DC vs Romero

Sure dude, Romero kills himself to make 185 for fun.

I think DC wins a really boring decision. Wrestling cancelling eachother out, tentative as fuck standing. Romero was knocked out by Feijão for whatever that's worth so maybe DC could do it.

yoel gasses hard dc has fought the goat of mma jones 2x and rumble and gus.dc by rnc all day

A lot of circling for the first few rounds, Third round Romero - long told of as if in a legend but... But now... He returns with a flying knee ko of dc.

The thing is, we've seen so many Romero's. He often wins in the 3rd after somehow conserving energy after the first few rounds. Then against Whittaker he was strongest in rounds 9 & 10. At the age of 40.

Still, I expect DC outworks Romero and finishes him in a 5 round fight. Maybe it goes to decision in a 3 round fight.

Romero is a legit live underdog. He could win at any moment. Which is what would make this fight so edge-of-your-seat. I would watch.

DC via big brother. Also Romero's MMA wrestling hasn't been too great.

Romero wins a three round fight. DC wins a five round fight.

DC by GOAT status / GNP all day. Controls Yoel and takes him down or holds him against the cage.

If have to see yoel at 205 before I make any real prediction. As is,and as much as I like yoe l and dislike dc, I think dc beats him.

Cormier would give him a good old fashioned ass whopping. Actually Romero really struggles in the wrestling in MMA fights, he often can't get the takedowns. He is explosive though on his feet, but I can see Cormier controlling him and Romero gassing out badly on the floor

Their were no grappling exchanges between Luke and Romero as far as I can remember. Weidman when he was already slowing down, actually took Romero down but couldn't control him on the ground and Romero regained control. DC's a whole different beast. He's implemented his wrestling game in mma far more effectively than Romero has. Romero is scary sure but look at the Ls he's taken in his career along with the other times he looked vulnerable. DC has only looked beatable against Jones, you think Romero is gonna intimidate him and knock him out? Get real

He looked pretty beatable here.

sGpFwmv.gif

Still picking DC though.

Romero would get tossed around like Henderson

Romero is too fucking quick and explosive for Cormier... Wait why do i hate cormier

Romero's wrestling isn't bad for MMA. He just isn't focused on control. You can also argue that DC might be more technical in his MMA wrestling vs Yoel who decides the moment when he wants you down but will gas out doing it too much.

DC is an all-time great, Jones is just the paper to DC's rock

DC is a smart fighter, Romero is smart in the sense that he finds sneaky ways of cheating, but is not really a strategist

Rumble Johnson at 205 looked about as scary a human being as TRT Vitor, which is as scary as a human can get. Yet DC beat him twice by exploiting Rumble's weaknesses

Romero also has exploitable weaknesses. A) he is a powerful striker, but not a super skilled one. That's why he usually gets KOs in later rounds, when his opponents are fatigued and less likely to be able to avoid his explosions

B) He obviously has had some cardio and weight cutting issues in the past

Therefore, there seems to be a fairly clear path to victory for DC. Make the first two rounds gritty and grindy, push Romero against the fence as often as possible and pepper him with short dirty punches and elbows. If you can, take him down and just smother him, literally, so you can get him gasping for air

Then be smart in rounds 3 and after. Look for the explosion, that's all he really has at that point. He's not going to be taking DC down, even trying to engage in grappling can lead to a big depletion of energy. So you only have to worry about those huge bombs

I think DC can get Romero down in the later rounds and choke him out

There is, of course, always the chance that one of the explosions hits and DC goes lights out. That will always be Romero's X-factor. But the smart pick is always DC

Romero if they’re the same weight class, but they aren’t. Even at 205, Yoel would be undersized against DC. Romero has more than a punchers chance and could certainly hurt DC but I just see lots of successful clinch work and grinding from the larger DC. Randy/Vitor style.

I would much rather see this than a Stipe rematch or another Bones bludgeoning.

anyone saying dc beats romero is a fucking hater.

cmon guys think rationally and use your heads.

Back