News David Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk in June

Why would he take such a dangerous fight when the Canelo fight seems so close? Not sure I buy it.
I don't buy it either. The light heavyweight elites are too high risk-low reward. He could conceivably get Canelo by year's end. They're in the same stable now. I highly doubt Canelo signed with PBC for $100 million plus to avoid Benavidez.

I don't buy it either. The light heavyweight elites are too high risk-low reward. He could conceivably get Canelo by year's end. They're in the same stable now. I highly doubt Canelo signed with PBC for $100 million plus to avoid Benavidez.
I can see PBC releasing Canelo if he refuses to fight David in September…. They are trying to force him to fight Munguia in May … because canelo wants Jermall but PBC don’t … and they are not putting up 33.3 mil for that fight …

Also it’s the timeline I heard last week … canelo may 4th vs Munguia … tank vs Martin may 26 th and benavidez in June …. Let’s see

Last edited:
I can see PBC releasing Canelo if he refuses to fight David in September…. They are trying to force him to fight Munguia in May … because canelo wants Jermall but PBC don’t … and they are not putting up 33.3 mil for that fight …
Yeah. Canelo needs to fight Benavidez this year. If he doesn't then it's officially a duck. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now.

Give him Charlo and stack the card

Give him Charlo and stack the card
Main event sells the cards… this is not a good 33.3 mil investment … he already beat his brother and Jermall is drinking non stop and not even at the gym, is not a competitive fight at this moment

Worried about Gvozdyk in this one. Already took a beating from Beterbiev. Dude is talented, but I hope he's not just doing this for the $.

Worried about Gvozdyk in this one. Already took a beating from Beterbiev. Dude is talented, but I hope he's not just doing this for the $.
Beterbiev broke him but that was back in late 2019. Gvozdyk retired for a few years and came back last year. He's beaten a few soft touches since. Gvozdyk hasn't been in with a world level opponent since then. That's the concern. He's also getting up there in age. He'll be 37 soon.

On the other hand we've never seen how Benavidez looks at light heavyweight. Gvozdyk will be the biggest guy he's ever been in there with and by far the hardest hitter.

Its not rocket science (for you it might be). PBC would have made it clear, Canelo does not want to fight you, period, and now you are free to move on. Simple. This fight is not official yet though but it seems to be his plan moving forward. PBC can't force Canelo to fight anyone , you still don't seem to understand that. It will eventually sink in. I have been trying to explain this to you for 3 years.

They know that Canelo is not facing him in May …. So Benavidez vs Gvozdyk will happen next …

Or Sept. I doubt he would be doing this if Sept is still on the table. Plus if he beat Gvoz he will be interm 175 WBC champ, he couldn't even move down then I think,

Back