Social Dave Rubin and Jack Murphy criticize the "liberal" IDW

I did. I'll elaborate, if you'd like.

The only way Jordan Peterson's "brainiac" advice could be groundbreaking to people is if they've read almost nothing, ever. Same goes for his IDW sidekicks. Their popularity reveals that an entire generation has been so robbed of anything to do with the humanities that JP's balderdash becomes groundbreaking.

I'd say it's the opposite: younger generations have been forced to listen to "pleasant lies" from society from their entire lives. The people who speak pleasant lies, through sheer repetition, have come to believe their own falsehoods and actively persecute those who dare go against them. Someone speaking frankly is a breath of fresh air, and drove the far left into absolute hysterics against Peterson.

Again, I'm not gonna defend whatever he was wrong about, I'm not a big Dave Ruben fan although I don't really see anything wrong with most of what he's saying. I guess the left considers a gay guy not being woke full out treason so I'm sure he's hated by plenty, but to me he's just saying basic common knowledge stuff that shouldn't be controversial to anyone.

And back to the original point, whether you agree with him or not, he's not bellow average in IQ. Maybe compared to the average person he talks to, but definitely not below the average of the general population, well above it actually lol
There are plenty of gay guys who aren't woke that I find interesting to listen to and who have some intellectual capabilities, even if I don't fully agree with them. Andrew Sullivan would be one of them. The problem with Rubin isn't that he's gay and not woke. It's that his positions are not well thought out, he's very one note, he lacks principles and comes across like a panderer, a careerist and an outright grifter.

There are plenty of gay guys who aren't woke that I find interesting to listen to and who have some intellectual capabilities, even if I don't fully agree with them. Andrew Sullivan would be one of them. The problem with Rubin isn't that he's gay and not woke. It's that his positions are not well thought out, he's very one note, he lacks principles and comes across like a panderer, a careerist and an outright grifter.
OK fair enough, and that’s your opinion which I don’t completely disagree with but I don’t judge him so harshly because he is what he is and I don’t see anything harmful in what he’s saying. I mean if you can point to certain viewpoints of his that you disagree with we can get into it, but I’m honestly not very invested in Dave Rubin at all.

And yes I agree there are plenty of intelligent and non woke gay dudes out there, don’t know enough about Sullivan but Douglas Murray for example makes a ton of sense and is a very intelligent and sober voice imo. Certainly levels above Ruben.

Trump makes a fool of himself on a regular basis as well, would you say that Trump is not fairly smart?

Smart people do foolish things all the time, I don’t think you understand how IQ works. I said Ruben is fairly smart compared to the average Joe which is true. But yes I’ll be the first to admit that he’s not doing anything groundbreaking and is definitely not among the smarter people discussing politics.
Wow you really thought that was a great point didn't you? No of course I don't think Trump is smart, the guy can barely read at this point.

I probably understand IQ far better than you do. Of course I don't know what Rubin's IQ since I obviously can't know that information but I do know the work he does is devoid of substance and he's almost certainly a grifter.

Jesus healed the lepers but shouldn’t it be their personal responsibility to avoid leprosy?

He also drove the money changers out of the temple but they were just fulfilling a legitimate function of the free market.

Many such mixed messages!

Yeah, saving a sinner then saying "go now and sin no more" is really fucking complicated.

OK fair enough, and that’s your opinion which I don’t completely disagree with but I don’t judge him so harshly because he is what he is and I don’t see anything harmful in what he’s saying. I mean if you can point to certain viewpoints of his that you disagree with we can get into it, but I’m honestly not very invested in Dave Rubin at all.

And yes I agree there are plenty of intelligent and non woke gay dudes out there, don’t know enough about Sullivan but Douglas Murray for example makes a ton of sense and is a very intelligent and sober voice imo. Certainly many levels above Ruben.
It's not really worth it to me to go point for point about Rubin. But there's a reason why even his friends who were aligned with him after he left TYT have turned on him and think he's basically a grifter, and I'm NOT talking about woke people or the left. Andrew Sullivan is a very interesting guy who I've listened to a lot over the years and he's appeared on Bill Maher's show(s) a lot for many years. I can't say I'm a fan of Murray's and I haven't listened to him for a few years at least, but he's more intellectually capable than Rubin and can make an informed argument for his positions, unlike Rubin.

I'd say it's the opposite: younger generations have been forced to listen to "pleasant lies" from society from their entire lives. The people who speak pleasant lies, through sheer repetition, have come to believe their own falsehoods and actively persecute those who dare go against them. Someone speaking frankly is a breath of fresh air, and drove the far left into absolute hysterics against Peterson.
He became famous for lying about a law designed to protect people from discrimination.

He built a brand for himself as the Rosa Parks of refusing to use trans peoples' preferred pronouns, fear mongering over Bill C-16 and what problems it would cause. We're now in week 212 since Bill C-16 was passed and this is the arrest tally: 0

Trump makes a fool of himself on a regular basis as well, would you say that Trump is not fairly smart?

Smart people do foolish things all the time, I don’t think you understand how IQ works. I said Ruben is fairly smart compared to the average Joe which is true. But yes I’ll be the first to admit that he’s not doing anything groundbreaking and is definitely not among the smarter people discussing politics.
With regards to Trump, I think his problem is more of a personality disorder and a lack of intellectual curiosity rather than simply being born with a low IQ. I also believe he's suffered a cognitive decline, although not quite as drastic as Biden's. If you look at old interviews with Trump, he's considerably more coherent and has a more extensive vocabulary.

