DC V Miocic solidified Cain as the best HW in UFC’s history

Cain “Mr. Glass” Velasquez

1505942565679617826.jpg

Still we need to see them fight.

Also no idea if Cain in 2018/2019 still is close to anything considered a prime with all his time off and injures/surgeries.

Stipe also needs to come back strong, that KO must have bruised some ego.. last time it happened he really took it hard and now he was on top of the mountain and lost to an old, short fat guy in DC.. great fighter but appearances and perception count a lot in the eys of the public.

DC did Cain a favor if you think about it. Stipe was a healthy Cains main threat. DC took Stipe down a notch. Cain vs Stipe is bound to happen sooner or later.

Cain was an absolutely shit champ, but an AMAZING fighter.

Do you remember how many times Cain sat on the belt, got 'injured' doing some stupid shit, and made his tidy sums doing seminars/promo with the title? You do not want to wait on him again. It almost killed the HW division.

DC did Cain a favor if you think about it. Stipe was a healthy Cains main threat. DC took Stipe down a notch. Cain vs Stipe is bound to happen sooner or later.

Stipe also needs to come back strong, that KO must have bruised some ego.. last time it happened he really took it hard and now he was on top of the mountain and lost to an old, short fat guy in DC.. great fighter but appearances and perception count a lot in the eys of the public.

Actually he could have done Cain a disservice, because Miocic has a history of rebounding with a vengeance after losses—as Mark Hunt can testify. Yes Stipe took the Struve TKO hard, and it did have him wondering whether he was truly cut out for the fighting game. (After all, being in MMA wasn't his idea; it was the guys at Strong Style who insisted he was meant to be a fighter.) But he bore down hard and in his next fight took an upset against Nelson, in one of his more impressive performances. Having gotten to the top of the mountain only reassures him that he can get there again.

Of course we'll have to see how much the KO might permanently affect Stipe's chin. But the way DC achieved it is less likely to work now that the trap has been sprung once and Stipe knows to be on guard for it.

Actually he could have done Cain a disservice, because Miocic has a history of rebounding with a vengeance after losses—as Mark Hunt can testify. Yes Stipe took the Struve TKO hard, and it did have him wondering whether he was truly cut out for the fighting game. (After all, being in MMA wasn't his idea; it was the guys at Strong Style who insisted he was meant to be a fighter.) But he bore down hard and in his next fight took an upset against Nelson, in one of his more impressive performances. Having gotten to the top of the mountain only reassures him that he can get there again.

Of course we'll have to see how much the KO might permanently affect Stipe's chin. But the way DC achieved it is less likely to work now that the trap has been sprung once and Stipe knows to be on guard for it.

For me from the perspective of a Cain fight it's bitter sweet. I like the fact that DC showed it can easily be done.. I'm not kidding when I say Cain whoops that DC ass in training. So extra confidence for Cain and some doubt in Stipe then again it takes some of the shine away from the big fight, I wanted that fully prime Stipe for maximum effect.

Stipe came back excellent after that JDS fight but that was a close decision and it showed him he can do it at the highest level some changes and he could have taken another round he was right there in the top 3 names on top of the mountain. The Struve loss is weird to me, the poke and slip could have easily provided some internal comfort that shit happens and if they go at it again he can easily come out on top, was very surprise to read all that dark stuff that Stipe was experiencing from the freaking Struve loss of all people. (Struve went of the radar he downgraded while Stipe upgraded a rematch would have had little purpose in the years to come)

KO's are harder to come back then a decision loss or even a tap I would say, you are right who knows what can happen to a chin we all assume and hope he has way more in him then that but look at freaking Francis that dude really took it hard in his confidence and that wasn't even that brutal of a loss. Stipe also was the main event, going for more UFC tittle history with all eyes on him the fall is always harder when you are "the guy", in the Struve situation no one was really paying attention on a large scale at that time.

Last I'm feeling good about it because we saw him after Struve and we saw him after JDS he isn't a quitter it's confirmed by now so all signs point in the right direction and that new baby is just the right motivation he needs. (not to mention many champs said they kinda enjoyed the less eyes on them in a twisted kind of way.. not the paychecks everyone hated that change)

Say what you want about resume and wins in a row and whatever, but there’s no way Cain would have been KO’d by DC like that. He would have been a lot more competitive. Prime Cain > prime Miocic.
Dude lost to werdum shut the fuck up god damn mmamath doesn’t work mofo

For me from the perspective of a Cain fight it's bitter sweet. I like the fact that DC showed it can easily be done.. I'm not kidding when I say Cain whoops that DC ass in training. So extra confidence for Cain and some doubt in Stipe then again it takes some of the shine away from the big fight, I wanted that fully prime Stipe for maximum effect.

