DC is such a better wrestler right? LOL

I thought DC was gonna take Jones down 100 times if he wanted to. Besides, didn't he ragdoll heavyweights?

Oh so now his 'straight wrestling' is better.. who gives a flying fuck. When you say 'wrestling' and you're talking about MMA, I think of MMA wrestling. How the fuck would straight wrestling matter?

It's the only thing haters can cling to at this point. It's pathetic really.

Jones fans acting like he dominated the grappling are delusional. He didnt.

I thought DC would wrestle Jones a lot more early. He went for one shot and Jones immediately went for the guillotine choke. However to claim this fight proved Jones could out wrestle DC is silly. Jones got a few takedowns when DC was completely gassed. He didn't out wrestle DC he won the battle of attrition

It only took Sherdog 20 minutes until some dirty, fatass neckbeard who's never trained in his life thinks that Wrestling = Wrestling in MMA, with a flock of other nuthugging neckbeards to follow him.

Like I wrote earlier, this sentiment is funny considering the fact that most of the people who were picking Cormier over Jones cited his Olympic credentials as the reason that Jones wouldn't have anything for him in the grappling department. If you're really this angry about "neckbeards who don't know the difference between MMA wrestling and 'straight wrestling,'" where the fuck was your righteous indignation during the entire lead up to this fight?

The people who claimed that Jones would get worked in MMA wrestling are now claiming that he'd lose in wrestling when you don't have any clue about that either.

There's nothing to say that Jones wouldn't have been as accomplished in amateur wrestling as DC was if he hadn't quit school to start fighting. He was a JUCO national champ (just like DC and Cain were before they transferred to D1 schoo;s) who beat future D1 national champ Max Askren (Ben's brother) in a tourney, and he had a scholarship offer from Cael Sanderson to wrestle at ISU.

Dc did pick up Jones and slam him...

It only took Sherdog 20 minutes until some dirty, fatass neckbeard who's never trained in his life thinks that Wrestling = Wrestling in MMA, with a flock of other nuthugging neckbeards to follow him.

Epic

Taking someone down off a grabbed kick is not outwrestling so I can understand why he didn't count that.
Cormier's takedown was actually the only real wrestling takedown as Jones' were aided by the cage.

Hahahahaha wow

So are you telling me cormier outwrestled jones. Jones stuffed his takedown attempts time and time again.

Back