DC tributes his accomplishments to rivalry with Jon Jones

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...hments-to-the-rivalry-with-jon-jones-ufc/amp/

“I think about the Jones portion of my career spanned about three years 15′ 17′ I think was the second time we fought. So it was only two years but it so defines everything that I have done, because we have such a big rivalry and I appreciate the competitiveness of it. I appreciate the fact that he made me prepare better than I ever prepare for anyone else. I feel like those fights brought the best out of me. This is my mind. It’s like do I really want to undertake that again. All that bad blood that is attached to that rivalry. He won the fights. The only good thing that came out of that fight is I prepared best than I have ever prepared. It gave me something really big to chase down. We made a lot of money.”

”All that bad blood that is attached to that rivalry. He won the fights.”

Must be the first time in sport that a great rivals makes an athlete work harder.....

DC seems at peace with himself.
Good to see.

Last edited:
Would DC have admitted that, where he himself clean?

He forgot to tribute Jon Jones for eyepokes

DC seems at piece with himself.
Good to see.

How many pieces?

WarmheartedYearlyHerald-size_restricted.gif

A great example of how devoted Christian casts God's blessing on other!

Jon Jones is the GOAT. DC is the 2nd GOAT. DC will beat Stipe in the rematch. He got cocky and did not used his wrestling. Then we get DC vs Jon 3 in heavyweight. That is why DC is getting a rematch aginst Stipe. The UFC wants that fight.

He's probably right but I feel like its another free pass for Jones to call him a pussy
<JonesLaugh>

I don't know if DC were clean in his fights with Jon. Pretty decent chance he wasn't, but we don't know. We KNOW Jon wasn't, however.

*IF* DC were clean in his fights against a clearly roided Jones, then I would hold about as much weight to results of the Jon fights as I do with the results of Margarito vs Cotto 1

Hardly a rivarlry he got dominated by the man twice lol

Not even close to being Jones toughest opponent

Would DC have admitted that, where he himself clean?

It would not matter.

Its either sour grapes or take the high road.

Crying about jonny picogramming does not make you look good at the end of your career

Lol no fucking shit. He decisively lost the first bout, and then got to leapfrog Bader for the new title only months later. He literally only ever held the LHW title because Jones didn't.

Then Jones returns and Cormier pulls out so Jones wins an interim belt. This asterisks his championship, beyond what it already was as we knew Jon was better.

Then Jones clears him out again, even more decisively. Jones once again fucks things up, so DC gets reinstated because Jones can't be champ.

Then, knowing the two Jones losses weigh heavily against his status, he moves up and wins the HW belt. Kudos to him for this, but we all know he went for it because he was stuck in Jones' shadow at LHW and needed a double champ status Jon didn't have.

And how do we know this? Because when Jones came back again DC dropped his LHW title rather than lose to him a 3rd time, and dropped it rather than be stripped so that officially it would go down that he relinquished the belt rather than Jones once again succeeded him.

His career does exist because of Jones. The problem is, it's silly to call it a rivalry. DC had to do everything he did because he couldn't beat Jones.

Back