Stipe came back excellent after that JDS fight but that was a close decision and it showed him he can do it at the highest level some changes and he could have taken another round he was right there in the top 3 names on top of the mountain. The Struve loss is weird to me, the poke and slip could have easily provided some internal comfort that shit happens and if they go at it again he can easily come out on top, was very surprise to read all that dark stuff that Stipe was experiencing from the freaking Struve loss of all people. (Struve went of the radar he downgraded while Stipe upgraded a rematch would have had little purpose in the years to come)

KO's are harder to come back then a decision loss or even a tap I would say, you are right who knows what can happen to a chin we all assume and hope he has way more in him then that but look at freaking Francis that dude really took it hard in his confidence and that wasn't even that brutal of a loss. Stipe also was the main event, going for more UFC tittle history with all eyes on him the fall is always harder when you are "the guy", in the Struve situation no one was really paying attention on a large scale at that time.

Last I'm feeling good about it because we saw him after Struve and we saw him after JDS he isn't a quitter it's confirmed by now so all signs point in the right direction and that new baby is just the right motivation he needs. (not to mention many champs said they kinda enjoyed the less eyes on them in a twisted kind of way.. not the paychecks everyone hated that change)

"Easily done" is not how I would've defined that KO. A trap that involved DC having to allow Stipe to get comfortable with his clinch game, baiting Stipe into turning into a punch thrown at a precise moment of transition and punching "as hard as I could" breaking his hand? Not to mention hoping that the Strong Style game plan wouldn't involve avoiding the clinch at all costs, like in their strategy with the Werdum fight. It went off splendidly and without a hitch, which gave it the appearance of ease—but make no mistake, it wasn't a simple thing. Cain doesn't strike me as one for cunning plots, he's more the overwhelmer type. And I don't think he could succeed following DC's example anyway, because like I said the element of surprise is gone.

============

"Freaking" Struve being so, well, freaky, blinds a lot of people (almost as much as that eyepoke...well, you get the picture.) I keep saying: look at the context of the fight, not the name of the opponent.

Picture a guy who had no thought of going into fighting, but because he'd wrestled in college his boss asked him to help out a friend who's training for an upcoming fight. He comes in as a favor, and next thing he knows the gym owner is trying to talk him into starting training himself. He thinks: it's just classes...doesn't mean I'll do anything with it, it'll be just one of the many many athletic pastimes I've dabbled in over the years...

Eventually the sheer persistence and conviction of the coach and his other fighters convince him to pursue a career in the cage. (Not at the expense of his other plans, of course. After his first amateur fight he doesn't train for a year, because he's busy with paramedic schooling.) And he's knocking down people left and right! Whaddya know, maybe those guys were right, I was meant for this...

Belt in the local organization, boom. Signed to the UFC a couple of weeks afterwards. He just keeps winning and winning...a few hitches in the fights maybe, but easily overcome. Now people are buzzing his name about excitedly. And less than a year after his UFC debut, he's going to headline an event! His first overseas card, too! It's enough to make your head swim.

It's also the ideal timing for the MMA Gods to rap a rapidly rising prospect's knuckles and say "uh uh...it ain't gonna be THAT easy."

So Stipe suffered what the guys at Heavy Hands call a "prospect loss," that first stumble that often besets even the most talented of fighters early on while they're still running more on raw potential than polished skills. But you can't expect the prospect himself to have that wry and sage consideration of it. Especially not one who stumbled into the business, urged on by other people's opinions.

So yeah, Stipe took it hard. First loves and first losses both tend to stand out in the mind. But having gone through that then kind of vaccinated him for the experience of now. Francis did have a loss early on in his career, but so early it could too easily be written off as him still getting used to a new game. Instead, his true "prospect loss"" came in a title shot...and that's waaaay too late for comfort.

Ok. Good.

Do you have any pictures?

Hahaha. You want to know the best way to never get pictures from a women? Ask her for pictures as the first thing you say to her without making any effort to actually Converse with and get to know he a little bit first, lol.

Wanna know the best way to get pictures from a women? Be the only guy who actually talks to her and isn't like everyother douchebag that immediately asks for pictures. After a while she will send them without having to ask because she wants to and is as intrigued by your as you are he.

A boss429 public service announcement
The more you know.....

