Yan Barthelemy 117.5 vs. Jose Garcia Bernal 117.8
Bowie Tupou 260.25 vs. Ramon Hayes 268
Brian Mihtar 152.25 vs. Chris Gray 151.25
Raymond Biggs Jr. 150.5 vs. Jean Baptiste 146.75
Willie Chisolm 193.5 vs. Akinyemi Laleye 182.5
Brian Meadows 151 vs. Benjamin Jordan 154.5
Laura Ramsey 168.75 vs. Alexandra Maloy 163.25
Jonathan Nelson 167.5 vs. Devin Laney 168.5

A great lightheavy twinbill tonight as Dawson and Woods defend their belts against a popular former champ. In the first bout Dawson looks to prove that he is the top fighter in the devision but he has his hands full against Glen Johnson. Johnson is an old school guy who keeps on coming at you and will wear you down, but Dawson has incredible handspeed and a killer jab. Dawson should be in complete control and prove that he is a future pbp star.

Tarver/Woods is a fight that could go either way, while Tarver is not nearly as good as he was 5 years ago, this fight is on his home turf and Woods has been lucky to keep his belt for so long. Can Tarver recapture his former magic or is he completely washed up? Either way this fight will not be nearly as good as Dawson/Johnson. fights start at 9pm on Showtime, ENJOY.

The next two weekends are incredible for boxing fans! I can't wait for the Calzaghe/Hopkins fight personally.

Taver vs Woods

and

Dawson vs. Johnson

on showtime tonight...

who do you all got winning these two fights?

The Tarver fight is easier to say,i think he will win unless he doesnt show up.Johnson vs Dawson i dont know,could go either way.

The Tarver fight is easier to say,i think he will win unless he doesnt show up.Johnson vs Dawson i dont know,could go either way.

Complete opposite for me. I love Johnson, but he is the slower, older version of Adamek and Dawson tooled his arse. Dawson should win this fight.

Tarver/Woods should have happened years ago. Both of them are over the hill. This fight to me could go either way because Tarver's physical attributes can't play a significant roll in this fight since Woods physical dimensions are comparable to his. I like to see Tarver consistently keeping Woods at the end of his punches. Something I don't see happening.

ya im thinking dawson is gonna wreck johnson...

tarver should beat woods, but i guess we will see which tarver shows up tonight..

tarver should beat woods, but i guess we will see which tarver shows up tonight..

this is how i feel too, dawson should win his fight easy, and im gonna go with tarver as well

No one wrecks Johnson. He will go the distance and Dawson like everybody else is going to work for the win.

Thanks Boston.

This is a great card and the matchmaking job here is superb.
I won

I really like Glen Johnson, and always find myself rooting for him.

But under Eddie Chad's become something of a phoenomenon and I don't think Glen has a prayer.

i think glen pushes the pace for the first few rounds then age and that thing called talent will cause that pace to fall downward.

Johnson is a tough cat, high work rate, applies constant pressure - Dawson SHOULD win but Johnson will make him work for it and is a very live dog.

What really stinks is that Showtime, who seems to put on less quality shows as time goes on, is putting this very good card on the same night as HBO has an even better card with Cotto/Gomez and Margarito/Cintron. I understand its a business but still...

Is that 9pm Eastern time? (-4 hours GMT)

Trying to work out when it'll start over here, it'll be 2am UK time now that we're in British Summer time (+1 GMT) if it's Eastern

I'm really glad the UK has so many world champions right now, although it messes up my sleep pattern when the fights are on in the early hours of the morning...

my money is on tarver, he's washed up, but has more good then Woods and on home turf.

I think Dawson beats Johnson, but Dawson does seem a bit chinny, and has found himself on the canvas a few times. Johnson could pull it off

Most of the undercard is complete now, Dawson/Johnson should start in 15 minutes.

Former world heavyweight title challenger and Mike Tyson-conqueror Danny Williams (38-6, 30 KOs) won a six round unanimous decision over Marcus McGhee (20-16, 10 KOs). Williams, who weighed 258.75, dropped McGhee in rounds one and three, but had to be content with a six round 60-52 win on all cards.

Unbeaten heavyweight Bowie Tupou (14-0, 11 KOs) cruised to a six round unanimious decision over journeyman Ramon Hayes (15-26-1, 10 KOs), winning by scores of 59-55, 59-55, 58-56.

Super middleweight Laura Ramsey (9-3, 4 KOs) dropped Alexandra Malloy (2-4-2) in round four en route to a 40-35 win on all cards.

WAR CHAD!!!111

Eddie's last words to Chad before leaving the Gym:

"You know dis mufucka gon' come right atcha. Keep that jab on him, walk him into dem hooks, pivot."

Back