Daniel DC Cormier

i agree that while i wouldnt be mad to see him fight for the strap, Gus is currently more deserving. only 2 fights in the division. sure DC has looked great. but he's mostly fought fighters on the back side of their 'prime'. if he stayed at HW and didnt duck Cain, he would have had his TS already. he chose to change divisions. you gotta put in your work. to me, Rumble beating Phil Davis is a much more deserving victory, but Rumble isnt ready for a TS either. Let those 2 fight each other, winner gets jones/gus winner. If a fighter has to petition or have his fans argue why he deserves a title shot, he shouldnt get a title shot. There should be no debating in who gets one, it should be earned in the ring by beating the best and erasing any doubts in people's minds. as far as vitor and chael go...dont get me started. neither of those deserved a TS, but i guess everyone else was ducking bones at the time so it forced dana's hand. but yeah, politics, arguing should not be involved in getting to fight the champ, beat everyone and become a clear cut #1 contender...do it in the cage and stfu

I hope people are believers by now. Ever since I saw him ragdoll Barnett, I jumped on the bandwagon- the guy is a future champion.

Jones will not have a clue what hit him when he fights DC- the guy is too damn strong, it's insane. He looks just as strong at LHW as he did at HW, and he's fast for a big guy on the mat. Best fighter at LHW, and barring Cain- possibly the best fighter in the whole UFC. What I wouldn't give to see him fight Cain, I really hope they have a massive row in training and he moves up to fight him at HW.

How to earn Championship fight should be done. each division has a champ and top 5, 1-5. Only number one gets to challenge champ. How does a fighter get to be number one is fighting each of the 5 and winning each fight until you reach the champ. If you lose, the UFC should cut the fighter, and a new number five is named. Has DC fought all of the top five guys in the LHW division? If not, talk about a fighting the champ is way too early.

xPtKXEA.gif

How to earn Championship fight should be done. each division has a champ and top 5, 1-5. Only number one gets to challenge champ. How does a fighter get to be number one is fighting each of the 5 and winning each fight until you reach the champ. If you lose, the UFC should cut the fighter, and a new number five is named. Has DC fought all of the top five guys in the LHW division? If not, talk about a fighting the champ is way too early.

You are really, really stupid.

Wow...your entire post is brilliant! Such incredible logic, insight and understanding of the fight game.

You have taken Sherdog to new highs. Bravo.

One assumes 2-5 are also making fights with each other and half of them are losing.... So why should 6 have to fight every one of them....

Not to mention scheduling and injuries.

...moron post

So number 6 fighter beats fighters 5, 4, 3 and 2 (in that order). Will take at least a year. While they otherwise just sit around waiting.

And then after taking out almost the entire top 5, loses to No. 1 (who for some inexplicable reason wants to fight number 6 instead of just fighting for the title himself)...and then is cut! Despite just having beaten numbers 5 ,4 ,3 and 2.

ok then.....

Like I said before - brilliant!

I hope people are believers by now. Ever since I saw him ragdoll Barnett, I jumped on the bandwagon- the guy is a future champion.

Jones will not have a clue what hit him when he fights DC- the guy is too damn strong, it's insane. He looks just as strong at LHW as he did at HW, and he's fast for a big guy on the mat. Best fighter at LHW, and barring Cain- possibly the best fighter in the whole UFC. What I wouldn't give to see him fight Cain, I really hope they have a massive row in training and he moves up to fight him at HW.

That's not very nice and lets not get carried away now. Can't wait to see him fight Jones, although also cant wait to see the Gus rematch.

In any event, let's not start counting out the most dominant LHW of all time.

Back