• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

<Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

Got some time off this week so I know what I'm spending my time doing --- headbutting and elbow slapping.
Interestingly enough, I don t recall a single stoppage by headbutt in the UFC when they were allowed until like UFC7 or something. Always found it surprising because I know that it's a nasty technique.

Leduc I don't think ever stopped anybody with a headbutt either. There are some nice headbutts in some Lethwei bouts but its not prevalent like Leduc makes it seem as far an KO bout stopper. There is also tons of Burma vs Thailand shows where the Burmese can use full rules going back to the 1980s and there are a couple here and there again not as prevalent as he makes it sound.

His latest rant again goes into his "wealth" status and the UFC and headbutts. Its comical at this point.Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 7.41.22 PM.png

But can Leduc still fight in other sports like Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

But can Leduc still fight in other sports like Muay Thai or Kickboxing?
Seems like he retired from fighting as a whole. When he did fight he would accept hybrid rules but I think he stopped accepting MT and KB rules a long time ago.

Not only was he disrespectful to a lot of MT fighters and acted pompous, that UFC-esque publicity beef undermines a lot of the traditions of both Muay Thai and Lethwei (at least to my knowledge). I know gamblers have a heavy hand in MT, but as far the actual fighters go, they have seemed to treat the art with a lot more honor and integrity than some of their western counterparts. I am happy to see the clout chasing BS is not going to fly
“Muh honor” with a sport that’s literally pays people to give each other brain damage

“Muh honor” with a sport that’s literally pays people to give each other brain damage

If you want to simplify it that much, sure. Playing guitar is just flicking strings, dancing is just stepping around in a funky manner and playing snooker is just poking a ball with a stick. You see how much nuance we managed to lose in just one sentence? Combat sports, and especially Muay Thai, Lethwei, etc, have a deep history and hold cultural significance. Even outside of that, there's a lot more subtlety to what's happening in the ring than just giving each other brain damage. It's an unfortunate side effect of a beautiful art form.

If you want to simplify it that much, sure. Playing guitar is just flicking strings, dancing is just stepping around in a funky manner and playing snooker is just poking a ball with a stick. You see how much nuance we managed to lose in just one sentence? Combat sports, and especially Muay Thai, Lethwei, etc, have a deep history and hold cultural significance. Even outside of that, there's a lot more subtlety to what's happening in the ring than just giving each other brain damage. It's an unfortunate side effect of a beautiful art form.
Yeah dog it’s a sport where people literally hurt each other for money. It’s prize fighting not honors fighting

Trying to reason with the casual fan that is ignorant to martial arts and its culture is a waste of time man..

Ok and? The philosophy and culture of fighting when it comes to Western boxing and Asian Martial arts are completely different..
It’s all prize fighting. Asian martial arts use “honor” to cover up the fact they don’t work. Muay thai is an “honorable” sport rife with match fixing and gambling during live bouts. I don’t know if lethwei is similar but the honor is all bullshit to appease the ignorant

Ok and? The philosophy and culture of fighting when it comes to Western boxing and Asian Martial arts are completely different..
The irony is that you are the casual here. He is not. But I am sure you are the king of your basement.

The irony is that you are the casual here. He is not. But I am sure you are the king of your basement.
I don't usually like doing this kind of thing on the internet cause it's corny but I'll make an exception for you. I have been training in martial arts for damn near my entire life. I have a Black Belt in Goju Ryu Karate, I've taught karate. I trained in Muay Thai for a decade and taught it as well. Competed in both. I've trained in weapon Arts, BJJ and other martial arts. But yeah don't mind me, I'm just the king of my basement I don't know shit.

Back