Media Davey Grant, Dhiego Lima, Seungwoo Choi, and Alexey Oleynik's statements following UFC Vegas 29

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Translated:

"Thanks to everyone who supported me, thanks to the UFC, thanks to the opponent for a worthy fight. I have been sharing my technique for 25 years, and of course it is already difficult to surprise with something in battle, but I will not change my rules. Alive, healthy, all of you - worthy deeds
Today I'm 44;) Thank you to everyone who supported me, thank you to the UFC, thank you to the opponent for a decent fight. I have been sharing my technique for 25 years, and of course it is already difficult to surprise someone in battle, but I will not change my rules. Alive and well, all of you - worthy actions
I'm 44 today"

Bad looking loss for Lima. Never a good look being 32 and losing to a 40 year old. Was great to see matt get one more signature stoppage though at least instead of watching yet another 40 year old get trounced.

Bad looking loss for Lima. Never a good look being 32 and losing to a 40 year old. Was great to see matt get one more signature stoppage though at least instead of watching yet another 40 year old get trounced.
I'm still confused why the UFC keeps him around. Maybe for the last name? Always has been a shadow of Douglas Lima and not even half as good. Even when he does win it's not typically an exciting fight.

Alexy looked a lot shaper on his feet and was even throwing some good kicks. I know he’s old but I really want him to get his 60th W in the ufc octagon. True warrior.

War Olyneik!!!

Solid from all and enjoyable performances. Hated picking against a few but was glad with the result.

Reactions: Gio
Oleynik is 44, and has lost 3 straight, including 5 of his last 7 fights. I will not be surprised if the UFC releases him. It would
be better for him to fight in other MMA promotions.

I thought the Grant and Chito fight was a lot closer than the judges did. Absolute banger, would love to see Grant Vs O’malley

GwTHYS4.jpg

I'm still confused why the UFC keeps him around. Maybe for the last name? Always has been a shadow of Douglas Lima and not even half as good. Even when he does win it's not typically an exciting fight.

the pessimist would say that he’s cheap, and due to the name association of his brother he is worth trotting out, especially if he loses. The UFC can degrade one of bellator’s best vicariously through the same association that draws fans.

Davey Grant looks like he was in a car crash and went thru the windshield.

Davey was really fun to watch but he made some small mistakes that cost him. Its a bummer he was so inactive from injuries in his prime, now he's aging out of his athletic window. Chito has extraordinary fight IQ, played it perfect. When both guys were fresh he was losing, but biding his time.

Oleynik may or may not get cut, because the UFC pays a pitiful 18% of revenue to fighters, we still shuffle around the old farts of yesteryear in the upper weight divisions. Its a complete embarrassment.

Neither Lima or Brown belonged in a UFC cage last night. Cool thing for Matt, but he's going to take more unnecessary head trauma himself.

Just because people are saying Brown's earned the right to hang around a bit longer due to the KO doesn't mean that he should. I understand how tough it is for a lot of these guys to hang it up, but this would be an awesome time for him to leave on a high note.

However, Oleinik definitely has to go. It's getting tough to watch.

Back