bad habit and you are gonna get hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back