DC Stipe Lesnar Lewis

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score

Cliffs:

- Before DC vs Stipe 1, both fighters were told that UFC will try to set up the winner vs Lesnar as their next fight, I.e. if Stipe had won, he was to wait for the Lesnar fight just like DC did

- DC fought Lewis in between because UFC asked him to on short notice. The notice was too short for DC to say "no lets do a Stipe rematch on the same card!" because Stipe is a tougher opponent who DC would want more time to train for.

- Therefore DC never delayed giving Stipe a rematch, as soon as the Lesnar fight fell through he was willing.

- UFC wants to make the trilogy, it Stipe doesnt accept it he'll effectively be turning down a fight offer, something DC has Never done.

Lesnar screwed DC, hopefully DC can get revenge in WWE once he retires from The UFC/MMA

I think Stipe will take the trilogy fight. Him and his camp are just playing fuck-fuck games right now, which -- while understandable -- is something I'd rather be over and done with for the sake of the division as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Adds to the subject at hand, but didn't feel it was worthy of a new thread: https://www.mmanews.com/curtis-blay...-miocic-i-dont-have-time-to-wait-for-old-men/

“The heavyweight division after you get past Derrick Lewis is pretty hazy,” Curtis Blaydes said. “That all rests on Stipe’s decisions. I know he’s got the injury. I know he’s gonna be out for a little while but it would be nice if he made a decision. At least give us some sort of timeline, like a plan. If he wants ‘DC’ that’s fine. I have no problem waiting if he wants ‘DC.'”

“I’m not gonna lie it’s a bit annoying and frustrating,” Curtis Blaydes continued. “I have a lot of respect for Stipe, we have trained together previously but I didn’t envision him being the type of champion to create a logjam like this. It feels like he’s just soaking up the spotlight, which is well within his right but in order to be the champion, the champion has to fight. He has to defend the belt, he has to continue to prove that he’s the champion. It’ll be a year before he steps back in the Octagon and to me that’s too long. I think if it gets to like June or July and he still hasn’t made a decision, I’m gonna start calling for defend or vacate. No disrespect to him, I think he’s an amazing fighter, a really good dude but this is my prime. I don’t have time to wait for old men to soak up the limelight. You need to get out of the way and make room for the new blood.”

Stipe is my favorite fighter of all time... but I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with Curtis here. If Stipe's medically cleared to fight, he should fight. Or at least make some noise rather than playing games. Really mature outlook by Blaydes too; this along with his recent win raises his stock in my eyes.

Adds to the subject at hand, but didn't feel it was worthy of a new thread: https://www.mmanews.com/curtis-blay...-miocic-i-dont-have-time-to-wait-for-old-men/

Stipe is my favorite fighter of all time... but I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with Curtis here. If Stipe's medically cleared to fight, he should fight. Or at least make some noise rather than playing games. Really mature outlook by Blaydes too; this along with his recent win raises his stock in my eyes.

he's right, but the logjam doesn't really affect him directly. Ngannou has the spot on lock, at least from Curtis specifically. he lost twice to him decisively, he has to really destroy the division in order to warrant a title shot before Ngannou gets one.

besides they'll either just strip Stipe or create their favorite title, the interim.

he's right, but the logjam doesn't really affect him directly. Ngannou has the spot on lock, at least from Curtis specifically. he lost twice to him decisively, he has to really destroy the division in order to warrant a title shot before Ngannou gets one.

besides they'll either just strip Stipe or create their favorite title, the interim.

I agree. It would be hard to justify a title shot for Blaydes over Francis. Maybe if Rozen really puts a beating on Franky. In that case I could see Curtis jumping the line since Rozen is a relative newcomer.

Regardless, his comment about jamming up the new blood relates to Ngannou just as much as it does him... though I doubt he had that in mind when he said it lmao

DC fought Lewis in between because UFC asked him to on short notice. The notice was too short for DC to say "no lets do a Stipe rematch on the same card!" because Stipe is a tougher opponent who DC would want more time to train for
Ok, well there you have it. Now go sit on the sideline somewhere, duck, while stipe gets his free, easy, highly-paid defense.

what a joke. Go away

Stipe's been medically cleared, yes, but because of his injury he hasn't been training for five months...and he's used to training year-round. So it's going to take a little time for him to get back up to speed. And while he's ramping up he'll need to be on the watch for any symptoms of the injury recurring. Not until when/if he's back to form without further eye problems can a fight contract be signed.

Now I understand that people, especially contenders like Blaydes, are frustrated with Stipe not giving definite answers and plans. But I don't think he's "playing games." Rather my impression is that as long as there remain question marks about his condition, he feels he can't make promises. And for as long as he's unable to make promises, he's free to all possibilities. But in the end (DV) I fully expect him to fight whatever challenger the UFC matchmakers designate...as he always has before.

