• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dariush is not one of the top 4/5 best lightweights in the world

Hooker was a better win for Islam. Hooker went toe to toe with the best LW in the world (Poirier) a little over a year ago for 5 rounds and Islam went through him like a Kardashian through condoms.

You don’t think that just maybe Porier beating the absolute dog fuck out of him may have contributed to how he’s looked in the fights afterwards?

The rankings I posted were from before their fights. So the eventual losses have nothing to do with it.
Fact is, Tony was in a better win streak (12 wins) and lost only once before meeting Oliveira. It is beyond dishonest to claim he was far gone.

Besides, what is exactly your point?
Dariush is not fighting for the belt. He is fighting Islam.
Who do you think should be in his place?
Tony was 37. Prime age in MMA is 32. Tony had a long streak but he wasn’t fighting Poirier, Gaejthe, Khabib, Conor or anybody that he was likely to lose too. I honestly feel the same way about Olivera, Dariush and Islam. Islam just impressed the entire MMA world by going through Hooker so fast that the highlight reel was the entire fight. Dariush beat Tony who hasn’t beat anyone good in 5 years. He needs to fight a real top 5. I honestly think Hooker takes him out.

It's a cool idea to make threads about things that aren't. My turn.

The octagon isn't underwater.

You don’t think that just maybe Porier beating the absolute dog fuck out of him may have contributed to how he’s looked in the fights afterwards?
It was more competitive than that and closer than I expected. Poirier beats anybody not named Khabib and fighting him or Gaejthe is going to take years off your life.

This is a foreshadowing of what will happen on this forum when Makhachev beats him. "Oh he was never that good anyway".
I'll love the server meltdown when/if Beniel wins this fight.

I'll love the server meltdown when/if Beniel wins this fight.

There'll be no meltdown. Beneil is very good and can win. Only an idiot will deny that.

But you'll just pathetically say that Dariush was never that good if/when he loses that fight. Super predictable given your behavior.

There'll be no meltdown. Beneil is very good and can win. Only an idiot will deny that.

But you'll just pathetically say that Dariush was never that good if/when he loses that fight. Super predictable given your behavior.

No, I WANT Beniel to win, man!

Yeah and if he loses you'll say makhachev doesn't deserve a TS anyway because Dariush was never that good. Or am I wrong ?
Yo are totally misreading me. I am not saying that at all. If Dariush loses it's because Islam beat him, not because he's not deserving - I'm not one of those idiot shertards, dude.
I think Beniel can win this, and on his merits as a great all-around fighter that's tough as fucking nails.
Again, if he doesn't win, it's because Islam beat him, not because Beniel is a fucking undeserving scrub.

It doesnt matter if 10 guys could beat him as rankings are about the victories you currently have.

Anway heres 10 i think could beat him.
Poirier
Oliveira
Chandler
Islam
Arman
Alvarez
Gillespie
Riddell
Fiziev
Bobby Green
Ismagulov

BOBBY GREEN???? Loooooooooll

Yo are totally misreading me. I am not saying that at all. If Dariush loses it's because Islam beat him, not because he's not deserving - I'm not one of those idiot shertards, dude.
I think Beniel can win this, and on his merits as a great all-around fighter that's tough as fucking nails.
Again, if he doesn't win, it's because Islam beat him, not because Beniel is a fucking undeserving scrub.

Ok fair enough then. I mistook you for one of those haters, my bad. I've got that fight 60/40 Makhachev, but I know for a fact that Dariush can also win it. May the better man win.

Tony was 37. Prime age in MMA is 32. Tony had a long streak but he wasn’t fighting Poirier, Gaejthe, Khabib, Conor or anybody that he was likely to lose too. I honestly feel the same way about Olivera, Dariush and Islam. Islam just impressed the entire MMA world by going through Hooker so fast that the highlight reel was the entire fight. Dariush beat Tony who hasn’t beat anyone good in 5 years. He needs to fight a real top 5. I honestly think Hooker takes him out.
Sorry but you are saying too much bullshit.
Poirier, Gaejthe, Khabib or Conor were not the top guys or even available for most of his run.
Tony is not at fault for not fighting Khabib (whom they tried to make that fight like 5 times)
Conor was out of MMA for 2 years. Tony did his part calling him out! How can you blame him for Conor not fighting him? He was active! Conor wasn't.
And Gaethje was not even at the top of the division during his run!

