DC demonstrates how he'll try to deal with Jones standing

Stand up arm punches? Thats a first.

I cant believe this guy will try to punch jones in the arm. Lol

Cormier is a smart competitor, that won't be a primary tactic I wouldn't think.

Stand up arm punches? Thats a first.

I cant believe this guy will try to punch jones in the arm. Lol

are you crazy?
Many fighters do this.

Fedor is prime example. He'd punch the arm down and then the (now unprotected) face.

On the backfoot he doesn't a whole lot.

he doesn't punch when he's on the backfoot, he does something worse
jon-jones-glover-teixeira-5.jpg

Surprised DC is so open to discussing his gameplan publicly. Jon & his team probably saw this and are preparing for it.

Surprised DC is so open to discussing his gameplan publicly. Jon & his team probably saw this and are preparing for it.

There is a good chance this is part of the strategy. Let Jones rely less on this to control range and DC gets a break. I am sure this is not a new idea.

I hope DC straight punches his fingers and breaks or painfully jams them.

I'd like to see him punch Jones in the arm. Interested to see if that works.

This. I'm really curious to see if he can land it and will that hurt Jones arm in anyway.

Damn, just few more hours. Can't wait!!!!

at 1:30 "he does a great job of gouging your face"

DC is spot on in the video and gives a EXTREMELY simplified version what he is going to try to do to get inside and establish clinch fighting. He is going to have to move both his head and his waist and continuously weave between Jon's Center line enticing him to throw, and counter look to counter the probing hand, the jab, and the straight right.

This is the most brillant trollage of another figther I've ever seen. The guy shows a fake game plan to mess with his opponent's head and bringing confusion into his mind.

BTW why is Cormier wearing shoes while Melendez and Rockhold are shoeless :icon_conf

Pretty simple stuff there

RIGHT! they just showed him as 5'11 in the beggining of the video and then BAM he is standing next to gilbert who is supposed to be 5'9 tops. lol idk why fighters lie about height, im only 5'9 and have met mike tyson in person and he was only maybe an inch taller then me. Height dosent deter people form being a bad ass lmao

Not to metion DC is wearing shoes and Gil isn't.

Why is he revealing this stuff?

It's small but Jones will adjust. Probably will bend his arms more than usual

Back