DC Stipe Lesnar Lewis

Wouldnt have went well? DC held the belt at the time, was a commentator for them, and had been on great terms with them since he came over to the UFC. They would have done nothing but move to the next guy. Jones turned down a short notice fight and the UFC has helped cover for him and use him as one of their biggest draws that fights regularly. Plus, the worst case scenario for DC was to just retire if there were any bad feelings. He was prepping to do just that anyway.

Like Javier said, DC has NEVER turned down a fight. Its just not in him to do so. Therefore when UFC asked him to fill in against Lewis, he didnt deny. Cant hold that against him.

Of course he should have a reasonable amount of time for a training camp as he always does; the UFC has accommodated champs before and his injury was a serious one. I figured that went without saying.

I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing it in this case as much as it pains me to say it. Maybe he's just bad about making his intentions known, but none of what him or his camp has released comes across as him just trying to do the right thing for the division and not get their hopes up IRT his injury. He's been all over the place the last few days and one can forgive other HWs and fans for misconstruing some of the messages that have come out of his camp.

Well he's still saying things like "Whoever they want me to fight, honestly. I don’t really care" which is what he's always said. It's true that he's admitted he's more interested in fighting Fury than DC, and his manager has talked about "wants" and "hopes" of fighting someone new. But people are reading far too much meaning into that. We're so used to champions trying to pick their fights that we automatically assume a champ's personal preference = who they insist on fighting next. But Stipe has always made a point of saying he isn't the matchmaker, of leaving it up to the UFC to name the challenger. I think with him, expressing a personal preference is just that: personal, and doesn't impinge on professional responsibility.

Adds to the subject at hand, but didn't feel it was worthy of a new thread: https://www.mmanews.com/curtis-blay...-miocic-i-dont-have-time-to-wait-for-old-men/

Stipe is my favorite fighter of all time... but I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with Curtis here. If Stipe's medically cleared to fight, he should fight. Or at least make some noise rather than playing games. Really mature outlook by Blaydes too; this along with his recent win raises his stock in my eyes.

i agree

He is lying about Lewis and probably about declining a fight. And I miss him talking about the eye surgeries his fighter did do on Stipe all of a sudden... THIS he doesn't talk, huh? After all, almost retired a fighter because of that, this matter definitely can't be skipped.

Cormier doesn't deserve shit. Stipe is the one who deserves to have his eyes healthy. War Stipe!

Stipe is a chinny coward that got knocked the fuck out by pillowfist Stefan Struve

He'll continue to duck rematches against DC and Ngannou because he knows both "wins" were flukes

The true GOAT Fedor gave Nog a rematch even though he already beat his ass easily the first time, and proved it wasn't a fluke.
<YeahOKJen>

Cliffs:

- Before DC vs Stipe 1, both fighters were told that UFC will try to set up the winner vs Lesnar as their next fight, I.e. if Stipe had won, he was to wait for the Lesnar fight just like DC did

- DC fought Lewis in between because UFC asked him to on short notice. The notice was too short for DC to say "no lets do a Stipe rematch on the same card!" because Stipe is a tougher opponent who DC would want more time to train for.

- Therefore DC never delayed giving Stipe a rematch, as soon as the Lesnar fight fell through he was willing.

- UFC wants to make the trilogy, it Stipe doesnt accept it he'll effectively be turning down a fight offer, something DC has Never done.

DC should fight winner of Francis /Rozenstruik

Lesner just talk shit never want fight I thinking he maybe coming back but no fuck this guy

Back