Darren Sproles an A-level Athlete?

Totally different spheres of athleticism and it’s relative. Athleticism is one skill like endurance is one skill. In the NFL a player who is not naturally (athletically) gifted per say can be very successful with the right set of reflexes, instincts, IQ and intelligence. You hear the term “some things just cannot be taught” and that’s what it is referring to. On the contrary there were fighters in MMA who did not have a bone of athleticism in them and were successful at high levels (Mark Hunt, Butterbean etc).

That dude was bench pressing 400lbs in high @ 187lbs BW. He’s lasted over a decade playing a position with a 3 1/2 year shelf life on average.
Yes Darren Sproles is an A-Athlete.

Totally different spheres of athleticism and it’s relative. Athleticism is one skill like endurance is one skill. In the NFL a player who is not naturally (athletically) gifted per say can be very successful with the right set of reflexes, instincts, IQ and intelligence. You hear the term “some things just cannot be taught” and that’s what it is referring to. On the contrary there were fighters in MMA who did not have a bone of athleticism in them and were successful at high levels (Mark Hunt, Butterbean etc).

I'm not even referring to MMA personally, yes there are of course some guys who are just "naturally" (something of a loaded term) more athletic than others, but there are a few boring twats on this forum who use the term "A-Level" to refer to things like NFL and NBA, and basically anything else that is posted (as an example, since it's what I am into....rugby, hurling, or gaelic football) as "D-Level". It's just tedious, not to mention dumb. Of course they use it jokingly about MMA too.

I never heard A-level outside of Sherdog, but everyone has a term for it. Some guys are just faster, stronger, and more athletic even compared to other pro athletes. Sproles is slowing down a bit, but he was one of those guys. HIs ability to accelreate out of a cut, his balance, and his overall quickness makes him really fun to watch.
Now, if you're decrying the use of A-level to assume that no one in MMA is a great athlete or that everyone in the NFL is a great athlete, then I agree with you. It just isn't so. But take a guy like Yoel Romero; he's way more athletic than most of the UFC roster.

rdsTXvm.gif
Low centre of gravity the guy is in the ZONE all the time.

Back