DC actually did pretty good all in all

4-1 is dominated.....Not full out domination like GSP has done to so many...but still dominate.

I mean, if the only valid measure of what occurred in the fight is what the scorecards looked like, sure. Rather simplistic way of viewing a fight, though.

I'm not commenting on the overall fight...I was commenting on the score cards of the fight. 4-1 is a convincing win....fuk you guys, I'll use any word I want to.

I gave rounds 2 and 3 to Cormier. Round 1 is debatable, Jones was losing going into the championship rounds he had to resort to stalling Cormier on the Cage in rounds 4 and 5, because he was getting beaten to a pulp by Cormier's dirty boxing. It was a close fight no domination the so called "short, fat pudgy" guy by so many sherdoggers gave Jones a hell of a fight. Cormier gassing, plus Jones wall n stall was what changed the outcome of the fight.

He didn't do terribly, but he did get outclassed. No doubt about that. There was no part where he was able to employ his game plan. Jones won the stand up. Jones won the clinch. Jones even got the take downs. Cormier did better than most, but Jones still out classed him.

He actually did a marvelous job. A small man like him actually landed more than the other bigger guys.

I mean, if the only valid measure of what occurred in the fight is what the scorecards looked like, sure. Rather simplistic way of viewing a fight, though.

I have to agree.

There was nothing approaching domination in this fight. It was a grueling contest and both guys had moments.

Scoring often does a poor job of reflecting how close or not close some of those rounds can be. 10-9's cover far too broad of a differential in performance.

Probably the only element that seemed dominating and only because it was against a 2x Olympian with 100% TDD was Jones getting DC to the floor three times while only being taken down once (twice depending on whether you count the first one) was very impressive.

Back