DC height compared to Pat Barry

Hez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just wanted to clear some things up that the myth of Pat Barry's height is why he gets dominated in HW which is simply not true. I think people don't want to believe he isn't as good as he actually is. They say he is fighting behemoths yet DC owned the division like nothing. Why make one exception and excuses for one fighter when another at the same height is doing the exact oposite and dominated the divsion. I know DC now is at LHW but let's not forget he would have had no problem being top 3 in hw if not top 2. I think the way cain dominated JDS that DC would be able to do the exact same thing. Making him easy #1 contenter. What say you sherdog? Can we stop making excuses for MR. Barry or what?

Both are listed at 5'11

So basically, you're saying that DC is a better fighter than Barry.

LOL, totally threadworthy, man. Props. I'm sure there're a lot of people that will come and try to disagree with you.

One is also a physical freak with wrestling unmatched by most MMA fighters and the other is a kick boxer.. You always hear Rogan mention how well wrestlers translate into MMA but kick boxers aren't that highly regarded in that sense. You're right, Barry is just shit..

DC is a better fighter than Pat Barry. He has a higher fight I.Q and he's a better wrestler than Pat is a Kickboxer.

Barry is getting KOed by unknown Kickboxer's now. He was a decent fighter in the UFC when he first came on the scene when there were guys like the mexicutioner to fight, but nowadays the ufc has a better heavyweight division in which a good leg kick won't win you too many fights. Seemed like a fan friendly guy, just didn't have what it takes unfortunately.

I just wanted to clear some things up that the myth of Pat Barry's height is why he gets dominated in HW which is simply not true. I think people don't want to believe he isn't as good as he actually is. They say he is fighting behemoths yet DC owned the division like nothing. Why make one exception and excuses for one fighter when another at the same height is doing the exact oposite and dominated the divsion. I know DC now is at LHW but let's not forget he would have had no problem being top 3 in hw if not top 2. I think the way cain dominated JDS that DC would be able to do the exact same thing. Making him easy #1 contenter. What say you sherdog? Can we stop making excuses for MR. Barry or what?

Both are listed at 5'11

He has a 8-7 MMA Record at Heavyweight, including 5-7 in the UFC. I don't call that getting dominated, regardless of height.

Why do you use only cormier as an example? Hunt is even shorter. Nelson is 1 inch taller. Cain, only 2 inches. It's clear Barry was never really that good, but he made for some exciting fights

considering one is a kick boxer and one is a wrestler not really a good comparison... wrestlers that are strong and stocky are usually better than tall lanky wrestlers... but a kick boxer that is short is at a disadvantage than a tall kick boxer (generally speaking)

DC is a better fighter than Pat Barry. He has a higher fight I.Q and he's a better wrestler than Pat is a Kickboxer.

a kickboxer who didn't like have to train for the wrestling/grappling aspects of mma, and a kickboxer who gets KTFO all the time.

Back