Darren Sproles an A-level Athlete?

Sproles is/was an excellent athlete. The "is" part being he still plays in the NFL, which many guys dream about but don't make it. The "was" part being he is past his prime. He was fast as fuck for a little dude and fun to watch at KSU in his college days. In college he was nearly unstoppable at running back, in the NFL he has been more of an all purpose type guy.

The whole "A Level" athlete is kind of pointless...what exactly constitutes an A Level athlete anyway? Just because someone is good at one sport doesn't mean they will be good at another. A great example is Jon Jones. His brothers are in the NFL. Jones kicks people's asses. Jon Jones is 6'4" or whatever and cannot dunk a basketball, but he can beat the living shit out of you.

In the open field he's as close to Barry Sanders as I've seen.
Big Sproles fan but Tarik Cohen, Tyreek Hill, Leveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Marshal Faulk were/are a bit more dangerous in the open field. All those guys were/are capable of taking it to the house on any touch. Even at his best Sproles didn't have the top end speed but was agile and shifty af. Sproles was/is one of the best rb's in terms of route running and ability to catch passes out of the backfield and was the one of the best punt returners in his prime. His 2011 season for the Saints was spectacular he came in and did a better job in Bush's previous role. I was unhappy to see him leave in 2014 as a Saints fan.

There is no such thing as "A-Level".

Thats just a term dorks here made up to shit on a sport they supposedly like.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Pretty sure the scientists that coined it wouldn't appreciate that. A ton of research went into this chart

sher.jpg

Love Sproles. Probably the most fun running back to watch in his prime. He's like the mugsy bogues of football

I remember seeing him in a game in college and thinking "shit, that guy is Barry Sanders."

He is a highly paid professional athlete so yes he is A-level. No less A-lvl than Djokovic, Kyrie, Tenshin, or Colin Kaepernick (when he was getting paid)

I agree the dorks as you say make out that there chosen sport like NFL and Basketball is played by that rather silly term A-Level Athlete super humans and the other sports are so called C-Level Athletes is just stupid.

A level athlete is something cans say in UFC discussion.

{<jordan}at liking MMA.

Most underrated manlet in history.

Making it to the NFL as a running back at 5'6" 185 lbs is already a huge accomplishment.

To still be playing and being pretty good at age 35 is pretty unbelievable.

I agree the dorks as you say make out that there chosen sport like NFL and Basketball is played by that rather silly term A-Level Athlete super humans and the other sports are so called C-Level Athletes is just stupid.
Jon-Jones-basketball-dunk-GIF.gif

Sproles is a fucking stud and has been forever.

I never heard A-level outside of Sherdog, but everyone has a term for it. Some guys are just faster, stronger, and more athletic even compared to other pro athletes. Sproles is slowing down a bit, but he was one of those guys. HIs ability to accelreate out of a cut, his balance, and his overall quickness makes him really fun to watch.
Now, if you're decrying the use of A-level to assume that no one in MMA is a great athlete or that everyone in the NFL is a great athlete, then I agree with you. It just isn't so. But take a guy like Yoel Romero; he's way more athletic than most of the UFC roster.

rdsTXvm.gif

I never heard A-level outside of Sherdog, but everyone has a term for it. Some guys are just faster, stronger, and more athletic even compared to other pro athletes. Sproles is slowing down a bit, but he was one of those guys. HIs ability to accelreate out of a cut, his balance, and his overall quickness makes him really fun to watch.
Now, if you're decrying the use of A-level to assume that no one in MMA is a great athlete or that everyone in the NFL is a great athlete, then I agree with you. It just isn't so. But take a guy like Yoel Romero; he's way more athletic than most of the UFC roster.

rdsTXvm.gif

Of course, but the way those mongs use it is basically to shit on other, typically non-US sports.

Back