Dante Leon’s garage powerlifting workout

Slatersan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Haven’t seen this posted here yet. He’s doing Westside Barbell powerlifting method or something based off that. Pretty cool. I love powerlifting and BJJ and rarely see high level guys applying them together. I posted this in the grappling section but I figured you guys might want to check it out as well.

I have a lot of memories doing conjugate training with my old powerlifting team. I still wear my old WSB pitbull shirt as an undershirt that I had for over 15 years. Shit has a bunch of holes, but so damn comfortable. I just started training again and I may consider programming based on conjugate method in the future, but may also be more methodical with RPE/volume. I wonder how his strength levels carry over to BJJ at a high level.

I have a lot of memories doing conjugate training with my old powerlifting team. I still wear my old WSB pitbull shirt as an undershirt that I had for over 15 years. Shit has a bunch of holes, but so damn comfortable. I just started training again and I may consider programming based on conjugate method in the future, but may also be more methodical with RPE/volume. I wonder how his strength levels carry over to BJJ at a high level.
He’s a beast just choked out Edwin Najmi

Fairly fucking well. I've had a playful roll with dante at a seminar once. Haven't felt many guys that strong.

Chad Wesley Smith, who founded Juggernaut Training Systems and has Squatted 900 lbs in competition, took Silver at the Ultra Heavy Blue Belt in the Pan Ams. There's a video of him tapping an opponent with a Kimura that Smith applies with one hand. So yeah, while Skill is obviously king, I'd say strength levels carry over pretty well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back