• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC outclassed Stipe. But gassed.

He gassed because Stipe worked the body. Out classed? If you are getting tagged over and over again and have no answer....you aint out classing anyone.

Stipe was returning from a brutal KO. Had no confidence booster come back fights so he came in very hesitant. Once he started feeling himself, he put on a boxing clinic and DC had no answer for it.

I bet Stipe and was sure he was going to get cracked again. He never gave up though.

Lol I don’t post in the heavies, but man, I’m really happy about stipe!!

LDN-L-UFC241-44-0818-2.jpg
Stipe looking like damn, thank god he finally gassed so I can finally have a chance to win, FUCKING LOL.

Oh and ain't you the butthurt tard that posted a picture of Jones getting hit by Gus saying Gus won the first fight? You mean the fight where Gus ran most of the fight like a scared bitch? The fight where Jones rocked Gus and nearly finished Gus? The fight where Jones beat Gus while fighting handicapped with a broken toe? You know the toe Jones broke off in the Chael fight only a few months before the Gus fight. A handicapped Jones still beat a 100% overrated Gus at his own game.

And of course lets not forget how Jones totally destroyed your hero Gus just a couple of months ago easily and effortlessly, TKO'ed Gus had him curled up like a lil bitch, LOL.

You salty Gus and Stipe fans are fucking hilarious, owell, stay mad LMAO, HAHAHAHA.

You don’t think a thousand ripping hooks to the body has anything to do with gassing? This post in braindead lame.

DC did have a stronger showing untill the KO, but other than the first round it was competitive up untill the ending, there's no need to shit on Stipe's performance just because he was down one round. Going into the fourth I had them 2-1 DC and I thought he'd win another round for sure. Stipe made sure he didn't.

Stipe got dominated the entire fight until DC gassed. Therefore Stipe barely won.

If DC didn't gas, we know how that fight would have went.
Sucks for DC that the fight wasn’t a 3 round.

Stipe looking like damn, thank god he finally gassed so I can finally have a chance to win, FUCKING LOL.

Oh and ain't you the butthurt tard that posted a picture of Jones getting hit by Gus saying Gus won the first fight? You mean the fight where Gus ran most of the fight like a scared bitch? The fight where Jones rocked Gus and nearly finished Gus? The fight where Jones beat Gus while fighting handicapped with a broken toe? You know the toe Jones broke off in the Chael fight only a few months before the Gus fight. A handicapped Jones still beat a 100% overrated Gus at his own game.

And of course lets not forget how Jones totally destroyed your hero Gus just a couple of months ago easily and effortlessly, TKO'ed Gus had him curled up like a lil bitch, LOL.

You salty Gus and Stipe fans are fucking hilarious, owell, stay mad LMAO, HAHAHAHA.
jonesgus_crop_exact.jpg

I ain’t mad. Jones still lost that fight. Jones will be like Barry bonds in the end. Nobody cares when you’re a cheater.

jonesgus_crop_exact.jpg

I ain’t mad. Jones still lost that fight. Jones will be like Barry bonds in the end. Nobody cares when you’re a cheater.
Keep living in your imaginary world wishing Gus won, we all know who hand was raised, Jones. We all know a salty Gus fan like you will always be butthurt at the truth.

Save the played out lame ass cheating bs. You know since skill don't come in some magic pill.

It sucks to be a delusional Gus fan don't it?

Sucks for DC that the fight wasn’t a 3 round.
Not really, we know Stipe can't win unless DC gasses himself.

You Stipe fans are too impressed with nothing, LOL.

Solid and balanced post. Love this part at the conclusion.

I give DC shit (even though I've been a huge fan of him as a fighter since I saw him in SF on like, a Woodley undercard at the time I think) but he's an amazing fighter. There is no doubt about that. I think he's rubbed me the wrong way since the Jones' fights. n with the recent nonsense he has been spewing about being the best of all time if he beats Stipe etcetc.

Just save that shit for us to talk about or the analysts or the media guys. Don't hail yourself the best ever. There's 0 fighters who have been in those talks that have said something like that about themselves. GSP says Fedor is the best. Fedor never once said he was the best. Hell, even JON fucking Jones does not say that. He doesn't even say he wants to be the best ever, just the most dominant ever.

Aldo, Anderson, even freakin Mighty Mouse, all of those guys actually won the belts and RULED over their divisions. DC has never even done that.

HAHA. Everyone is saying Stipe was finding his rhythm at the end

Of course he was, DC was gassed and he wasn't even contesting ANY of those predictable body shots he was throwing. If you want to give Stipe credit, give his gas tank credit, because that is what ultimately won him this fight just like it ultimately allowed him to weather Ngannou and beat him as well.

The eye poke was definitely dirty and there is no excuse for that or coming into the fight that overweight and out of shape but skill wise, I have to give it to DC over Stipe. I truly believe if DC had a better gas tank, he would of pulled off a UD possibly a TKO

So why are people saying me comparing old, chubby, HW DC to prime Conor is off-base? @orca.

live thread before the fight. If I knew he had no gas before the fight, it means he had no gas during the fight. No surprises here, I'm the Rasputin of this bitch, just go with it.
Lol he used alot of his energy trying to take stipe down .and stipe hurt him with body punches that maked him gassed and finaly geting ktfo

When both fighters are fresh, it's pretty obvious who has more skills. However, fight IQ and stamina is what helped Stipe win the fight. DC's corner was urging him to repeat the things he did in round 1, but DC felt that he could eat Stipe's shots and outland him. Great adjustment by Stipe to target the body and completely deplete any gas Cormier still had in the tank, setting him up for the finish. I don't like Stipe as a fighter, but he showed great heart and perseverance to take this one home.

Difference was DC did the same thing for 4 rounds... hands down zombie like attack.

Stipe got wise and mixed it up, stated using his range and also body shots.

A true champion has more than a walk forward throwing jabs game.

So DC is the better athlete but Stipe is the better fighter. I was rooting for DC and he looked like a monster in round 1 but I am very happy for Stipe to take home that belt especially after how the UFC treated him.

All credit to Stipe. It was one of the most impressive victories I’ve ever seen. He ate so many punches and was getting the shit beat out of him. And he came back and found a way to win.

BUT. DC completely outclassed him for 3 rounds. It was shocking. DC gassed out. And that’s why he lost. I don’t think DC is getting the credit he deserves for performing the way he did.

I think those body shots were a major reason he gassed out. If you follow his career you will know that he is always susceptible to getting hit on the right side of his torso, Anderson Silva had great success, JJ, and now Stipe. I think it must be something to do with how he stands, his short reach, and his wide torso, whatever is the reason, he gets hit there a lot.

Maybe he should have came into the fight without his belly hanging over his shorts? I don’t know how many calories you have to consume daily to look like that as a professional fighter but it has to be a lot.

Poor excuse for a loss imo.
He was nearly 10 pounds less than what he was when he KO’d Stipe last year. 236 is not that heavy for DC in terms of his past weights at HW. He was over 250 for Lewis.

I thought DC was having trouble compensating for the reach and height difference. He threw very hard, and was landing more early, but he also was wasting a lot of energy as a result. Stipe was managing his energy better and that paid off as a result.
DC outlanded and outstruck Stipe for most of the fight. It appeared Stipe was having trouble avoiding DC’s shots. DC didn’t seem to have much trouble finding Stipe.

Back