David Haye Interview: Talks Move To HW & MMA

From what i ve seen in Europe boxers are very close with mma fighters and the sport itself.They often train in the same gyms etc.Its only in the states since a lot of money are at stakes somehow boxing community bashes MMA.I love both.End of thread:)

By the way i think Haye meant Couture when he mentioned Liddel coming out of retirement,unless i missed something:D

It goes both ways.

Never thought I'd see the day I became a fan of a british heavyweight. But the guy is entertaining, seems well spoken, and hits like a semi truck. Go Haye.

Haye is very good for boxing. I think boxing in general is making a fantastic comeback.

Good entertaining fights recently.

Calzaghe versus Hopkins will be great. Now we have Haye about to be the new Tyson of the heavyweights.

I don't think Haye is at all racist. He was just saying some of the Russian fighters have no mobility. Haye is a great athlete and would be an awesome MMA fighter. Get Chukie training him for take down defense and he would be a serious force.

Good luck to Haye I think he will go all the way as long as he doesn't under-estimate other fighters!

First time ive heard that Haye might be racist.

I must admit I know nothing of his background but assumed he was mixed race. That doesn't prevent you from being racist (especially if one parent abandoned you) but makes it less likely.

I found the interview:

American boxing fans love the knockout. They love you to bring the pain and give them entertainment. So, I think for some reason, the American heavyweight situation isn't what it should be. It hasn't been for many, many years, and I think I'm the closest you Americans have got. At least I'm an English speaking heavyweight champion of the world. That means something.

You've got all these Russian pretenders. These guys ain't got no rhythm, no timing, no speed. They're big and clumsy. Look at (Wladimir) Klitschko the other night. It was an embarrassment to boxing what he did. He should be stripped of his title just for that performance alone. It was a disgrace. And I can

Ive seen him on a boxing message board. he is of the mind that he can succeed at any sport he wants.

I do not know how you can call Haye a racist for saying that. For a long time, a lot of people saw the Russian style of boxing as very mechanical style. Solid 1-2s, good utilization of the jab. But the style lacks variety, no combination punching and very little footwork.

I like Haye's attitude. This man will take on any challenge. I laughed when he compared Wladimir Klitschko to a real life Ivan Drago. It's so true! :D

I hope he does move up to HW and beat him. He has a realistic mindset when it comes to the possibility of competing in MMA and where he stands. If he did train for a year and rounded out his skills he'd be a force. I'd rather see him at LHW than HW. Can you imagine a fight between Rampage and Haymaker?!

What is this, guilty until proven innocent? Where is there any evidence that he at all racist?

What a load of bollocks.

What I meant was that his dating preferences don't prove anything about his racial attitudes; his comments are a better gauge of his thoughts. It would be like Wlad saying, "Those Nigerian contenders have no game plan; they just come in winging bombs." I don't care if Wlad is dating Oluchi Onweagba -- that's a strange comment to make unless he finds a connection between ethnic background and lack of focus.

But whatever.....it's not like Haye cares about what some random internet poster thinks. If he's on a card I want to view, I'll buy it. If not, I won't. I'm primarily interested in seeing quality entertainment. Hopefully, Haye delivers in that regard.

I like Haye's attitude. This man will take on any challenge. I laughed when he compared Wladimir Klitschko to a real life Ivan Drago. It's so true! :D

That was funny. Although I think his brother's a better candidate, what with the iron chin and all.

I always wondered who would win between Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago. Unfortunately, Clubber retired after his first loss so we never found out.

That was funny. Although I think his brother's a better candidate, what with the iron chin and all.

I always wondered who would win between Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago. Unfortunately, Clubber retired after his first loss so we never found out.

If Gary Shaw had his way we could see a Kimbo Slice vs. Wladimir Klitschko matchup in the future.

What I meant was that his dating preferences don't prove anything about his racial attitudes; his comments are a better gauge of his thoughts. It would be like Wlad saying, "Those Nigerian contenders have no game plan; they just come in winging bombs." I don't care if Wlad is dating Oluchi Onweagba -- that's a strange comment to make unless he finds a connection between ethnic background and lack of focus.

Ethnic stereotyping in sports isn't unknown. Most notably, it's been a widely held belief for decades that Latin baseball players will swing at bad pitches because they dislike taking walks. White basketball players are known for making assists vs. taking shots themselves, in fact that was one of the entries in the Stuff White People Like blog. There probably are many other examples.

bah, old thread bump. i did this interview, cheers for posting the entire thing so no-one clicked the link. how rude.

Back