Danny Garcia: If MWs can fight WWs, then dont criticize me

Lol at comparing GGG to Danny Garcia.

Nobody even knows who Danny Garcia is. If you were to search the last name Garcia would bring in millions of OTHER results.

Its a clear duck, career high pay day, fighting a declining atg who is 37 (Danny is 28). DSG doesnt want to lose that 0, but like wand says dare to be great. Al is setting up these fights with intent on keeping those with an 0 remain with an 0. :(

I agree with the that answer so can the some line of thinking be offered to the Canelo v Triple G offer ?

No, because Canelo is not a worldwide icon or boxing legend, and GGG is one of the most popular boxers in the world. And Canelo still offered even less to GGG.

I agree with the that answer so can the some line of thinking be offered to the Canelo v Triple G offer ?
Not sure what you're asking but reading through the typos I would say no. Danny is just another option of many that Pac has if he's going to continue fighting. Canelo fighting these other guys is basically what Danny is doing. Smaller paychecks but they will add up with only a small chance to lose a fight. Canelo vs GGG is probably the second best fight that can be made in all of boxing.

being the self proclaimed best poster in the boxing forum, my expert analysis for this fight is that it's not a very good one. Case closed.

*slams gavel.

Not sure what you're asking but reading through the typos I would say no. Danny is just another option of many that Pac has if he's going to continue fighting. Canelo fighting these other guys is basically what Danny is doing. Smaller paychecks but they will add up with only a small chance to lose a fight. Canelo vs GGG is probably the second best fight that can be made in all of boxing.
I will disagree , there is no proof that triple G will offer a bigger paycheck at this time ,

My guess it will but we are not sure
Look at the khan fight and Cotto fight
Canelo has options to make money and less risk where as Triple G does not .

Canelo can fight Broner and probably make more and with less risk

No, because Canelo is not a worldwide icon or boxing legend, and GGG is one of the most popular boxers in the world. And Canelo still offered even less to GGG.
I'll say risk vs reward , Canelo has more options similar to Pac man , current Pacman made similar PPV numbers as Canelo didn't he?

What proof is there that Triple G can bring in higher ppv ?

My guess is he will but there is no proof

I will disagree , there is no proof that triple G will offer a bigger paycheck at this time ,

Canelo has a ton of options to make fights because he has a fanbase. Are you going to give those guys a good fight, or feed him a can, doesn't matter those guys will pay.

I'll say risk vs reward , Canelo has more options similar to Pac man , current Pacman made similar PPV numbers as Canelo didn't he?

What proof is there that Triple G can bring in higher ppv ?

My guess is he will but there is no proof
Don't be that guy that argues just because. It's not just you, we all believe a GGG fight will sell better, because fans and laymen alike will like the sound of two people they know tear up ass will be fighting. Canelo can stick to fighting easy marks but it will just make his stock drop.

Don't be that guy that argues just because. It's not just you, we all believe a GGG fight will sell better, because fans and laymen alike will like the sound of two people they know tear up ass will be fighting. Canelo can stick to fighting easy marks but it will just make his stock drop.
People said the same things about floyd and manny. Hell, people said the same about Tim Bradley and he made bank.

Last edited:

What makes you think he can fight Broner? Broner already turned down a career high payday against a smaller, less dangerous opponent in Pac.

What makes you think he can fight Broner? Broner already turned down a career high payday against a smaller, less dangerous opponent in Pac.
All Canelo needs to do is go bowling with Broner and that fight will get made

Last edited:
For sure his stock will go down with hardcore fans . And perhaps many casuals . Your right I am just baiting an argument . I am sorry . My frustration is How Triple G gets a pass because his whole marketing is based on people avoiding him and it's not as simple as that . Then he fights a blown up good fighter and some justify how it's ok
I'll leave it alone I am happy we have new stars in boxing and it's no longer pac and Mayweather only

It's pretty much confirmed to be Berto. Andre Berto, the one from that Guerrero fight that one time.

the Guerrero fight isn't the loss he's known for. Its not even his second most infamous loss.

Lol at comparing GGG to Danny Garcia.

Nobody even knows who Danny Garcia is. If you were to search the last name Garcia would bring in millions of OTHER results.

Its a clear duck, career high pay day, fighting a declining atg who is 37 (Danny is 28). DSG doesnt want to lose that 0, but like wand says dare to be great. Al is setting up these fights with intent on keeping those with an 0 remain with an 0. :(
Bullshit. You're showing bias. Garcia is a well known fighter and has fought higher profile competition than Golovkin by a wide margin.

"One of the most popular boxers in the world" failed to sell 100K in PPVs according to some sources.

Lots of fans on this forum overrate Golovkins popularity. And no, I'm not making a list of them.

"One of the most popular boxers in the world" failed to sell 100K in PPVs according to some sources.

Lots of fans on this forum overrate Golovkins popularity. And no, I'm not making a list of them.

Floyd Mayweather only sold 400k against Berto, according to some sources.

But we do know for a fact what HBO and Showtime ratings are.

Golovkin averaged over 1.3 million views on HBO against Wade and Monroe, his last two fights on cable.

Garcia's popularity spiked after he beat Lucas and he turned in a Showtime average rating of 972k against Herrera.

Floyd Mayweather only sold 400k against Berto, according to some sources.
Because no one cared enough to buy that fight. Just like Golovkin when HBO asks for an extra 60 bucks for his fight. Casuals tune in to see his KOs on regular HBO.

But we do know for a fact what HBO and Showtime ratings are.

Golovkin averaged over 1.3 million views on HBO against Wade and Monroe, his last two fights on cable.

Garcia's popularity spiked after he beat Lucas and he turned in a Showtime average rating of 972k against Herrera.
3 million watched Garcia vs Guerrero.Whats that work out to? 30 times the fans who watched Golovkin/Lemieux? But no one knows who he is right?

Because no one cared enough to buy that fight. Just like Golovkin when HBO asks for an extra 60 bucks for his fight. Casuals tune in to see his KOs on regular HBO.

3 million watched Garcia vs Guerrero.Whats that work out to? 30 times the fans who watched Golovkin/Lemieux? But no one knows who he is right?

Obviously you cannot compare Network television to HBO/Showtime. But you know that already.

On cable, GGG draws 38% higher than Garcia.

On the internet (the only other apples to apples comparison), he's 3 times more popular since 2012. I started it then, since that is when Garcia was more popular. If I made it a recent search, it would be even wider.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 6.54.19 PM.png

Those are the apples to apples comparisons we have. We have HBO/Showtime ratings, and we have the internet. By those measures, GGG is much more popular.

Danny Garcia mainly just made fun on the internet these days. He is not a popular guy anymore.

Lol I just noticed that more people search for Golovkin in between his fights than they do when Garcia is having fights on Network television.

Viewers are viewers. Less people watched Golovkins big fight than watched Garcia's last fight. I don't care about your chart. The argument here is about how well known Garcia is.

Back