Meanwhile Tony fought Cerrone, Pettis, Kevin Lee, RDA, Barboza, Thompson, Tibau, Trujillo... all house hold names, most are frequent top of the division veteran fighters.
How the fuck can you tell me he was beating nobodies?
That is just a load of crap from someone trying far too hard to make less of his amazing run!

I hate Tony with a passion, but you can't deny how amazing was his run!!!
Or if you really think what he did is nothing, then I guess you can bash ANY OTHER FIGHTER for their run!!!
I mean, why the fuck is DP at the top when all his recent wins were against a Guy who was out for 2 years and hooker, a 1-3 fighter in his last 4 that lost even to a newcomer to the top 10 (in Islam)? He obviously does not belong at the top, right?

Sorry but you are saying too much bullshit.
Poirier, Gaejthe, Khabib or Conor were not the top guys or even available for most of his run.
Tony is not at fault for not fighting Khabib (whom they tried to make that fight like 5 times)
Conor was out of MMA for 2 years. Tony did his part calling him out! How can you blame him for Conor not fighting him? He was active! Conor wasn't.
And Gaethje was not even at the top of the division during his run!

Meanwhile Tony fought Cerrone, Pettis, Kevin Lee, RDA, Barboza, Thompson, Tibau, Trujillo... all house hold names, most are frequent top of the division veteran fighters.
How the fuck can you tell me he was beating nobodies?
That is just a load of crap from someone trying far too hard to make less of his amazing run!

I hate Tony with a passion, but you can't deny how amazing was his run!!!
Or if you really think what he did is nothing, then I guess you can bash ANY OTHER FIGHTER for their run!!!
I mean, why the fuck is DP at the top when all his recent wins were against a Guy who was out for 2 years and hooker, a 1-3 fighter in his last 4 that lost even to a newcomer to the top 10 (in Islam)? He obviously does not belong at the top, right?
Tony was a good fighter with a good streak. Gaejthe fought MJ, Eddie and Poirier all before Tony fought Cowboy then 3 months after Tony he damn near killed Cowboy. Poirier fought Gaejthe, Eddie, Max and Khabib before or within a couple of months of when Tony was fighting far past prime Cowboy who has lost 6 of his last 6. The level of competition matters as well as when you fight them . The only truly impressive win Tony had in that streak was RDA who has been beat by 8 other LW’s.

Tony was a good fighter with a good streak. Gaejthe fought MJ, Eddie and Poirier all before Tony fought Cowboy then 3 months after Tony he damn near killed Cowboy. Poirier fought Gaejthe, Eddie, Max and Khabib before or within a couple of months of when Tony was fighting far past prime Cowboy who has lost 6 of his last 6. The level of competition matters as well as when you fight them . The only truly impressive win Tony had in that streak was RDA who has been beat by 8 other LW’s.
again, kid. It only matters where they are BEFORE they fight their opponent.
And Tony was fighting anyone put in front of him.
Stop trying to make his win streak any less than what it was at the time.

You are a fucking dishonest lying dumbass, trying to make Cerrone's loss any less than what it was.
Cerrone was on a 3 games win streak when he fought Tony. Including a win over AI, who was just out of fighting for the LW belt against Khabib, and then he beat Kevin lee and then lost to Cerrone.
So how can you even try to paint Cerrone was done by then? this is fucking dishonest and just proves my point you got absolutely nothing!

Pettis was coming of a win over Chiesa
Kevin lee was on a 5 fights win streak!
RDA was just one loss removed from being the LW champion.
Even Lando Vannata was on an unbeaten 8-0 record when he fought Tony!
Barboza was on a 3-1 win streak with a win over Felder when he fought Tony.
Tibau was on a 5-1 win streak when he fought Tony.

If you want to continue being humiliated by facts, then by all means, keep trying.
But it is fairly obvious by now that you are just a delusional hater.

Not everyone's prime is the same.

Hooker was a better win for Islam. Hooker went toe to toe with the best LW in the world (Poirier) a little over a year ago for 5 rounds and Islam went through him like a Kardashian through condoms.

Styles make fights. Hooker fought mostly strikers and is tall and lanky for 155. His grappling has always been a liability, but I heard he has great darces and chokes to compensate.

One thing about Dariush is that there's zero incentive for the UFC to overhype him. He's a grey haired dude with a dad bod and a bland personality. So, really he is only considered a top fighter because he is good

Back