"Easily done" is not how I would've defined that KO. A trap that involved DC having to allow Stipe to get comfortable with his clinch game, baiting Stipe into turning into a punch thrown at a precise moment of transition and punching "as hard as I could" breaking his hand? Not to mention hoping that the Strong Style game plan wouldn't involve avoiding the clinch at all costs, like in their strategy with the Werdum fight. It went off splendidly and without a hitch, which gave it the appearance of ease—but make no mistake, it wasn't a simple thing. Cain doesn't strike me as one for cunning plots, he's more the overwhelmer type. And I don't think he could succeed following DC's example anyway, because like I said the element of surprise is gone.

============

"Freaking" Struve being so, well, freaky, blinds a lot of people (almost as much as that eyepoke...well, you get the picture.) I keep saying: look at the context of the fight, not the name of the opponent.

Picture a guy who had no thought of going into fighting, but because he'd wrestled in college his boss asked him to help out a friend who's training for an upcoming fight. He comes in as a favor, and next thing he knows the gym owner is trying to talk him into starting training himself. He thinks: it's just classes...doesn't mean I'll do anything with it, it'll be just one of the many many athletic pastimes I've dabbled in over the years...

Eventually the sheer persistence and conviction of the coach and his other fighters convince him to pursue a career in the cage. (Not at the expense of his other plans, of course. After his first amateur fight he doesn't train for a year, because he's busy with paramedic schooling.) And he's knocking down people left and right! Whaddya know, maybe those guys were right, I was meant for this...

Belt in the local organization, boom. Signed to the UFC a couple of weeks afterwards. He just keeps winning and winning...a few hitches in the fights maybe, but easily overcome. Now people are buzzing his name about excitedly. And less than a year after his UFC debut, he's going to headline an event! His first overseas card, too! It's enough to make your head swim.

It's also the ideal timing for the MMA Gods to rap a rapidly rising prospect's knuckles and say "uh uh...it ain't gonna be THAT easy."

So Stipe suffered what the guys at Heavy Hands call a "prospect loss," that first stumble that often besets even the most talented of fighters early on while they're still running more on raw potential than polished skills. But you can't expect the prospect himself to have that wry and sage consideration of it. Especially not one who stumbled into the business, urged on by other people's opinions.

So yeah, Stipe took it hard. First loves and first losses both tend to stand out in the mind. But having gone through that then kind of vaccinated him for the experience of now. Francis did have a loss early on in his career, but so early it could too easily be written off as him still getting used to a new game. Instead, his true "prospect loss"" came in a title shot...and that's waaaay too late for comfort.

By easily done I'm saying if DC can get a W then so can Cain not necessary with the same shot or gameplan.. I still think that Cain can overwhelm him with wrestling and striking until a breaking point will happen either a shot or just cardio eventually, I still say in cardio Cain > JDS > Stipe.

I feel with this loss the aura of Stipe walking down guys left and right is gone. He has defensive holes like anyone and if you tag him good he does go down, Reem, DC recently.

I'm pretty sure it solidified DC as the best.

Say what you want about resume and wins in a row and whatever, but there’s no way Cain would have been KO’d by DC like that. He would have been a lot more competitive. Prime Cain > prime Miocic.

You know you've made a good point when you immediately abandon the thread after 95% of the responses destroy your argument.

Didn't past prime Werdum whoop his ass?

Stipe had Werdum flying into the cage face first ala Ricky Hatton flying into the ring post by the left hook of Floyd Mayweather.

Same logic.

Cain doesn't get credit for his buddie's win.

The biggest waste of talent ever. Cain in his prime was something else. He d have smashed Miocic.

By easily done I'm saying if DC can get a W then so can Cain not necessary with the same shot or gameplan.. I still think that Cain can overwhelm him with wrestling and striking until a breaking point will happen either a shot or just cardio eventually, I still say in cardio Cain > JDS > Stipe.

I feel with this loss the aura of Stipe walking down guys left and right is gone. He has defensive holes like anyone and if you tag him good he does go down, Reem, DC recently.

Wait a minute— Stipe had an aura???

Big a fan as I am of the guy, I always said that part of the charm of his reign was a precarious dominance, with his thumping wins nevertheless always seeming to have some sort of question mark about them that provided for lively argument here. And people have been talking about his defensive holes since before he got signed to the UFC, his hands have always strayed low. In fact I've repeatedly argued that it's Stipe's gift for being underestimated that works to his advantage in the cage. His was never the aura that made people fearful to face him; rather, they'd be confident until the blows started falling, and be surprised into panic. And let's not forget: Cain has been badly served by overconfidence before, when he trusted his cardio so much that he ignored the advice to get down to Mexico City well in advance of his fight with Werdum to acclimatize himself...

Back