Danny Garcia: If MWs can fight WWs, then dont criticize me

Nobody even knows who Danny Garcia is. If you were to search the last name Garcia would bring in millions of OTHER results.

That is simply false. Garcia has done nothing to help out his popularity in recent years but that doesn't change the fact he did actually knock out Erik Morales and a prime Amir Khan and beat a very hyped up version of Lucas.

I think at this point GGG is obviously the more talked about and popular fighter but Garcia is in no way shape or form some unknown fighter like you are saying. He is in the conversation for every single big fight around his weight class and has been for years. Including Mayweather/Pacman fights. The fact he doesn't take any of those fights hurts people's view of him quite obviously but no one would be disappointed if no one knew who he was in the first place.

Viewers are viewers. Less people watched Golovkins big fight than watched Garcia's last fight. I don't care about your chart. The argument here is about how well known Garcia is.

Viewers are viewers? So, Canelo Alvarez is lesser known than Garcia too. Since Garcia got 4x more viewers than Canelo in his last fight.

You're not making any sense here and you know it.

Viewers are viewers? So, Canelo Alvarez is lesser known than Garcia too. Since Garcia got 4x more viewers than Canelo in his last fight.

You're not making any sense here and you know it.
I didn't say he was more or less known. Just that he's not unknown. Did more people watch Garcia/Guerrero live or Golovkin/Lemieux live?

I didn't say he was more or less known. Just that he's not unknown. Did more people watch Garcia/Guerrero live or Golovkin/Lemieux live?

Garcia is definitely not unknown. He's probably in the top 10-12 fighters in name recognition in the sport. But he's still pretty far below GGG right now, and when you basically took the last 3 years off you don't get to strong arm Manny Pacquiao for more than $4 million.

I like Danny just fine, and I don't like Berto's personality at all, but I still kinda hope that Berto knocks him out. I think it's because Berto actually seems to want to fight people and Garcia has pretty much given up on doing anything but cashing in.

For sure his stock will go down with hardcore fans . And perhaps many casuals . Your right I am just baiting an argument . I am sorry . My frustration is How Triple G gets a pass because his whole marketing is based on people avoiding him and it's not as simple as that . Then he fights a blown up good fighter and some justify how it's ok
I'll leave it alone I am happy we have new stars in boxing and it's no longer pac and Mayweather only
Yeah, I know what you mean, but hopefully once GGG can do well on a PPV we'll see them fight. There really aren't that many big names to go after at MW so if they continue to avoid the fight it should become painfully obvious.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but hopefully once GGG can do well on a PPV we'll see them fight. There really aren't that many big names to go after at MW so if they continue to avoid the fight it should become painfully obvious.
I think Brook/Golovkin is on regular HBO, where it should be.

Nobody even knows who Danny Garcia is. If you were to search the last name Garcia would bring in millions of OTHER results
I really don't know how I missed this little bit you said. "Search the last name Garcia and a million other results will come up."

Well, duh. Its one of the most common latino names in the world.

When I search "Danny Garcia", I got 35 million matches.

I think Brook/Golovkin is on regular HBO, where it should be.
Ok, you're probably right there, but I think it's going to take a good PPV showing to get these fights made. Right now all you need to do is point out the Lemieux PPV numbers and make an 85-15 split demand. Also the fight might seem like more risk than the reward is worth.

Not sure how close Brook is to Khan in popularity in Britain but if it was a PPV it would have been a good way to help the negotiations along. They would have some sort of benchmark to determine a fair split.

Not sure how much Danny makes for his fights lately but I think 3 million might be damn near a career high. He should take it, and, if he is as good as he says, gets to add Pac to his collection of wins. Pacquiao looked sharp (but not at his best) his last time out. Might as well fight him now.

His highest payday was 2 million .
4 million is double that and more than a fair offer for someone like Garcia .

His highest payday was 2 million .
4 million is double that and more than a fair offer for someone like Garcia .
Well, he (or his team) doesn't agree and is probably going to make similar money for a higher profile(yes, more will see a PBC fight than buy a Pac PPV.) fight against an easier opponent.

Pac is at that stage of his career where he's high risk. He's considered past it when he underperforms though is still dangerous enough to beat anyone around his weight.

Frankly, Pac is not a smart fight for a guy building his legacy to take at this point. It backfired horribly for Bradley and aside from that, Garcia is the undefeated champion here, why should he take a fraction of Pacs money to make a Pac PPV sell better?

Like I pointed out, a lot of people were outraged when Canelo lowballed Golovkin but say Garcia is ducking when Top Rank lowballs him.

Last edited:
Well, he (or his team) doesn't agree and is probably going to make similar money for a higher profile(yes, more will see a PBC fight than buy a Pac PPV.) fight against an easier opponent.

Pac is at that stage of his career where he's high risk. He's considered past it when he underperforms though is still dangerous enough to beat anyone around his weight.

Frankly, Pac is not a smart fight for a guy building his legacy to take at this point. It backfired horribly for Bradley and aside from that, Garcia is the undefeated champion here, why should he take a fraction of Pacs money to make a Pac PPV sell better?

Like I pointed out, a lot of people were outraged when Canelo lowballed Golovkin but say Garcia is ducking when Top Rank lowballs him.
Well it's not really so comparable to the Canelo-GGG offer since that was a mandatory to unify a split title and GGG being more marketable than Danny is at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny makes less than $2 million compared to the $4 million TR offered but he will have a much better chance to win. I'm disappointed that the fight didn't come together but can't blame Danny for holding out for a Mayweather fight. If Manny has a good win and rematches Floyd in May he'll probably be kicking himself in the ass though.

Well it's not really so comparable to the Canelo-GGG offer since that was a mandatory to unify a split title and GGG being more marketable than Danny is at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny makes less than $2 million compared to the $4 million TR offered but he will have a much better chance to win. I'm disappointed that the fight didn't come together but can't blame Danny for holding out for a Mayweather fight. If Manny has a good win and rematches Floyd in May he'll probably be kicking himself in the ass though.
Its the same thing. A big name demanding a legit opponent take a fraction of the purse he'll get.

Its the same thing. A big name demanding a legit opponent take a fraction of the purse he'll get.
It's the same thing but exaggerated. Also consider that Danny is on the short list of names to face Floyd if he comes back. There's no better way to be the obvious choice than a win over Manny.

I don't think its exaggerated at all. People just like Golovkin more than Garcia right now.

Back