Dante Leon’s garage powerlifting workout

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Slatersan, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Slatersan

Slatersan Purple Belt

Haven’t seen this posted here yet. He’s doing Westside Barbell powerlifting method or something based off that. Pretty cool. I love powerlifting and BJJ and rarely see high level guys applying them together. I posted this in the grappling section but I figured you guys might want to check it out as well.

KnightTemplar and ASUThermo like this.
  2. boingyman

boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

I have a lot of memories doing conjugate training with my old powerlifting team. I still wear my old WSB pitbull shirt as an undershirt that I had for over 15 years. Shit has a bunch of holes, but so damn comfortable. I just started training again and I may consider programming based on conjugate method in the future, but may also be more methodical with RPE/volume. I wonder how his strength levels carry over to BJJ at a high level.

KnightTemplar and Slatersan like this.
  3. Slatersan

Slatersan Purple Belt

He’s a beast just choked out Edwin Najmi

boingyman and KnightTemplar like this.
  4. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

Fairly fucking well. I've had a playful roll with dante at a seminar once. Haven't felt many guys that strong.

5. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Ebony Belt Platinum Member

Chad Wesley Smith, who founded Juggernaut Training Systems and has Squatted 900 lbs in competition, took Silver at the Ultra Heavy Blue Belt in the Pan Ams. There's a video of him tapping an opponent with a Kimura that Smith applies with one hand. So yeah, while Skill is obviously king, I'd say strength levels carry over pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    boingyman, Phlog and Slatersan like this.