Daniel DC Cormier

Rubberman1

John Rambo Life Lessons
@purple
Reaction score
first off im a huge DC fan, I personally feel he and Cain are the two best fighters on earth, now my question is for the Cormier detractors why or how on earth does anyone believe he hasn't earned a tittle shot, he hasn't lost a single round in his career and his performances at HW and LHW have been nothing short of amazing performances against tough competition. So what is it about DC you dislike? if McGreGOAT can get people on the bandwagon against the guys hes fought why not DC

Conor = OOAT aka Overrated of All Time

he hasn't lost a single round in his career
I'm pretty sure he has lost the 5th round of Barnett fight on at least one scorecard. You know, the round where he has spend one minute running.

So what is it about DC you dislike?
He's a sportsman first and "a warrior" second. His fighting style is effective, but he's also fighting safe. So sometimes he's not very fun to watch.
And you can say that his best wins are Barnett and Silva who were beaten by Browne and Cain in a much more dominant fashion so that kinda makes DC not that good, lol.

Nevertheless, DC is my Great Black hope to dethrone Jones, so I'm always rooting for him. But people complaining about his style or opposition have their points.

I'm pretty sure he has lost the 5th round of Barnett fight on at least one scorecard. You know, the round where he has spend one minute running.

He's a sportsman first and "a warrior" second. His fighting style is effective, but he's also fighting safe. So sometimes he's not very fun to watch.
And you can say that his best wins are Barnett and Silva who were beaten by Browne and Cain in a much more dominant fashion so that kinda makes DC not that good, lol.

Nevertheless, DC is my Great Black hope to dethrone Jones, so I'm always rooting for him. But people complaining about his style or opposition have their points.

so to answer your first he never lost that round, only according to one official the other two still gave him that round

DC is a laid back and respectful dude and only talks smack when he has to.The best pure wrestler in the UFC!

Yea he did lose a round to Barnett. The scorecards were 49-46,50-45,50-45.

I do disagree on your statement of him fighting safe. Maybe against Mir he played it safe using the clinch and cage to get the nod with the judges. But he stood with Nelson landing some good shots on him also using some wrestling. Against Cummins and Hendo he went for the kill. Maybe DC didn't go out there like a wild man throwing bombs, but he definitely wanted to finish those two guys.

I consider myself a big DC fan. What he's accomplished at HW is great and I respect him for not fighting a teammate (I would of done the same) but since he turned down that title fight at HW, doesn't mean he should be granted a new one in a NEW division.

The wins he had at LHW are Cummins and Hendo which are decent and good respectively, but those fights don't ensure a title shot and even adding that Gus is next in line and that's the fight a majority of fans want to see (JBJ vs. Gus II). DC should wait for the fight or fight Glover or AJ (because we all know Lil' Nog is gonna pull out regardless).

IMHO, it's a win-win situation for DC. If he waits his turn ay LHW he can only get better everyday for the winner of JBJ vs. Gus II.

How to earn Championship fight should be done. each division has a champ and top 5, 1-5. Only number one gets to challenge champ. How does a fighter get to be number one is fighting each of the 5 and winning each fight until you reach the champ. If you lose, the UFC should cut the fighter, and a new number five is named. Has DC fought all of the top five guys in the LHW division? If not, talk about a fighting the champ is way too early.

How to earn Championship fight should be done. each division has a champ and top 5, 1-5. Only number one gets to challenge champ. How does a fighter get to be number one is fighting each of the 5 and winning each fight until you reach the champ. If you lose, the UFC should cut the fighter, and a new number five is named. Has DC fought all of the top five guys in the LHW division? If not, talk about a fighting the champ is way too early.
Ya, that'll never happen.

White belt with a bulletproof plan to put the UFC in bankruptcy.

af44b_ORIG-thats_gold_jerry.jpg

He's earned a title shot. But he's not going to fight for that title for at least 7-9 months, longer if Jones loses. I just don't like the idea of lining up title shots; there should only be one 'contender' at a time, after he fights for the title that 'contender' slot opens up to someone else and they fight for the title. That slot is filled by Gustafsson now (if Gus wins it'll go to Jones, if Jones wins it'll go to next in line), but until it empties there should be no guarantees and no waiting. You fight until you're given that contender slot.

first off im a huge DC fan, I personally feel he and Cain are the two best fighters on earth, now my question is for the Cormier detractors why or how on earth does anyone believe he hasn't earned a tittle shot, he hasn't lost a single round in his career and his performances at HW and LHW have been nothing short of amazing performances against tough competition. So what is it about DC you dislike? if McGreGOAT can get people on the bandwagon against the guys hes fought why not DC

He has earned himself a title shot, it's just that Gus has a stronger claim on it right now. Give it a few months.

so to answer your first he never lost that round, only according to one official the other two still gave him that round

So you admit the round wasn't earned.

J/k

One assumes 2-5 are also making fights with each other and half of them are losing.... So why should 6 have to fight every one of them....

Not to mention scheduling and injuries.

...moron post

He just placed himself in the contender mix in my opinion with this last fight. Before that, Rumble was ahead of him (and probably still should be considering how high ranked Phil was compared to Hendo) because he had a top ten win. If you want to challenge for a weight division's championship, you have to climb the ladder and beat relevant fighters in that division to earn your shot. It's a simple concept really. Wins outside of that weight division should not count toward a title shot.

Wow...........just wow.

RcQAq6x.gif

Back