DC is such a better wrestler right? LOL

Jones should try out for the Olympic Wrestling Team. I bet he finishes better than 4th.

DC would make Jones look stupid in a straight wrestling match. There is no cage in the Olympic wrestling matches and that's where Jones got him, after DC gassed.

Pretty foolish of him to confuse an Olympic wrestling mat with an mma cage, don't ya think? Piss and moan about the circumstances all you want but it is irrelevant in a mma fight. Cormier may make Jones look stupid in a game of monopoly too but it doesn't have any bearing on the fact that Jones beat Cormier handily while also getting the better of the wrestling aspect.

DC would make Jones look stupid in a straight wrestling match. There is no cage in the Olympic wrestling matches and that's where Jones got him, after DC gassed.

Guess we'll have to take your word for it.

In the meantime:

062414-UFC-evolution-of-the-ufc-gallery-ahn-G12.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

MMA wrestling is a little different.

It didn't stop the majority of MMA fans from running around claiming that Jones was going to tossed around like DC did to Henderson.

Where's all the punk ass DC "fans" now. Fantastic. Y'all gonna have to find your savior somewhere else. Why hate? Enjoy watching one of the greatest there is in their prime.

I guess Tim Kennedy is a better BJJ fighter than Roger Gracie now too?

It didn't stop the majority of MMA fans from running around claiming that Jones was going to tossed around like DC did to Henderson.

Opinions are allowed, right?

Didn't Jones once say "where was your wrestling?" Funny how it held true in the actual fight.

Olympics are a joke. MMA is a fight, not a dumb wrestling match. All those wrestler hopefully quit their new mma gyms after seeing their hero DC get ragdolled by a highschool 3rd placer.

Heheheheee... seriously how old are you? Now, for real. Just say it. Yeah, really.

LOL. Jones out wrestled him...its freaking hilarious.

It only took Sherdog 20 minutes until some dirty, fatass neckbeard who's never trained in his life thinks that Wrestling = Wrestling in MMA, with a flock of other nuthugging neckbeards to follow him.

Tripping is not wrestling. I would bet my nut sack DC wins wrestling rules. Furthermore, throwing Jon Jones practically over the cage must count for something. Jones did prove to me tonight that he probably would have won the NCAA title if he took that route.

It was pretty close as far as wrestling goes, but Cormier gassed badly and thus Jones won.

I think we all knew that Jones was the better MMA wrestler deep down. Many of us tried desperately to convince ourselves otherwise, and succeeded because Jones annoys the fuck out of us so bad, but I think ultimately it was always known that DC's MMA wrestling was not really on the level that was needed. So yes, DC was in a sense overrated; all of Jone's opponents sans Gus have been overrated to a degree based on our burning dislike, and hatred for many, of Jones.

I'm just pissed because once again, one of Jones' opponents seemed to find something that worked and then just refused to continue with that. those uppercuts in the clinch seemed to be doing legit damage to Jones that we really don't often see in these fights. Of course, the hardcore gassing in the last two rounds may have had something to do with it as well.

Back