DC tributes his accomplishments to rivalry with Jon Jones

Imagine having to take storoids to beat a 40 year old 5'7 wrestler

{<jordan}

Lol no fucking shit. He decisively lost the first bout, and then got to leapfrog Bader for the new title only months later. He literally only ever held the LHW title because Jones didn't.

Then Jones returns and Cormier pulls out so Jones wins an interim belt. This asterisks his championship, beyond what it already was as we knew Jon was better.

Then Jones clears him out again, even more decisively. Jones once again fucks things up, so DC gets reinstated because Jones can't be champ.

Then, knowing the two Jones losses weigh heavily against his status, he moves up and wins the HW belt. Kudos to him for this, but we all know he went for it because he was stuck in Jones' shadow at LHW and needed a double champ status Jon didn't have.

And how do we know this? Because when Jones came back again DC dropped his LHW title rather than lose to him a 3rd time, and dropped it rather than be stripped so that officially it would go down that he relinquished the belt rather than Jones once again succeeded him.

His career does exist because of Jones. The problem is, it's silly to call it a rivalry. DC had to do everything he did because he couldn't beat Jones.
Good analysis but DC has a great legacy without Jones. He has fought top contenders at HW and 205 most of his career and amassed an impressive record. DC moving to HW was the right move. He's old and it seems the weight cut is a big struggle for him. Jones may have his number but is a known multiple PED offender. A 3rd match is probably not a good idea at Cormier's age. If it were to happen it should be at HW

I honestly think DC could have beat him if he wasn't pulsing for the fights.

By pulsing I mean injecting steroids into his body.

Lol no fucking shit. He decisively lost the first bout, and then got to leapfrog Bader for the new title only months later. He literally only ever held the LHW title because Jones didn't.

Then Jones returns and Cormier pulls out so Jones wins an interim belt. This asterisks his championship, beyond what it already was as we knew Jon was better.

Then Jones clears him out again, even more decisively. Jones once again fucks things up, so DC gets reinstated because Jones can't be champ.

Then, knowing the two Jones losses weigh heavily against his status, he moves up and wins the HW belt. Kudos to him for this, but we all know he went for it because he was stuck in Jones' shadow at LHW and needed a double champ status Jon didn't have.

And how do we know this? Because when Jones came back again DC dropped his LHW title rather than lose to him a 3rd time, and dropped it rather than be stripped so that officially it would go down that he relinquished the belt rather than Jones once again succeeded him.

His career does exist because of Jones. The problem is, it's silly to call it a rivalry. DC had to do everything he did because he couldn't beat Jones.

I like how you mention Cormier pulling out of their second fight, but gloss over jones being pulled from it when it was rescheduled...due to steroids.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...hments-to-the-rivalry-with-jon-jones-ufc/amp/

“I think about the Jones portion of my career spanned about three years 15′ 17′ I think was the second time we fought. So it was only two years but it so defines everything that I have done, because we have such a big rivalry and I appreciate the competitiveness of it. I appreciate the fact that he made me prepare better than I ever prepare for anyone else. I feel like those fights brought the best out of me. This is my mind. It’s like do I really want to undertake that again. All that bad blood that is attached to that rivalry. He won the fights. The only good thing that came out of that fight is I prepared best than I have ever prepared. It gave me something really big to chase down. We made a lot of money.”

”All that bad blood that is attached to that rivalry. He won the fights.”

Used the word "rivalry" three times. I feel like most 2-0 series, with 1 finish and a 6-2 round count aren't considered "rivalries".

Used the word "rivalry" three times. I feel like most 2-0 series, with 1 finish and a 6-2 round count aren't considered "rivalries".
Usually the guy that's your rival doesn't use steroids to cheat his way to a win

How many pieces?

WarmheartedYearlyHerald-size_restricted.gif

what a nice attribute to KFC :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...hments-to-the-rivalry-with-jon-jones-ufc/amp/

“I think about the Jones portion of my career spanned about three years 15′ 17′ I think was the second time we fought. So it was only two years but it so defines everything that I have done, because we have such a big rivalry and I appreciate the competitiveness of it. I appreciate the fact that he made me prepare better than I ever prepare for anyone else. I feel like those fights brought the best out of me. This is my mind. It’s like do I really want to undertake that again. All that bad blood that is attached to that rivalry. He won the fights. The only good thing that came out of that fight is I prepared best than I have ever prepared. It gave me something really big to chase down. We made a lot of money.”

jones was so full of juice for the first fight he had no natural testosterone in his body. then for the second, well usada was around and they caught him. Jones won the fights but lost integrity and any legacy.

Jon is a cheater and is afraid of fighting at HW.

Maybe trying to set up a trilogy in case Stipe is out for too long?

I like DC and if it werent for Jones I think he could have gone on to be undisputed HW GOAT.

DC never broke a sweat or lost a round at HW.

Leaving HW because of his perpetually injured homie was a colossal career blunder.

Just a foolish move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back