It's not really worth it to me to go point for point about Rubin. But there's a reason why even his friends who were aligned with him after he left TYT have turned on him and think he's basically a grifter, and I'm NOT talking about woke people or the left. Andrew Sullivan is a very interesting guy who I've listened to a lot over the years and he's appeared on Bill Maher's show(s) a lot for many years. I can't say I'm a fan of Murray's and I haven't listened to him for a few years at least, but he's more intellectually capable than Rubin and can make an informed argument for his positions, unlike Rubin.
OK so if Ruben is not worthy of you pointing out which point you disagree with, then what is it that you disagree with Douglas Murray on?

I'm going to miss the late, great Michael Brooks riffing on guys like him and tearing them apart.

Michael did a good job taking the piss outta him.

I mean seriously guys. Here is Jordan Peterson, wearing a fedora with a green feather in it, whining about how his son will never get laid because they didn't let him have snowball fights in school. This is a breath of fresh air?

That's cringy as fuck! Some of the Youtube comments are hilarious though. "Professor M'Lady of Friendzone State University" hahaha.

Rubin is a massive sell out. Look at his early shows and he actually tries to run a decent political talk show, inviting writers from publications and political figures. But in terms of views he hits a ceiling early on and struggles to beat the views he got with his first guest, Sam Harris.

Then Milo comes on and blows every other interview he did out of the water so he starts to ingratiate himself with people like Milo and those in his orbit. Eventually right wing think tanks notice this and start to offer funding and resources and he goes full right wing, or rather decides to parrot their talking points despite not really understanding them much at all. Rogan was able to sniff out that he's a grifter and that's why Rogan cut him off.
I ran out of likes trying to like this one, but well stated and I fully agree.

OK so if Ruben is not worthy of you pointing out which point you disagree with, then what is it that you disagree with Douglas Murray on?
It's not even that he's not worthy or whatever, it's just that I'm a bit tired and it's been rehashed so many times. Even with Murray it's hard to get a full list of his political positions, and the Overton window and political parties and alignment and positions are a bit different in the UK compared to the US.

But one thing I will point out is that he's a big neocon who wrote a book defending neoconservatism, but he's also hardcore against Islam and immigration into Europe, primarily by Muslims. I think it's pretty myopic of him not to see the connection between neocon foreign policy and the instability that creates in the Muslim world and how it drives immigration to the West. The recent refugee crisis was a direct cause and effect of that. At least most people on the right who share his views about Islam and immigration are moving away from the neocon bullshit. But he hasn't apparently.

It bothers me that Peterson is considered an enemy of the left and so much goes into discrediting him.

Attack the ideas, not the person. I think he's attacked so personally because it is really, really difficult to attack his actual arguments logically.

I'm super liberal, have watched many hours of his lectures and debates, and think the claims that he hates women are insane.
He's made quite a few head scratching statements. For example, he said things like western feminists avoid criticizing Islam, "because of their unconscious wish for brutal male domination."

He's also likes to conflate masculinity with order and femininity with chaos. In his last book, there was a segment where he started talking about ancient Egyptian mythology. He claimed Isis was a goddess of chaos. That's completely backwards. She was associated with order and order to the ancient Egyptians was actually viewed as a feminine force.

That's just two examples, but there are some more. Misogyny isn't really my main gripe against him though, although there are definitely undertones in his statements and writings.

Trump will win in a landslide
Trump will get 30% of the black vote

-extremely big brained man who gets paid to talk about politics
You ever hear Tim Pool's election prediction? Legit gave a serious prediction of a 49/50 state victory for The Orange.

He dresses like a South Park character and thinks like them too.

He's made quite a few head scratching statements. For example, he said things like western feminists avoid criticizing Islam, "because of their unconscious wish for brutal male domination.".
Of course this is something that you would be completely unable to grasp, but women, despite what they may say they want, are actually attracted to strong dominant men, not meek male feminists. They also prefer established guys who make good money, not champagne marxist hating other people's success from their mom's basement.

Groundbreaking I know.

Of course this is something that you would be completely unable to grasp, but women, despite what they may say they want, are actually attracted to strong dominant men, not meek male feminists. They also prefer established guys who make good money, not champagne marxist hating other people's success from their mom's basement.

Groundbreaking I know.
Some women aren't even attracted to men at all. They're called lesbians. People are multifarious.

You ever hear Tim Pool's election prediction? Legit gave a serious prediction of a 49/50 state victory for The Orange.

He dresses like a South Park character and thinks like them too.

Yeah I remember that lol

It doesn’t take much to become a member of the chud pundit class. You just have to screech about libs and wokeness. There’s no requirement to actually know what you’re talking about.

Some women aren't even attracted to men at all. They're called lesbians. People are multifarious.
And some people have missing limbs and all kinds of other anomalies, so is it inaccurate to make the claim that the human species has two arms, two legs, two ears, etc... just because some small segment of the population doesn't fit the description?

Yeah I remember that lol

It doesn’t take much to become a member of the chud pundit class. You just have to screech about libs and wokeness. There’s no requirement to actually know what you’re talking about.
It's a remarkably easy grift. One of our own, Crowder, has had quite a bit of success with it, and even by War Room standards the dude was not bright.

Back