Shoop Dat UFC fight night 142

Haha so funny. In my head I was just thinking "Man, I'm back to moderating. Such a thankless job." and then you come along and say thanks. Appreciate it bro. You changed my reality here. :D
How's the moderating going? :cool:

I just used your 3rd template ^^

Last edited:
xpVGChF.gif

Nice gif! When you have his hands go in front of the face like that, do you use Photoshop or After Effects?

Yea that was done in AE. I haven't really done many shoops in video timeline with masking in PS. I have only done one with a lot of masking and I believe it was my remake of your Jones Snorts Coke Off the Table one you did. It was hard. I had to use nested groups and it was a PITA. But then again I am not really familiar with video timeline in PS, so maybe I did it wrong.

PS is so superior for masking a single frame. You can extract things that look impossible, but when I tried to mask many frames in video timeline, I had issues. Going from memory, masking in frame animation seemed easier.

AE isn't as accurate, but masking many frame is doable. Time consuming, but doable. It does have some nifty tricks that PS doesn't, but those are designed specifically for video. For something like that Shogun Kung Fu gif I just put a layer of video on top of everything. It makes it easier to mask the video over everything rather than masking the multiple heads individually.

I included a screenshot of my AE masking in the timeline. The green shape is pretty much the same thing as PS's Pen Tool. All those dots in the timeline are manual changes I made to the mask. What's inside of the green is masked in over Shogun's face. "Mask Path" just means I made changes to the mask's shape. Lots of wiggling the mask around. Tedious work. I need a gimp to do it for me.

ae-masks-for-sansnom-jpg.481825

How's the moderating going? :cool:

I just used your 3rd template ^^

Brah you're a mad man. The Tony Ferguson of Shooping. Slow down!! You're making me tired just watching how many shoops you have made. :D

Conserve your energy. ISL is coming soon. And watch out for wires at the press conference. Man I gotta pick your brain on your techniques for matching color and contrast. That's always a huge challenge. Sometimes I gotta use 5 or more adjustment layers to get it right. Have you done any manipulations not related to sports/mma? Would love to see some of your other work.

I so wanna comment on all your shoops but I'm too tired. They are all awesome and top notch work.

Attachments

• ae-masks-for-sansnom.jpg
    ae-masks-for-sansnom.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 162
subtle

Attachments

• C1A890A1-9B2B-44EA-BAE5-DBB30072294E.png
    C1A890A1-9B2B-44EA-BAE5-DBB30072294E.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 2
Can you imagine doing that as an adult? I mean a kid can bounce right back up, but jumping up and landing flat on your ass as an adult would be painful. I tend to look at kids like they are drunk. A drunk would do something stupid like that.

The kids face is probably even funnier than JDS's, hurts my butt just watching it. I'd definitely need to be drunk to survive it without breaking my ass.

ed1tPLQ.gif

Brah you're a mad man. The Tony Ferguson of Shooping. Slow down!! You're making me tired just watching how many shoops you have made. :D

Conserve your energy. ISL is coming soon. And watch out for wires at the press conference. Man I gotta pick your brain on your techniques for matching color and contrast. That's always a huge challenge. Sometimes I gotta use 5 or more adjustment layers to get it right. Have you done any manipulations not related to sports/mma? Would love to see some of your other work.

I so wanna comment on all your shoops but I'm too tired. They are all awesome and top notch work.
I'm motivating myself for ISL, and I only made one shoop for this weekend's events (until this thread popped up) because discussing the Wilder/Fury result took all my attention and energy on sunday. Perhaps 27 shoops was a bit excessive though hahahaha

I often use many adjustment layers too and just keep chasing the end result until I've had enough, very rarely am I able to make changes that affect the entire template AND look right when in position. I have to repeatedly highlight separate areas or even make them into new layers so they remain unaffected by those global changes.

Yea that was done in AE. I haven't really done many shoops in video timeline with masking in PS. I have only done one with a lot of masking and I believe it was my remake of your Jones Snorts Coke Off the Table one you did. It was hard. I had to use nested groups and it was a PITA. But then again I am not really familiar with video timeline in PS, so maybe I did it wrong.

PS is so superior for masking a single frame. You can extract things that look impossible, but when I tried to mask many frames in video timeline, I had issues. Going from memory, masking in frame animation seemed easier.

AE isn't as accurate, but masking many frame is doable. Time consuming, but doable. It does have some nifty tricks that PS doesn't, but those are designed specifically for video. For something like that Shogun Kung Fu gif I just put a layer of video on top of everything. It makes it easier to mask the video over everything rather than masking the multiple heads individually.

I included a screenshot of my AE masking in the timeline. The green shape is pretty much the same thing as PS's Pen Tool. All those dots in the timeline are manual changes I made to the mask. What's inside of the green is masked in over Shogun's face. "Mask Path" just means I made changes to the mask's shape. Lots of wiggling the mask around. Tedious work. I need a gimp to do it for me.

ae-masks-for-sansnom-jpg.481825
Good stuff, man. Thanks for the info

{<jordan}

Nice one

0jsVgFy.gif

Can't be unseen............

haha. Next we gotta teach you how to put smoke coming from his joint. Dab a little red on the end of the joint and it would look cool. Really it's not hard but it is another thing to know and learn.... added to the millions of things you are already trying to soak in. :D

haha. Next we gotta teach you how to put smoke coming from his joint. Dab a little red on the end of the joint and it would look cool. Really it's not hard but it is another thing to know and learn.... added to the millions of things you are already trying to soak in. :D

Tell me about it. I had to start looking for new material for ISL. I started on my idea but I just don't have the skills to pull it off yet, bitten off way more than I could chew, lmao. Would have taken me till next years ISL to complete it. :D

You know me, I'm very keen to learn. Would love to know how to put some smoke coming out of the joint.

Last edited:
I'm motivating myself for ISL, and I only made one shoop for this weekend's events (until this thread popped up) because discussing the Wilder/Fury result took all my attention and energy on sunday. Perhaps 27 shoops was a bit excessive though hahahaha

I often use many adjustment layers too and just keep chasing the end result until I've had enough, very rarely am I able to make changes that affect the entire template AND look right when in position. I have to repeatedly highlight separate areas or even make them into new layers so they remain unaffected by those global changes.

Dayum 27 shoops!! "I often use many adjustment layers too and just keep chasing the end result".. haha that's my method too.

Back