Stipe's been medically cleared, yes, but because of his injury he hasn't been training for five months...and he's used to training year-round. So it's going to take a little time for him to get back up to speed. And while he's ramping up he'll need to be on the watch for any symptoms of the injury recurring. Not until when/if he's back to form without further eye problems can a fight contract be signed.

Now I understand that people, especially contenders like Blaydes, are frustrated with Stipe not giving definite answers and plans. But I don't think he's "playing games." Rather my impression is that as long as there remain question marks about his condition, he feels he can't make promises. And for as long as he's unable to make promises, he's free to all possibilities. But in the end (DV) I fully expect him to fight whatever challenger the UFC matchmakers designate...as he always has before.

Of course he should have a reasonable amount of time for a training camp as he always does; the UFC has accommodated champs before and his injury was a serious one. I figured that went without saying.

I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing it in this case as much as it pains me to say it. Maybe he's just bad about making his intentions known, but none of what him or his camp has released comes across as him just trying to do the right thing for the division and not get their hopes up IRT his injury. He's been all over the place the last few days and one can forgive other HWs and fans for misconstruing some of the messages that have come out of his camp.

- DC fought Lewis in between because UFC asked him to on short notice. The notice was too short for DC to say "no lets do a Stipe rematch on the same card!" because Stipe is a tougher opponent who DC would want more time to train for.

He wasnt required to fight Lewis, he was offered it. He chose to take the fight when he could have been prepping for Stipe. By that point, it was pretty clear Brock wasnt going to be an option. Brock wasnt in the testing pool and the exemption he got before made sure he would never get another. This means a minimum of 6 months of testing before he could even sign for a fight.

Given that DC is the reason he had to have surgery with illegal eye pokes, and that DC hasnt even come out and apologize for him needing the surgery, who can blame him for making DC wait?

I still say the best thing Stipe could do is retire. He doesnt risk his health any more and we get to see if DC wants to be champ badly enough to fight Ngannou for it or if he chooses to just retire.

Ok, well there you have it. Now go sit on the sideline somewhere, duck, while stipe gets his free, easy, highly-paid defense.

what a joke. Go away
Stipe is a chinny coward that got knocked the fuck out by pillowfist Stefan Struve

He'll continue to duck rematches against DC and Ngannou because he knows both "wins" were flukes

The true GOAT Fedor gave Nog a rematch even though he already beat his ass easily the first time, and proved it wasn't a fluke.

Stipe is a chinny coward that got knocked the fuck out by pillowfist Stefan Struve

He'll continue to duck rematches against DC and Ngannou because he knows both "wins" were flukes

The true GOAT Fedor gave Nog a rematch even though he already beat his ass easily the first time, and proved it wasn't a fluke.

What the fuck is this? Struve is by no means pillow-fisted and he didn't KTFO Stipe. He clipped him then piled on shots until the ref called the fight while Stipe was covered up retreating. Shit happens, but it was eight years ago and early in Stipe's UFC career. Stipe could avenge the loss with ease if the opportunity presented itself, but unlike Struve he actually climbed the Heavyweight rankings. Stipe has proven to have a pretty solid chin ever since; easily one of the best in the division.

The win over DC was not a fluke. He adjusted and DC didn't, simple as that. And how the fuck you call a fight where Stipe 50-44s a guy with multiple 10-8 rounds a "fluke" is beyond me.

I'm sure he'll take either fight soon enough, when he's done healing and training up.

He wasnt required to fight Lewis, he was offered it. He chose to take the fight when he could have been prepping for Stipe. By that point, it was pretty clear Brock wasnt going to be an option. Brock wasnt in the testing pool and the exemption he got before made sure he would never get another. This means a minimum of 6 months of testing before he could even sign for a fight.

Given that DC is the reason he had to have surgery with illegal eye pokes, and that DC hasnt even come out and apologize for him needing the surgery, who can blame him for making DC wait?

I still say the best thing Stipe could do is retire. He doesnt risk his health any more and we get to see if DC wants to be champ badly enough to fight Ngannou for it or if he chooses to just retire.

When UFC offered DC the Lewis fight in order to make a main event, it wouldnt have went over well if he refused it. He cant be blamed for that.

If Stipe retired I dont think DC would care to fight Ngannou or whoever. He's already old and past his prime. He's not fighting for the belt so much because he already had it, he just wants the chance to settle the tie with Stipe.

When UFC offered DC the Lewis fight in order to make a main event, it wouldnt have went over well if he refused it. He cant be blamed for that.

If Stipe retired I dont think DC would care to fight Ngannou or whoever. He's already old and past his prime. He's not fighting for the belt so much because he already had it, he just wants the chance to settle the tie with Stipe.

Wouldnt have went well? DC held the belt at the time, was a commentator for them, and had been on great terms with them since he came over to the UFC. They would have done nothing but move to the next guy. Jones turned down a short notice fight and the UFC has helped cover for him and use him as one of their biggest draws that fights regularly. Plus, the worst case scenario for DC was to just retire if there were any bad feelings. He was prepping to do just that anyway.

Back