David Benavidez vs Ronald Ellis PBC Showtime March 13th

Don't know anything about Ellis, but his record is utter shit. I just watched highlights of his last win vs Korobov, and Korobov lost due to injury.

Huge step down for Benavidez, and his team should be embarrassed

Don't know anything about Ellis, but his record is utter shit. I just watched highlights of his last win vs Korobov, and Korobov lost due to injury.

Huge step down for Benavidez, and his team should be embarrassed
I'm happy I checked his boxrec, as his only loss was against a man who's name reads "Underwear" lol.

His next move should better be significant. He has the potential to be boxing’s biggest waste of talent in this era.

His next move should better be significant. He has the potential to be boxing’s biggest waste of talent in this era.

Yeah, him and Tank have been disappointing since breaking out in 2017. Like Tank he still has time to get it right, though.

Jon Fernandez 21-1 vs Isaac Cruz 20-1

Co main

Lets hope this isnt all talk, Charlo/Benavidez is an outstanding fight.

Lets hope this isnt all talk, Charlo/Benavidez is an outstanding fight.

I mentioned this the other day but most people on here thought Charlo was either too small for SMW or that he should stick to MW.

He's a good size for SMW, he can't land a big fight at MW, i think he should go for it.

You have a young fighter with lots of promise. Tall, rangey, lots of pop, good chin who struggles with his weight at 168. You begin calling out other super-middleweights and dropping names like Charlo, Plant, Canelo. So what do you do? You make a can crusher fight and maybe miss weight again. Hey Benavides, I’m a big fan. There is a dude out of Brooklyn right now whose climbing (Berlanga). Maybe take a chance and make the fight and schedule a rematch in the K. Just tossing out ideas here.

Boxing is hilarious lol

Atleast use some smoke and mirrors, what a bold fight to put on.

Probably realized Canelo would still duck him even if he won a belt and thought "why bother?"

You have a young fighter with lots of promise. Tall, rangey, lots of pop, good chin who struggles with his weight at 168. You begin calling out other super-middleweights and dropping names like Charlo, Plant, Canelo. So what do you do? You make a can crusher fight and maybe miss weight again. Hey Benavides, I’m a big fan. There is a dude out of Brooklyn right now whose climbing (Berlanga). Maybe take a chance and make the fight and schedule a rematch in the K. Just tossing out ideas here.

You realize Edgar hasn't fought anyone with a pulse right?

You realize Edgar hasn't fought anyone with a pulse right?
Yeah, they say that about all current and future champions. “..they have t fought anybody...” until they do. That’s how they become champions.

Not familiar with Ronald Ellis. I’ll watch though. I can’t miss David Benavidez. He’s been calling out Plant and Canelo on Instagram pretty consistently lately. Seeing Jermall Charlo is coming to 168 is exciting too. I’m ok with Benavidez taking a showcase fight as long as he gets a big name after this

Back